Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Discussion > Looking for a good book!!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tory (new)

Tory | 33 comments Hello my name is Tory. I have a love for reading but find myself with a limited time I can spend on read due to school, sports..ect. I don't want to spend my time reading a book I truly don't like when I could be spending it reading a book I do like. There are so many books to choose from I don't even know where to start anymore and I would really like some recommendations for some books you think I might like.

-I do like young adult books but I am finding that it is getting harder for me to find ones I like. I am now 18 years old and really do not want to read about characters that are 13 or 14. I'd like to read something with a character around my age but I am okay with a character that is maybe 16 if they are mature.
- I'm not a big fan of books with a lot of over the top romance, a little romance is nice but too much makes me want through-up :/
- I love books with a scene of humor and the more sarcastic the better
I hate characters that are whinny or weak
Some Kick a$$ action is always welcome and I don't shy away from blood and gore

please help me find some book!! <3

message 2: by Meghan (last edited Sep 24, 2012 10:11PM) (new)

Meghan Doidge | 84 comments Have you tried the newsflesh series? Feed

I LOVED Blood Red Road!

What about Kelley Armstrong's YA series starting with The Summoning?

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane Doe | 315 comments I just read this and loved it.
Storm of Arranon
Storm of Arranon

Vampire Shift (Kiera Hudson, #1)
Vampire Shift

Bug Island
Bug Island

Afterlight (Dark Ink Chronicles #1)
Afterlight

Firelight (Firelight #1)
Firelight

message 4: by Tory (new)

Tory | 33 comments Meghan wrote: "Have you tried the newsflesh series? Feed

I LOVED Blood Red Road!

What about Kelley Armstrong's YA series starting with The Summoning?"

Thank you Meghan :3 I've read The Summoning series and have ever read the first book of the spin-off series

My Friend read the Blood Red Road but I wasn't sure if it was any good (because my friend likes anything she reads) Its nice to know that it is good, I'll have to see if I can borrow it from her.

message 5: by Tory (new)

Tory | 33 comments Jane wrote: "I just read this and loved it.
Storm of Arranon
Storm of Arranon

Vampire Shift (Kiera Hudson, #1)
Vampire Shift

Bug Island
Bug Island

Afterlight (Dark Ink Chronicles #1)
Afterlight

Firelight ..."

I've wondered about reading Afterlight and Firelight but did know if I'd like them :) good to know they arn't just pretty covers

I've never heard of Vampire shift or Bug Island, I'll have to look into them

message 6: by Snow White (new)

Snow White | 12 comments If you want funny paranormal YA, you can try Paranormalcy series by: Kiersten White
I love the characters in this series.

message 7: by Emily (last edited Oct 06, 2012 06:53AM) (new)

Emily Shore (emilyshore) | 4 comments I, myself have trouble reading books where the characters are very young. If you enjoy paranormal at all, my out of the norm zombie one was just published, and it has a good amount of action, the main character has been viewed by others as strong and spirited, and the romance in Flesher is definitely not 'angsty' nor is it over the top and fake. There are definitely some very funny moments in it too. Please check it out if you're interested. It's available in every format available from Kindle to Nook to Ibooks.

You can also view the trailer here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jZ7OG...

Flesher (Flesher Series #1) by Emily Shore
What Ashleigh Starr hides in her basement is a curse worthy of eternal condemnation ‒ her own fiancé, Garrett, a man who nightly becomes a flesher. Some call them zombies. Her people call them fleshers, unclean, cursed beings that must be killed or cast out. Will Ash find a cure for the man she loves before it is too late?
A love story by nature, Flesher awakens deep themes and dark enigmas which will stir the very roots of your soul and leave you stalking the pages at night