Glens Falls (NY) Online Book Discussion Group discussion

Television & Radio > 51st Grammy Awards - On TV tonight, Feb. 8, 2009

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Feb 07, 2009 11:06PM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments The 51st Grammy Awards will be on TV tonight (8PM ET/PT - CBS). See: ====>
http://www.grammy.com/

The word "Grammy" comes from gramophone, of course.
Wiki says:
=========================================================
"The Grammy Awards (originally called the Gramophone Awards)—or Grammys—are presented annually by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences of the United States for outstanding achievements in the music industry. The awards ceremony features performances by prominent artists, and some of the awards of more popular interest are presented in a widely-viewed televised ceremony."
=========================================================
Above from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grammy_a...

Below is a link to the nominees:
http://www.grammy.com/grammy_awards/5...

Do you watch this show?

message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckymurr) I plan on watching...

message 3: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Becky wrote: "I plan on watching..."

I guess I'll watch too. I should take a nap this afternoon so I can stay awake for the Grammies. Trouble is... I usually don't enjoy the new music.

Who is hosting?

message 4: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckymurr) I am not sure who is hosting but Neil Diamond is getting a Lifetime award & I like him. I am not always thrilled with the acts but I still like to watch. I remember how excited I would get when I was a teenager & knew the awards were going to be on.....

message 5: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Feb 08, 2009 09:39AM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments I try to watch just in case someone makes a good speech. I love good speeches.

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckymurr) I wouldn't expect much if I were you LOL!!!

message 7: by Joy H., Group Founder (last edited Feb 08, 2009 10:00AM) (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments Becky wrote: "I wouldn't expect much if I were you LOL!!!"

You never know!

I also love watching the expressions on the celebrities in the audience.
I try to figure out what they're thinking. (g)

message 8: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments The show starts in 5 minutes at 8 PM on CBS.
That's my Time Warner Cable Channel 6.

message 9: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckymurr) I watched, while being sick on the couch all day & night....yuck

Some of the show was good, some not so good but I enjoyed it & was happy to see U2 open the show, I have been a fan for many years....

message 10: by Joy H., Group Founder (new)

Joy H. (joyofglensfalls) | 16697 comments I enjoyed the part where Jamie Fox danced with 4 or 5 other male performers. That was a cute number. I didn't know who the other male performers were who were dancing and singing with Fox.