Clean Reads discussion

Promos/Giveaways/Freebies(oh my) > New novella, "Sing To Me," Free 9/26 and 9/27!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Pennington (michellelpennington) | 4 comments Wednesday and Thursday, (9/26/12 - 9/27/12) my newly released YA romance, "Sing To Me," will be Free! Grab it while you can!

Senior Prom is just a few weeks away, and Rylie’s long time crush asked her to go with him. Wow! Could things get more perfect? Oh, except her mom is making her earn the money for her dress, mostly by cleaning all the dead bugs out of their house, and a guy in choir is making her life miserable. Then her mom lands her a steady babysitting job and things start to look up. She’ll have her dress in no time and a two year old is better than bugs any day. Unfortunately, she’s in for a big surprise when she shows up for her first night on duty. One moonlit lullaby and Rylie realizes she’s in trouble. What do you do when you have everything you wanted… and you don’t want it anymore?

SingToMe

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009E8IGVE

message 2: by Teryn (new)

Teryn | 18 comments Thanks! Love to try it.

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen Me also. Thank you.

message 4: by Shay (new)

Shay (foregroundnoise) | 6 comments Hello! Today, for my book cover design practice (I'm going to college for Graphic Design) I redesigned your book cover.

I hope this is okay! Anyway, it can be found here.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww...

Feel free to use it for whatever.

Toodles
-S

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Pennington (michellelpennington) | 4 comments There's a lot I like about it. The only problem is that I want the cover to match the rest of the books in the True Images Series. Since the first book is already set up to paperback, I'm not changing it now. Looks like you do good work though. Keep it up. There's a big market for affordable cover design.

message 6: by Michelle (last edited Sep 28, 2012 08:47AM) (new)

Michelle Pennington (michellelpennington) | 4 comments Oh, I've been thinking about it, and I just wanted to warn you to be careful playing around with people's images. For example, I paid for the right to use and alter this photo. It's no big deal to me if this is the only place you've put this, but other people might care - like the stock photo company I purchased this from and the photographer.
Protect yourself.

message 7: by Shay (new)

Shay (foregroundnoise) | 6 comments I'mm sorry! I was just practicing, not insulting or anything... for my future career (I'm 18). Anway, I didn't use the image on the front of your book, I drew my own.

One day I will do book covers for my own books! It'll be so much fun! I've read a lot about book cover design, and it's a great load of info! (I wasn't planning on you using it as a cover, just think of it as fan art).

Toodles
-S

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Pennington (michellelpennington) | 4 comments Sounds great. I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't get into hot water. I'd hate for that to happen. I minored in art in college, but I went the fine arts route even though there was an excellent CAD program. Kind of wish I'd gone the graphic arts route now. Oh well. Hindsight and all that.

I really liked what you did with it.You've obviously got talent. You definitely gave me a lot to think about, so I thank you for that. I think I'm going to play with the cover. I want it to look it's best, even if it doesn't necessarily "match."

I'm curious about a couple of things - did you read the book?
- would you be interested in possibly working on a cover for another book some time? Maybe we could communicate some more. My email is michellepennington.author@gmail.com. I've felt caged in by my limitations in this area. I could also introduce you to other authors if you ever wanted to go that route. A lot of multi-talented people such as yourself make ends meet that way until their writing careers take off.