Coursera Friends discussion

General > Books for bookshelf

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jute (new)

Jute | 139 comments Mod
I'm going to be adding the books for the Greek and Roman Mythology class and the History book...please list any books you are using in the other classes.

message 2: by Xiri (new)

Xiri | 187 comments Mod
Thank you.

message 3: by Seawood (new)

Seawood If anyone's doing "Think Again" in November the ebook link on the course page is broken - looks like you can get it here, though: http://www.2shared.com/document/OCmFg...

message 4: by Xiri (new)

Xiri | 187 comments Mod
Caroline wrote: "If anyone's doing "Think Again" in November the ebook link on the course page is broken - looks like you can get it here, though: http://www.2shared.com/document/OCmFg......"

Nice, but I'm willing to bet that it's unlikely the course instructor would appreciate this share :)

message 5: by Xiri (new)

Xiri | 187 comments Mod
Would someone like the Walt Whitman's "Song of Myself" to be added for the Poetry course? Only parts were assigned for the class, but I went through it whole. Well, at least the online version...

message 6: by Seawood (new)

Seawood Oh no, is that really a dodgy link? No wonder I couldn't get it to work! Crud. I just googled the title with "pdf", I figured it'd just changed urls or something. I wasn't sure so virus-scanned my machine twice just in case. Feel free to delete if it's not legit!

Anyway, I emailed Coursera support to tell them it was broken and that I couldn't work out if that was a dodgy download or not. With any luck they'll fix it asap.

message 7: by Xiri (new)

Xiri | 187 comments Mod
I don't know - I'm just saying that many such file sharing websites are used for well... sharing scanned and likewise pirated books and etc. Feel free to guess how I know, ahem.

The link seems to work, BTW - at least my click resulted in a download, but I'm too busy with History lectures :-s