Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

You Don't Know Me (Deep Haven, #6)
This topic is about You Don't Know Me
Archived Buddy Reads > ❀Abbi and Melanie❀ You Don't Know Me by Susan May Warren

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan, ☘I Lost My Shoe ☘ (new)

Megan (celtic_girl) | 6294 comments Mod
❀Abbi and Melanie❀ You Don't Know Me by Susan May Warren

message 2: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Melanie (lovebeingvegan) | 9526 comments Mod
Abbi, just thought I'd start out the discussion since we are both at the halfway mark. :)

What did you think about Annalise's/Deidre's mom having to say goodbye to her daughter for possibly forever? I felt so bad for her - I can't imagine how painful that would be for a mom. :'(

Abbi Sorry I haven't been on much! The house I'm staying at forgot their wifi password so I can only get on a few times a day when I'm at the place we are doing volunteer work!
I KNOW! That was so depressing-I can't imagine it! I also can't imagine keeping that big of a secret from your husband! It will be interesting to see how he will react.

I kinda like Tucker. He has that whole bad boy aura but deep down he's a good kid and just wants to be loved.

Frank is also pretty cool! I love how protective he is of Annalise. And he and Helen are pretty cute together!

Side note-Have you been on SMW's blog and read her character interviews? They are pretty cool and it's fun to see faces to put with names!

message 4: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

It will be interesting to see how her husband reacts... I think he will be finding it out soon.

Oh, Tucker! I totally like his character and agree with what you've said! I like how he stood up for what was right and got rid of those drugs.

Yes, Frank is great! I hope he and Helen are able to have a relationship, but that scene where Helen got nose bleeds leads me to think things aren't great health-wise for her.

I can't believe Nathan spent all that money for the campaign when no one was running against him! I feel kind of bad for him, though, because of what had happened with his dad.

--

No, I don't think I've been to Susan's blog lately, but I might have seen one of the character's picture on Facebook (maybe).

Abbi Helen does seem to be going down-hill heath-wise which is really sad!

And yeah I was shocked that Nathan did that!

I have to go so I will talk to you next time I get on!

message 6: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Okay. I look forward to chatting more when you are able. :)

message 7: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I feel bad for Annalise and how she has to hide so much of her past from her children (and husband) like the fact that she played volleyball.

Do you think they are going to leave Deep Haven? Part of me thinks yes and part of me thinks no. :/

Abbi Yeah it would be horrible not to be able to fully share in things with your kids!

Personally I think they will stay in Deep Haven since the series is all about the town I don't think they'll have them leave. And it will add more craziness to have the "showdown" happen in a place where they are well known.

I feel bad for Nathan with all the things he's had to go through! First his dad leaves, then dies and he gets shunned for it, and then his mom gets cancer so he has to take care of her. I can't imagine how he'll feel when he finds out Annalise's secret, it will be one more blow!

message 9: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh, yes, I feel horrible for all the things Nathan has gone through and I do not think he'll take being deceived by Annalise very well.

I think if they stay in Deep Haven that Frank will stay too...

message 10: by Abbi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abbi Yeah I think Frank would stay!

I'm sorry I'm not coming up with things to discuss since I left the book at the house I'm staying at which doesn't have internet!

message 11: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

That's okay, I've run out of things to discuss anyway. :) Want to read the next half? And try to discuss it Saturday or Sunday?

message 12: by Abbi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abbi Well I actually have been busy all day everyday since we have been volunteering where my sis is then hanging out with people in the evening so I won't have any time to read until our trip back Sun/Mon. Could we talk Monday or Tuesday?

message 13: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Definitely. :) Hope you're having a great time on your trip. :)

message 14: by Abbi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abbi Yeah it's pretty fun! Thanks!

message 15: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm finished and ready to discuss whenever you are. :)

message 16: by Abbi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abbi I'm done too! WOW did I love this book!

I have to say Nathan reacted better than I thought he would. Yes he was angry for a bit but he did kinda have a right to be at least a little mad.

Tucker's reaction to having dinner with the Deckers was...well I can't actually come up with a word but I loved that part. It makes you wonder how many people out there are desperately longing for what I have so often taken for granted.

I was so happy that Helen didn't have cancer! But I thought it was adorable how Frank decided (in his mind) that he was gonna stick around this time and fight!

message 17: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I agree - Nathan did react better than I had anticipated....but that scene with the shotgun was really scary! At first I had thought he shot Henry! Was so glad when it was just the picture/wall. :)

I think Tucker was my favorite character in this book and I love his reaction to having dinner with the Deckers! Oh, and how towards the end he follows Annalise and then goes in the water to save her! So heroic! :)

Me too! I had really thought Helen's cancer had come back and was so glad that it hadn't! :) Frank was great! I had a feeling when he left to ID that person that it wouldn't be Garcia and I love how Frank acted on the way back to Deep Haven!

What did you think about when Colleen was captured by Garcia? I did not think he would have released her, so when she was on the volleyball court I was surprised.

message 18: by Abbi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abbi I thought he shot Henry too! I finally breathed when I figured out it was just the picture/wall!

Yeah Tucker was plain awesome! I was so happy he followed Annalise and risked his life to save her!

Yeah I kinda knew it wouldn't be Garcia it wasn't nearly dramatic enough! And Frank's reactions were amazing! I loved when his partner gave him the talk!

I was scared he was gonna do something to her and use her to make Annalise do what he wanted! I was completely shocked when she was at the volleyball court.

I loved the scene where Nathan is watching the town rally around to find Annalise and realizes that he is accepted in the town!

I have to go and I won't get on till this evening when I'm finally going to be home again!

message 19: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh, yes! I loved it when Nathan realized he was accepted in the town! :)

I thought Garcia was going to use Colleen to make Annalise go somewhere or do something... so glad when that wasn't the case! :)

Oh, and I loved when Nathan found Annalise at that house after she had left! So sweet! He was so kind and loving to her. :)

-

No problem. :) Look forward to talking more when you can. :)

message 20: by Abbi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abbi Yeah that scene at the house was so sweet! It was cool how he figured out where she would be! I loved this quote from that scene:
"Lise...I married you. I don't care what your name was or is. The circumstances don't change my love for you. It is. And will be. I love you, period."

I also liked the scene where John Christiansen comes and gives Nathan a talking to!

message 21: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I love that quote too! :)

I'm kind of wondering if Colleen's team ended up winning...

Oh! And I loved the ending when Annalise and her family visit her mother! :)

message 22: by Abbi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abbi They probably did a redo on the game or else the Huskies would've forfeited since the game was kinda disrupted. But who knows?

Yeah that ending was awesome!

So I'm out of things to discuss. You?

message 23: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yeah. I don't have the book by me right now, so I am going by memory, but I think that's all. :)

Had a fun time discussing this book with you! :)

message 24: by Abbi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abbi Yeah it was fun! Sorry I was not able to be online as much!

message 25: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

No worries - I completely understand about you being out of town and not able to get online much. :)

message 26: by Abbi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abbi So do you still want to read Solitary?

message 27: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

I do, but don't know if I'll be able to fit it in this month and don't want to make you wait if you planned on reading it soon.

message 28: by Abbi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abbi I actually have a bunch of books I'm trying to get done so waiting is perfect for me!

message 29: by Melanie, ✞Moderator, Avid Reader, & Blogger ✞ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wonderful! I look forward to discussing it later with you. :)

message 30: by Abbi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abbi :)