Study Buddies discussion

Discuss Fire Study > Master Magicians

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thu (new)

Thu | 136 comments When a Master Magician dies, do the other Magicians move up and do they change towers? What about the fountain that shows a sky dragon for First magician and the wind leopard for second magician and the unicorn and hawk...if the masters move up the fountain won't match up so do they change the fountain or something?

message 2: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tealibrarian) | 56 comments I'd think that a Master Magician would stay in the tower. Only the title would change. It is not like the First Magician has a penthouse whereas the others have a cloister room...or do they?

message 3: by Thu (new)

Thu | 136 comments Tracy wrote: "I'd think that a Master Magician would stay in the tower. Only the title would change. It is not like the First Magician has a penthouse whereas the others have a cloister room...or do they?"

uhhh what about the fountain?

message 4: by Thu (new)

Thu | 136 comments Does anyone know what happens to the fountain?

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather | 23 comments Maybe the title First, Second, Third, and Fourth are just titles. Irys told Yelena that First Magician can use fire at a higher skill than Irys. The fountain may stay the same and as the Master magician takes the test, the right animal will be their guide?

message 6: by Meme (new)

Meme (mstylp) | 519 comments I don't think they will change in rank because you get you rack by how powerful you are so if someone came in after one died and was just as strong they would get the title I think

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather | 23 comments right, but if they ended up ranking lower for example then wouldn't the 2nd Magician become Frist?

message 8: by Gisela (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 180 comments Heather wrote: "right, but if they ended up ranking lower for example then wouldn't the 2nd Magician become Frist?"

That makes sense. With a new master magician they all reorder themselves accordingly

message 9: by missART (new)

missART | 71 comments What if your Master Magician place is based on which animal became your spirit guide during the Master level test? And that it does not necessarily denote magical strength or order of accent. Zitora got the unicorn and so she is placed as Third Magician accordingly. Perhaps that place never changes despite a death in the "line up"? That there could be a Second, Third and Fourth Magician, but no person to fill the First (a la the end of Fire Study). Perhaps before Zitora passed the Master level test there was only a 1st, 2nd & 4th Magician and no 3rd. No one would "move up", switch towers, or suddenly switch spirit guides. Especially with switching spirit guides, I'd like to think "once your spirit guide, always your spirit guide."

Where this concerns Yelena, I like to think that for a brief time after she returned from the underworld the first time (the burning barn scene in Fire Study), she technically became the Fifth Magician. Thus the arrival of a new spirit guide animal where none had existed before and a whole new Master Magician position with all the trapping that come with it. Had Yelena accepted the position, I think they would have had to make another fountain and add the bat to it. And build a new tower. Technically.
What legacy does this leave then? When Yelena dies, does that mean she leaves the door open for another Fifth Magician to accent? Sounds like a bunch of new problems for the future Master Magicians to solve.

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather | 23 comments Iris explains why Roze was first magician because she could control fire on a much grander scale than she can so Iris was second to her.