The Readers discussion

Our First Birthday...

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simon (new)

Simon (savidgereads) | 449 comments Mod
So two weeks tomorrow The Readers is one year old.

Gavin and I would like to do something special, as he will be back, but we are not sure what. Do any of you have any ideas?

We did think about getting lots of you to call in, but you might not fancy that? What else could we do? We feel it should be a special show.

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris | 59 comments My goodness, I can't believe it's been a year! But I do remember catching up on the podcasts on dark and stormy nights driving home from work, so it sounds about right!

Please, some bloopers?

message 3: by Simon (new)

I will see if Gav still has any saved.

message 4: by Simon (new)

Are there any questions any of you would like to ask Gavin and I?

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris | 59 comments Simon wrote: "Are there any questions any of you would like to ask Gavin and I?"

Hmm...I presume you're asking all, not just me, but I can't think of any at the moment. I loved the "getting to know you episode, you answered a lot of my questions there! I'll keep thinking, though! :-)

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) How about a bookish confessional where you finally admit to some of the literary shames/sins you might not of mentioned before .

message 7: by Simon (new)

I think I do that every week Michael hahaha.

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael (knowledgelost) That's normally just Dickens and ereaders :P

message 9: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮ i like the idea of a calls in from followers and also hearing more of the bloopers. outtakes with authors would also be fun.

i think a reflection on the past year and what the podcast has become since its inception.

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (yourtrueshelf) | 21 comments What about your Desert Island Books? Same rules apply as the radio show?

message 11: by Monique (new)

Monique (thebeautygirl) i'd love to hear you talk about what you've learned & what, if any, are your reading goals going into the next year {personal & podcast}. maybe you could also discuss your fave "sophomore" reads {second books, not necessarily in a series}.

i always enjoy the topics you discuss, so whatever you come up with will be fabulous, i'm sure. congrats on your first year!

message 12: by Carol (new)

Carol (ckubala) | 70 comments Cake!

like the idea of bloopers.

What you've learned about podcasting, what your goals are for the next year, what were the highlights of the year?

I love listening to you both.

message 13: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirstybooks) | 6 comments I like the idea of the Desert Island Disks :)

message 14: by Simon (new)

The Desert Island Books would be great fun. If we can pull it off. I am going to set up a separate topic. Deadline Saturday.