Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive Discussion > New Updates, members vote and leave your feedback!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Sep 24, 2012 12:50PM) (new)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments All right for a while now I've been gathering feedback on what you the members want for how our group reads are run, voted on, and such. So now it's time to get a better system in!

I've taken some of the best ideas and decided to see what you guys think. Some of the ideas were brilliant but unrealistic. So I'm sorry if yours didn't make it, but it definitely was a huge help!

Adult and YA polls separate:
This idea is really nice. It seems like in PNA&N-PNR&UF that adult novels always win. Or we get over load of YA titles one month and none the next. Plus, I know many readers don't like adult and others lean towards YA more. So I want to know what you guys think. Should we have adult and YA nominations separate?

That means there would be a YA and Adult debut/first in series title, whatever, and series books.

Vote here: Adult and YA separate?

Group Series read:
The group series has been going on for a while now and it's been having mixed feedback. Some love nominating a series and reading one book a month until we're finished, or caught up. However, many don't like that one series is locked in. Especially if they've tried the first few books and don't like it. So I want our members final word.

Should we have a group Series?

Vote here: Group Series

Second Chances:
Now I really like this idea. Every month there are a ton of great books that don't quite make it by a few points, and then they never seem to come up again. Well this idea is that every so often we vote on the books that didn't make it and then read them. About every 3 or maybe 6 months.

Personally I like this idea a lot! Because we're always going to make time for the hot releases, so it's nice to go back and read the ones that got looked over.

Vote here: Second Chances

GR nominations and polls timeline!
This has been the toughest thing to figure out. Many readers want more time to know what our GR are going to be so they can find the books. However, if we vote too soon many readers nominate books that won't be released yet or simply forget to vote at all. So I want your guy's final say.

Right now I've taken to setting up the nomination process the second week of the month before. It takes about two weeks for nominations and polls total. (So to vote for November's books we start the second week of October. Taking two weeks to complete.)

I want to know when you guys want to start nominating and then voting on your reads.

Vote here: GR Nominations time schedule

****Now is the time to let me know what you like or dislike about the current Group Reads format and any of the new ideas. You can leave feedback here or on the polls. Either way every comment will be read! Thanks everyone! ****

Nomination Categories:
- 1 debut or first in a series
-2 whatever novels (whether they’re the fifth book in the series or whatever!)
-Group series: Vote in a seires and read one book a month until we've finished (or caught up)

message 2: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere I love debut and 2 whatever novels. Please keep it

message 3: by S.L. (new)

S.L. (sabby34) voting :)

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) I like the nomination categories. Possibly gear the one-book-a-month series thing where it's easier to jump in at any point of series.

message 5: by Nicole Angel (new)

Nicole Angel (angel4autism) | 9 comments Personally I do not like jumping in at any point in a series especially a long series. I personally like one and two!

message 6: by Mina (new)

Mina Khan (spicebites) | 139 comments I like the first two categories...Don't really have time for a group series read. :(

message 7: by Dale (new)

Dale Ibitz (goodreadscomdale_ibitz) | 43 comments I think the group's been working well, personally!

message 8: by Nae (new)

Nae (nae28) | 31 comments Good categories!

message 9: by ★ gwiz ★ (last edited Sep 25, 2012 12:01AM) (new)

★ gwiz ★ (ggwiz) | 55 comments I like the 4 nomination categories as it give you a choice what you are able to read a month and being able to use them in the challenges including the series as I'm a series reader. I started behind with the current series. But all I did was read up to where the group was at that point of time one after another and now read the series 1 book a month.

However, I would also like to see the adult and YA separate too. Maybe 1 YA and 1 adult debut or first in series and then the whatever be for either YA or adult and only have 1 of those instead of 2 books a month.

message 10: by Hasien (new)

Hasien | 568 comments I like the categories.

message 11: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Fredricks (goodreadscomsheri_fredricks) | 2 comments Shera,
Thank you for all the work you put into keeping this reading group running so smoothly.

We appreciate you!!

Sheri

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Awwww, thanks Sheri!

message 13: by KimE (new)

KimE (kimwhaley) | 5 comments Categories are good. As mentioned in one of the poll comments, having a YA and Adult sub-category would be good as well.

message 14: by MacKenzie (new)

MacKenzie Knight | 4 comments Thank you.

message 15: by Think (new)

Think Sheri wrote: "Shera,
Thank you for all the work you put into keeping this reading group running so smoothly.

We appreciate you!!

Sheri"

I agree! I'm new to the group and Shera seems super on top of things. So, thanks Shera!

message 16: by Think (new)

Think Is this how the categories would work?
#1. Adult - Group Monthly Read (Debut or 1st in series)
#2. YA - Group Monthly Read (Debut or 1st in series)
#3. One YA or Adult SERIES book - After each book in the series, just take a poll to see if people want to continue the series or go to another one. That way there is an exit clause in case the majority is not enjoying the series.
#4-5. 1-2 Whatever books

Does that seem like the right direction?

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2569 comments Thanks, Think. (Say that five times fast!)

You've kind of got it. I won't say anything finalized until after all the feedback is looked over and Jen and I agree.

message 18: by Ginnie (new)

Ginnie (journey_thru_pages) I think all three should be kept, but maybe for the group series should be a choice if you want to continue reading the next installment from the group series challenge. I think that should just be left for that. So people that want to continue the series from group series challenge can.

message 19: by Susan (new)

Susan Krafcheck | 10 comments I like 1 and 2 with the series, it's hard to jump in the middle of it and feel compelled to start at the beginning, putting me even further behind.