YA Book Club discussion

BOTM > Books We Should Read Together

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Just say some books you want all of us to read as a group, and I'll take it into consideration. :)

message 2: by Agent Dream (new)

Agent Dream | 1 comments Hex Hall By Rachel Hawkins

Intertwined By Gena Showalter

Paranormalcy Kiersten White

uhhhh....

Well my to-read list obviously has everything I want to read...

oh what about, Obsidian

or, Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow

Glass Houses by Caine Rachel

The Forsaken By Lisa M. Stasse

The Selection By Kiera Cass

Thats All I'm Thinking Of Right Now...

Oh Last Two...

Hush Hush By Becca Fitzpatrick

or

The Body Finder By Kimberly Derting!!!

message 3: by Antonia (new)

Antonia (antonias) We should totally discuss The Selection by Kiera Kass!

message 4: by B (new)

B Mark of athena! I'm gonna start that book in a couple of days! Or the red pyramid by Rick riordan. (I'm in a Rick riordan and percy phase)

message 5: by Antonia (new)

Antonia (antonias) I just finished MOA! It is AMAZINGG

message 6: by maya (new)

maya (cityofdivergent) | 16 comments Uglies!

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 58 comments Just started that book a few days ago, so far so good

message 8: by Carmen ❾¾ (new)

Carmen ❾¾ (happyendinglover) Ooh i love obsidian!!

message 9: by Cassie (new)

Cassie OMG guys I'm so, so sorry I haven't been on. We will be reading together all soon! Please post on anything to show you are still here, can't believe we reached 187 members! Incredible!!!!

-cassie (:

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

The Selection :)

message 11: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Samantha wrote: "The Selection :)"

Ooh yes!! (:

message 12: by Ethan (new)

Ethan | 66 comments I haven't read The Selection yet but it sou des quite interesting!

message 13: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Ethan wrote: "I haven't read The Selection yet but it sou des quite interesting!"

It does, doesn't it! We will have to take consideration into that!!

message 14: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 58 comments I think I've herd of it, but what's the selection about?

message 15: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Ashley wrote: "I think I've herd of it, but what's the selection about?"

Here's a link to it. http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10...

(:

message 16: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Alvarez (ashh_ashhley) I already read the selection.How about the elite the second of the selection!

message 17: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Ashley wrote: "I already read the selection.How about the elite the second of the selection!"

Ooh, well maybe after we're done, or a major of our group has read the book, we can move into that territory! (:

message 18: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Alvarez (ashh_ashhley) Okay, cant wait for all of you to read it. Its an Amazing book.:)

message 19: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) The Selection is on my to read list! So are a lot...I can make suggestions in a bit :) I have too many I want to read and that I have already read that others may enjoy!

message 20: by Ethan (new)

Ethan | 66 comments How about Maggie Stievater's works, like The Scorpio Races or The Raven Boys (Sorry if I misspelled her last name!)? I've heard great things about them both.

message 21: by Ethan (new)

Ethan | 66 comments Or maybe Incarceron by Catherine Fisher?

message 22: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) I hear the Raven Boys is good...but I havent been able to get past chapter 5 since March! :-C

message 23: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1) by Barry Lyga is my suggestion sometime :) there are too many I have on my lists haha

Incarceron sounds good too...

message 24: by Ethan (new)

Ethan | 66 comments Was it the writing style, or just a dry beginning?

message 25: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) Dry beginning...if I cant get sucked in by chapter 5 or 6, I tend to put it aside until I am ready to finish it :( Bad habit since I was younger...its just taking a while to get through some of the background info

message 26: by Ethan (new)

Ethan | 66 comments Yeah and the thing with Incarceron is that it is only a duology which includes Incarceron and Saphique. I think that's the name, although don't take my word for it.

message 27: by Ethan (new)

Ethan | 66 comments Yeah I Hunt Killers sounds interesting and the sequel Game is released so we don't have to wait for the next book if we enjoyed the first!

message 28: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Ethan wrote: "Yeah I Hunt Killers sounds interesting and the sequel Game is released so we don't have to wait for the next book if we enjoyed the first!"

Good idea!! I Hunt Killers is also on my list, another contender!!! (:

message 29: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) I have had it since February but just havent read it yet...I have been waiting for some others to read it together :) lol. I hear great things about it...and it is good we wouldn't have to wait long to read the next one.

I am currently at a stand still with one of my series :( ANd I have to wait until October for the next!! *Grumbles*

message 30: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Bridgett wrote: "I have had it since February but just havent read it yet...I have been waiting for some others to read it together :) lol. I hear great things about it...and it is good we wouldn't have to wait lon..."

Ugh, that sucks. Maybe we should do I Hunt Killers. Bridgett message me and we should make a poll by the end of the week with like 5 books.

message 31: by Emily (new)

Emily Wasenda What about Beautiful Creatures or matched

message 32: by K (new)

K Something classic because it would m

message 33: by K (new)

K Classic literature because it reading as a group would make the book enjoyable

message 34: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Emily wrote: "What about Beautiful Creatures or matched"

Beautiful Creatures is a great idea! I think that a lot of people have read that, but maybe go to Buddy Reads topic and you'll find somebody to do a buddy read with! (:

message 35: by Sammo12 (new)

Sammo12 | 1 comments Beautiful disaster looks really good and I've read mystic city it is an amazing read, modern day/future telling of the classic Romeo and Juliet star crossed loves tale

message 36: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) I haven't read beautiful disasters yet either. I'm up for it if anyone wants to read it together

message 37: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Alvarez (ashh_ashhley) I wouldnt mind reading beautiful disaster again loved the book so much especially travis <3.

message 38: by Weasleykins (new)

Weasleykins I can't read this Junes or Augusts book, but starting September I'll be able to. I will list off books we could read as a group.

Eragon, Eldest and Brisngr by: Christopher Paolini

Switched by: Amanda Hocking

The Year My Sister Got Lucky by: Aimee Friedman

This Lullaby by: Sarah Dessen

The Carrie Diaries by: Candace Bushnell

Keep Holding on by: Susan Colasanti

The Fault In Our Stars by: John Green or anything by John Green

Divergent by: Veronica Roth

I hope I gave enough to choose from. Some of these I have read, most I haven't. Some I wouldn't mind read again.

message 39: by Andres (new)

Andres Duque I think the red piramyd is a great book to read

message 40: by Petra (new)

Petra (petrapoolnoodle) The Pellinor series by Alison Croggon

message 41: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 24 comments The Night Circus :)

message 42: by Bee (new)

Bee | 2 comments *raises hand eagerly*
I've read it already, but totally up for a second, third, forth and even a fifth round of ....Drum roll puhleeeeeassssseeee?

*trumpets sound*
Nevermore! By Kelly Creagh!
This book definitely needs more attention! ;)

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) Beautiful Creatures

message 44: by Edwin (new)

Edwin (ustombraider) | 2 comments The darkest minds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!
!

!

message 45: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 58 comments omg that is a great book, i just bought the second one!

message 46: by Edwin (new)

Edwin (ustombraider) | 2 comments At least someone ho has heard of this book. So proud so I've never read never fade have you read it

message 47: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 58 comments not yet, but i will be

message 48: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (snort1397) | 3 comments We should all read shatter me to prepare for ignite me to come out!

message 49: by The Book Fanatic (new)

The Book Fanatic (FatimaBookFanatic) | 5 comments Sabrina wrote: "We should all read shatter me to prepare for ignite me to come out!"

Yeah..that's a good one.

message 50: by Dima (new)

Dima Ibrahim | 2 comments we should read vampire academy before the movie comes out

« previous 1