She-Geeks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Vote for Your October Reads Now!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kay Lotus, Red Queen (new)

Kay Lotus (ayokayo) | 249 comments Mod
The thread for October recommendations is now closed, and I've tallied up your votes for nominations. --->Start voting for your October reads now!<---
The polls end on October 1st.

As I mentioned in this month's newsletter, there will only be three nominations in each category: comic, manga, novel. The horror theme for this month was completely optional so I counted all of your recommendations even if it isn't a scary read. She-Geeks is a fairly new book club, and this is the first time we've had enough recs that weren't just mines (lol) so I'm in the midst of figuring out how we should pick our nominations for the polls. For now, I basically counted your comment as a vote if you said something like "I loved that book" or "that sounds interesting." In the case where two or more books are equally praised, I will simply pick the suggestion that was posted first (by date, and if necessary, time). I'll repeat this info and have the new voting guidelines organized and clearly written out for you guys when we do our November recommendations in a week. Moving on, here is a list view of all of your suggestions plus the votes. An asterisk represents a vote.

Manga:
Alice in the Country of Hearts *
A Bride's Story *
Tale of a White Night
Midnight Secretary **
Battle Royale **
Is This a Zombie?
Hellsing
Highschool of the Dead
Clover Omnibus
Black Butler
Tomie

Comics:
Ghostopolis
The Stuff of Legend: The Dark *
American Vampire **
The New Deadwardians
ElfQuest
The Dark Tower *

Books:
Elantris *
Hold Me Closer, Necromancer
The Woman in Black *
Geek Love
Sybil
The Hellbound Heart
House of Leaves *
It **
Cloud Atlas
The Descent

--->Start voting for your October reads now!<---

message 2: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh (ashleigh_k) Am I the only one disappointed that the leading votes for Books and Manga (so far) aren't for the scary titles? I was looking forward to some good horror reads for October; not romance. =\

message 3: by Atm (new)

Atm (aryes) | 21 comments This is sooo cool

message 4: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Martin | 2 comments High school of the Dead for manga? I haven't cracked that one, yet:)

message 5: by Sebby (new)

Sebby | 6 comments So do people usually look up each title individually or do we usually vote based on title?

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.