Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Pride and Prejudice author link mixup

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 20077 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/combine...
Wondering why multiple (all?) Pride and Prejudice editions appear on this combine editions page. If you search Hugh Thomson they also appear, along with a bunch of other classics. A few of them are illustrated by Hugh^^Thomson, but they don't show up on his combine editions page. Of course, they also show up on Jane Austen's pages.

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments There's probably one edition with the authors in the wrong order. It used to just show the one edition on the misplaced author's combine page, but nowadays it pulls all of the other editions in with it.

message 3: by Abcdarian (last edited Sep 24, 2012 09:12PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 20077 comments eep. Thanks for the info. I don't suppose there's an easy way to find the wrong one? Hunting through 1000+ editions is not appealing. :-)
Oh dear, I see they are also listed under Helen Jerome who wrote a play called Pride and Prejudice: A Sentimental Comedy in Three Acts. This just gets stranger. Time to give up & go to bed!

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 2443 comments Abcdarian wrote: "eep. Thanks for the info. I don't suppose there's an easy way to find the wrong one? Hunting through 1000+ editions is not appealing. :-)"

Quickest way I know of is to click "other editions" and do an expand details. Then just use the find feature on each page (ctrl + F on PC), still time consuming but not too bad.

message 5: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 20077 comments Thank you; turned out to be another case like Helen Jerome mentioned above. A book called The Illustrated Pride and Prejudice Companion, consisting solely of Hugh Thomson's illustrations, drags all the P&P editions to his page, even though Austen's name is nowhere to be found on it, which strikes me as peculiar, but there it is. At least it's linked to the illustrator rather than the travel writer now. I can rest easier.