Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

Individual Book Discussions > Famous five books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Harrison (morganharrison) | 7 comments hi all just wanted to know what you people thought of the famous five books if you have read them as i am in the middle of reading them and really enjoying them.
thanks morgan

message 2: by Taliah (new)

Taliah Lagons | 194 comments I used to love those! I have all 21, and have read them all about abajillion times. My favorite was always book three (five Run Away Together?)

I love how by the end of it they should be about 20, yet they still act like 11-year-olds.

message 3: by £mily (new)

£mily (3mily991) | 1107 comments I remember these books! So unrealistic and formulaic, yet so fun. I remember hating Julian with a passion.
My favourite was also Five run away together. I think that's the one where the aunt gets sick and they run away to the island and solve a kidnapping case.

And yes Taliah, I know what you mean! They start out the series about 10-12, I think, and if they have about 2 adventures a year they should be around 20ish, yet they are trapped in a permanent state of childhood!

message 4: by Bookgeek_zah (last edited Oct 01, 2012 02:41AM) (new)

Bookgeek_zah | 43 comments <3 these books!

message 5: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (BrittyJC) | 1236 comments I lent some to a friend in April and he hasn't given them back.(Kyle actually, imagine a mod unable to return books) I'm addicted to all of Enid Blyton's writing, but Famous Five is my favorite. Unlike other mystery books, they have adventures but they seem so believable, like you could walk out the door and have one yourself. It's better then kids who automatically have awesome fighting skills, or who suddenly discover they are the most power being so on and so forth. I couldn't pick a favorite, but if I had to, it'd probably be the first one.

message 6: by Taliah (new)

Taliah Lagons | 194 comments The unrealistic thing about the books is the number of them. I mean, these kids must be seriously unlucky. I think George is kidnapped about three times!

message 7: by P.J. (new)

P.J. Young (pjyoung) | 3 comments Famous Five books are THE BEST. I used to want to be George ... and I now have a dog a bit like Timmy! I used to nag my mother to get me 'ginger pop' (even though I didn't like it much) and was a bit in love with Julian. You have made me want to dig them out again!