The Filipino Group discussion

Pride and Prejudice
This topic is about Pride and Prejudice
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > [Group Events] Online Group Screening: Pride and Prejudice (1995 TV Series)

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by DC (last edited Sep 28, 2012 01:02PM) (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments Hello! Welcome to the thread :)

Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice is the book-of-the-month for this October 2012. Besides the online discussion and face-to-face discussion, we are planning an *online* group screening of the 1995 TV series!

(This means that we will simultaneously watch the episodes of the series, while commenting about it in a forum/chatroom!)

As this is a first-time event for the group, please do give us your comments and/or concerns about it.

Details
-Target days: October 5, 12, 19 (all Fridays)
-Target time: 9-11pm (GMT+8)
-Info: We will be streaming 2 episodes each Friday evening via live stream, while opening up a chatroom where everyone is welcome to comment.
-Alternative: If you have a personal copy of the series and do not wish to watch the live stream, you may opt for joining the chatroom, then pressing the play button simultaneously with the live stream :)

Other concerns
We have put on hold the decision to view the movie as well, due to time considerations.

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Wee once again, what an awesome, awesome idea, DC. :)

I can do 9pm, I think. Live streaming -- I'm not sure exactly how to do that, pero feel ko pwede. Will research a bit on that. :) At least people won't have to look for copies na lang, pero syempre yung connection na lang. :)

I'm all game for Skype. Then ayun, we can post logs here. Let's just make sure everything is on topic when we chat, para hindi ma-over power ng chismisan. Haha.

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments I think what Alexa is suggesting is creating a channel on this site: http://new.livestream.com/

Kind of like this channel for all things BBC: http://www.livestream.com/chebra

Pero dapat diyan, mabilis yung internet ng host para hindi maglag sa viewers.

On my question:
So 6 55-minute episodes siya so pano hahatiin kung October 3 magstart? 2 episodes per week? And pati yung Keira Knightley movie?

(Iba ka talaga DC! Ikaw lang ang F2F mod na tatlo ang thread. hahaha)

message 4: by DC (last edited Sep 24, 2012 10:02PM) (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments Thanks, Tina :D

Tina wrote: "Let's just make sure everything is on topic when we chat, para hindi ma-over power ng chismisan. Haha. "
> Pulis mode all night! HAHAHA!

Aaron Vincent wrote: "I think what Alexa is suggesting is creating a channel on this site: http://new.livestream.com/..."
> Nice! This would probably work, especially if the one hosting it has great internet speeds, I think? Maybe we can pilot test this some time this week, just to make sure it works? :D As for your concern about the episodes, I'll check it out. Probably review some things (watch them, if I could), and let you all know by next week Monday?

Aaron Vincent wrote: "(Iba ka talaga DC! Ikaw lang ang F2F mod na tatlo ang thread. hahaha) "
> Bwahaha, oo nga eh. Nawiwindang na'ko sa kakabasa at kakapost ng (at sa!) thread! Hahaha!

Dante (danteocualesjr) | 294 comments Good idea. But I'm not familiar with online streaming. I'll watch it in my laptop na lang kasi I have a copy of the series. :)

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments I think those who have their own copies can watch on their own and just join the chat? Synchronize and all. But we'll still have that live stream thing if we can manage para those who have no copies can watch. :)

And LOL on pulis mode! Let's just not get carried away with chatting about off topic things. Pwede naman, wag lang mawala sa usapan masyado. :D

Dante (danteocualesjr) | 294 comments I'd love to join the chat.

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments Love it!!!

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments Siguro I'll procure a copy somehow and just join the chat? Sayang din kasi sa bandwidth, hehe. Isync na lang, like someone in the chatroom can give the go signal to hit the play button. :D

message 10: by DC (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments Angus wrote: "Siguro I'll procure a copy somehow and just join the chat? Sayang din kasi sa bandwidth, hehe. Isync na lang, like someone in the chatroom can give the go signal to hit the play button. :D"

This is what I'd like to do too :)

Oh, and I'd personally like to have the movie screened the night before the F2F. Hopefully by that time, most of us have finished the book and all :)

message 11: by Cary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments tama ganun na lang, sabay sabay manood sa kanya kanyang video player

argienchar | 11 comments Saan po pede makakuha ng kopya ng series? :) Gusto ko po sumali! :)

message 13: by DC (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments Hi tuckle! Welcome :)

Right now, we're working on the feasibility of livestreaming the episodes - so people who don't have a copy needn't try so hard to find one :) We'll let everyone know if it works!

Note: We target to have the screening some time next week :D

argienchar | 11 comments okey po! hintayin ko po announcement nyo! thank you! :)

message 15: by DC (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments Hello everyone!

We have tested out the live stream - and after much deliberation (5 hours or so), we have decided that it's a definite GO! Woohoo!

I've updated the first post to reflect the details, but please note the following:

Details
-Target days: October 5, 12, 19 (all Fridays)
-Target time: 9-11pm
-Info: We will be streaming 2 episodes each Friday evening via live stream, while opening up a chatroom where everyone is welcome to comment.
-Alternative: If you have a personal copy of the series and do not wish to watch the live stream, you may opt for joining the chatroom, then pressing the play button simultaneously with the live stream :)

Other concerns
We have put on hold the decision to view the movie as well, due to time considerations.

message 16: by Reev (new)

Reev Robledo (reevrobledo) | 128 comments Cool. Ano yung difference nitong Colin Firth version kay Keira...bukod sa mas maganda si Keira? :)

message 17: by Tina (last edited Sep 29, 2012 07:27AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Reev: the 1995 BBC/Colin Firth version is said to be the most faithful to the book. :)

Plus...it's Colin Firth. Haha. :D

message 18: by Ces (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ces (cessanne) | 6 comments Tina wrote: "Reev: the 1995 BBC/Colin Firth version is said to be the most faithful to the book. :)

Plus...it's Colin Firth. Haha. :D"

Would definitely watch it just because of Colin Firth. <3

message 19: by Reev (new)

Reev Robledo (reevrobledo) | 128 comments Cecille Anne wrote: "Tina wrote: "Reev: the 1995 BBC/Colin Firth version is said to be the most faithful to the book. :)

Would definitely watch it just because of Colin Firth. <3"

Haha. Ok. :)

message 20: by DC (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments [ACTIVITY: GROUP SCREENING OF PRIDE AND PREJUDICE]

Hey guys! We're all set for tomorrow's screening, are you? :D

Date: October 5, 2012
Time: 9-11pm
What we're going to watch: First 2 episodes of the BBC TV mini-series

Here's the link to livestream (and it's got a nifty timer and all that!): https://new.livestream.com/accounts/1...

Notes:
-We'll be using livestream for this, so please make sure you're signed up to view the stream :) (It only takes a while, promise!)
-You may join us as well, even if you're to play the video on your PC and not watch the actual livestream :)
-Please try to be online by at least 830pm, so you could get comfortable with the interface, and even get to chat pre-screening with everyone onboard :)
-We'll post a link to the chatboard here (we won't be chatting on the comment section of livestream!), so just wait for it to be posted sometime between 8-830pm!

We'll post the chat link (as well as some ground rules!) by tomorrow. Hope to see you all then! :D

message 21: by DC (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments [ACTIVITY: GROUP SCREENING OF PRIDE AND PREJUDICE]

Hi guys! We'll be launching the livestream in about an hour. Please check out this link for the live stream: https://new.livestream.com/accounts/1...

(Remember that you have to sign up at livestream to view it! Signing up will be quick :D)

Just to clarify: We will be using xat.com for our chatroom. Check out the link to the room here: http://xat.com/xat183614658

Please do change your name before chatting away! :) [Click for Step 1 on how to change your name] [Click for Step 2 on how to change your name]

Simple rules for the chatroom: Please try to keep on topic, and don't deviate too much. Keep it clean, and let us know at once if you're having problems with the livestream/chatroom, etc.

Thanks, and have fun!

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments Day 1 of screening accomplished!

That was so fun!

Thank you DC for 'moderating' :P and Angus, er I mean Keira for hosting the livestream!

See you next week. :)

Ranee | 1902 comments sorry wasn't home to connect with the live stream. Sayang.

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments And thanks for trolling! Next week, let's resume with episodes 3 and 4 (which reminds me, I have to catch up). :D

Louize (thepagewalker) | 1830 comments Sorry did not made it to the live streaming. Just got home.

message 26: by DC (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments It's all right, Ranee & Louize :) We'll start on episodes 3&4 same time next week, so hopefully we'll see you there by then? :D

Special thank you to new faces - tuckle and Dante - for coming along to join us! :D

A shout out to Alona, JL, Cary, Mae & Bennard for being there as well! Besides Tina, Aaron, Blue & Angus, of course :D (I hope I didn't miss anyone!)

Aaron Vincent wrote: "Day 1 of screening accomplished!

That was so fun!

Thank you DC for 'moderating' :P and Angus, er I mean Keira for hosting the livestream!

See you next week. :)"

>>> I said I'll try to behave! :D (BTW - Happy birthday!)

Angus wrote: "And thanks for trolling! Next week, let's resume with episodes 3 and 4 (which reminds me, I have to catch up). :D"
>>> Thanks, Angus :) See you next week!

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments DC wrote: "I said I'll try to behave!"

Lies.

message 28: by DC (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments Blue wrote: "DC wrote: "I said I'll try to behave!"

Lies."

>>> I said try, love :3 But at least I didn't shout out at some point that I'm in love Mary ;) [I've got the screenie to prove that someone did! :o ]

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments DC wrote: "I've got the screenie to prove that someone did"

WAHAHA ME TOO :3 but I'm going to be nice about it. For now. O:)

Dante (danteocualesjr) | 294 comments Thank you din, DC. Sorry, I was very late. But it was fun to meet you guys online. :)

message 31: by JL (new) - rated it 4 stars

JL Torres (jltorres) | 137 comments DC wrote:
>>> I said try, love :3 But at least I didn't shout out at some point that I'm in love Mary ;) [I've got the screenie to prove that someo..."

Haha yeah, someone did say that he loves Mary then backtracked after hearing her sing! Tsk tsk, giving love a bad name :)

T'was fun! There was even countdown to Aaron's birthday and Blue's hyperness outlasted everyone :)

Great idea DC and yeba for a successful first screening!

message 32: by Cary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments I remember super excited pa naman ako nung nag online ako, only to find out two hours late pala ako hahaha!

argienchar | 11 comments Thank you too DC! See you all again this Friday! :)

twstrfries | 231 comments Sana may maabutan pa ko mamaya. Gang 9pm pa ako sa office eh. :(

message 35: by Tina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Hi everyone! Screening tonight is a go! Same live stream link and chat room as indicated in this post. :)

message 36: by DC (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments Another fun online screening last night! Hurrah! (And oh the relationships that form in a chatroom.)

Next Friday will be the last night for the screening, so I hope to see you all there again same time next week :)

argienchar | 11 comments huhuhu. nde ako nakaabot sa screening last Friday. late na kasi ako nakauwe. T_T

message 38: by DC (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments [ONLINE SCREENING]

Hello everyone!

It's the final day for the online group screening! We'll be playing Episodes 5 & 6 in a few minutes.

Check out the stream here: https://new.livestream.com/accounts/1...

And check out the chatroom here: http://xat.com/xat183614658

Thank you!

message 39: by DC (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments Hurrah to everyone for joining the online screening! Glad to know it was successful. Thank you all for participating, and I hope to see you again in future live-streamings :D

(Special thanks to our literal host: Angus/Keira! :D)

message 40: by Tina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments I love that this happened. :D I can see future live streams for movie versions of books in the next F2Fs! (And the chat was really, really fun. :D)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments You're welcome! Yun nga lang I can't join the chats because naglalag ang livestream, haha. Oh well. Basta masaya kayo, masaya na rin ako. Chuz!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.