Writing Help-Group For Everyone discussion

ALL ABOUT BOOKS. > What's your favorite book genre to read???

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 58 comments OK-what do you like to read the most and why???

For me, I love reading fiction because everything is not real or taking serious-you can say I like to live in a dream world of endless possibles with no real consequences just lessons to learn.:D

message 2: by Julius, He Who Arises in Might (:D) (new)

Julius (bookseeker007) | 1781 comments Mod
Fantasy is by far my favorite genre. Why? Because I love stories that cause the mind to wander and wonder. Tales that lead me through forests of the unknown or over mountains strange and new; yarns that take me over enchanting waters or plains traveled not. That's why I like it so. It provokes the imagination. Good fantasy any way.

message 3: by Phoebe, TheInvincibleRabbit (new)

Phoebe (theneveronlinechick) | 3313 comments Mod
I like to read action genres with sword fighting and fictional wars and the works. But if it has anything to do with romance or such, I may skip past those bits of the book. Anyway. Sword fights can sharpen more than the imagination.

Generally I like all fiction! ^_^ No specific "Genre(s)" to mention.

message 4: by Jonathan, The Wise (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 457 comments Mod
Fantasy and science fiction are my favourites. But I will read anything.

message 5: by Phoebe, TheInvincibleRabbit (new)

That's a good thing too, mate. Two grip holds in both worlds. :)

message 6: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Fables | 1 comments Its the Urban Fantasy and Crime genre's for me all the way. When they are written well they make for a gripping read.

Although strangly enough, for me personally, when I read a crossover of the Urban Fantasy & Crime genre's; the crime seems to slow down the pace of the Urban Fantasy story (and vice versa).

message 7: by Phoebe, TheInvincibleRabbit (new)

Well, slower pace can sometimes mean not missing important thing in the book. Sometimes.

message 8: by Julius, He Who Arises in Might (:D) (new)

Sometimes.

message 9: by Phoebe, TheInvincibleRabbit (new)

Mmhmmm....

message 10: by Phoebe, TheInvincibleRabbit (new)

Anyone else want to express what they think?

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 58 comments Sooo no one likes non-fiction huh:)

message 12: by Phoebe, TheInvincibleRabbit (new)

Non-fiction is cool, I guess. Just so much as it doesn't actually involve following instructions about things. xD
Do you like it?

message 13: by Julius, He Who Arises in Might (:D) (last edited Oct 02, 2012 05:51PM) (new)

I like non-fiction. History is probably my most liked in that area.

message 14: by Phoebe, TheInvincibleRabbit (new)

I honestly can't stand reading something that Akins to a lecture but in book form. But if the books are about seiges, medieval stuff? Definitely worth reading bits and pieces. :)

message 15: by Jonathan, The Wise (new)

I like non-fiction. Theory and history in particular, some autobiographies/biographies I'll read depending on the person.

message 16: by Phoebe, TheInvincibleRabbit (new)

The only time I like learning about history is while watching Horrible Histories. Or reading the books that go with it.

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 58 comments Jonathan wrote: "I like non-fiction. Theory and history in particular, some autobiographies/biographies I'll read depending on the person."

Just curious, but what kind of theory or theories do you like to read?

message 18: by Jonathan, The Wise (new)

Iesha wrote: "Jonathan wrote: "I like non-fiction. Theory and history in particular, some autobiographies/biographies I'll read depending on the person."

Just curious, but what kind of theory or theories do you..."

Literary theories most of the time. I really enjoyed How Fiction Works which was interesting if not as deep as other books like Genre. I will read Psychological theories if they're interesting to me, philosophical theories usually interest me, 'religious' theories are interesting depending and I'm very into educational theories despite their lack of practicality at times.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Mysteries, Suspense, Thriller.

The only horror book I've read is "The Monkey's Paw".

message 20: by Julius, He Who Arises in Might (:D) (new)

Can you post a link to that book please, Shine?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Julius wrote: "Can you post a link to that book please, Shine?"

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...