The Once and Future King (The Once and Future King, #1-4) The Once and Future King question

Ghost of King Arthur
Ariella Ariella Sep 24, 2012 10:57PM
I'm trying to remember a book I read a few years ago in like elementary school, where the main character somehow end up meeting the ghost of king arthur, but doesn't realize until after, does this sound familiar to anyone? This has been bothering me for a while but I can't remember what book! Please someone answer thanks!

Ariella wrote: "I'm trying to remember a book I read a few years ago in like elementary school, where the main character somehow end up meeting the ghost of king arthur, but doesn't realize until after, does this ..."

Greetings Ariella :)

You mentioned that you had read the book in elementary school. I found a link to books geared at YA audiences which lists a number of books ... maybe it's on that list? :)

Bookstore of Juvenile & Young Adult Arthurian Fiction

Fionavar Tapestry?

I don't think that's what you're talking about but I want to give it a try.

Ariella I've never heard of that book, so I'm guessing I've never read it, but thanks anyways! ...more
Sep 28, 2012 06:03PM

How about Astercote? Astercote by Penelope Lively

The Once and Future King is the quintessential book on King Arthur. It is a fascinating read. I would also recommend the trilogy of the Crystal Caves.

Are you thinking of Susan Cooper's The Dark is Rising series, maybe? I think that may be middle grade, though. I can't recall any children's books about King Arthur and I've been obsessed with those myths since a kid. If you recall, please post!