Young Adult Fiction for Adults discussion

Skid (Skid, #1)
This topic is about Skid
Authors > Autographed Paperback Giveaway This Week!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Doug (new) - added it

Doug Solter (dougsolter) This week I'm doing a new giveaway of my young adult Formula 1 racing novel... Skid by Doug Solter

Enter today! http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...

Here's more about the novel...

Samantha Sutton drove the car that killed her dad. Now the seventeen-year-old can’t rest until she becomes the racing champion her dad molded her to be. Samantha exploits the system and earns a spot on a German racing team struggling to be relevant against the elite teams of Formula 1.

Samantha pushes herself, pushes her car, pushes her luck at 200 miles per hour. She battles Emilio Ronaldo, seven time world champion and Ferrari racing god. A hero to young girl, but now a rival to a young woman.

To keep herself sane, Samantha relies on her best friend Manny. But she doesn’t know quite what to do about his deep feelings for her. She would love to ask her sisters for advice, but they won’t talk to her. Not since Samantha told them the truth about Dad’s accident. The truth about that dark and rainy night.

What readers have been saying on Goodreads...

“What I loved about Samantha is her strong personality. Even when she was being bullied by the others in the Formula 1 world, she never backed down; she stood up for herself and showed the world that women had talent in racing too.” - Erfa

“Actual writing was good, especially writing the events as seen through a teenage girl's eyes. Some writers just can't nail that, so I applaud Solter for hitting it right on the mark.” - May

message 2: by Carol (new) - added it

Carol | 9 comments Thanks for letting me know about this giveaway, sounds like a great story. I entered the giveaway. Would like to read this young adult novel.

message 3: by Doug (new) - added it

Doug Solter (dougsolter) You're welcome, Carol! Good luck!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Skid (other topics)