Review Group discussion

General discussion > Swoooosh, BANG!!! Aaah!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jay (new)

Jay Howard (jay_howard) That's the sound of the first firework going off for a party.

I can hardly believe it - in just a fortnight (for our non-British members that's 2 weeks lol!) we have 51 members!!!

So - anyone else want to party? I'll bring the beer and some almond slices.

message 2: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1703 comments Mod
I just had some cake with blue frosting. I'm a little concerned that the thread title sounds like a crashing quidditch player.

message 3: by Jay (new)

Jay Howard (jay_howard) Haha! Let's have a competition - how to best describe a rocket. Go on, Kathy, your turn ;)

Here's my Catherine Wheel:
schhppt whizz....whizz...whizz..whizz.whizzy whizzY whizZY whiZZY whIZZY wHIZZY WHIZZY WHIZZY WHIZZY WHIZZY WHIZZy WHIZzy WHIzzy WHizzy Whizzy whizzy ppphhht

message 4: by Mike (new)

Mike Duron (mike_duron) Beer!? I thought you people living next to Ire-land only drank 'ale' :))

message 5: by Jay (new)

Jay Howard (jay_howard) Ire-land? Do you think the people there are angry, Mike?

The best beer is real ale. What the folks over the pond call beer only just about classifies as lager. Although I must admit to having discovered some rather fine micro-breweries in BC and Alberta.

message 6: by Mike (new)

Mike Duron (mike_duron) Jay wrote: "Ire-land? Do you think the people there are angry, Mike?

The best beer is real ale. What the folks over the pond call beer only just about classifies as lager. Although I must admit to having disc..."

I'll ship you a six-pack of Busch one of these days. lol

message 7: by K.A. (new)

I'm a Moose Drool fan myself:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/...

message 8: by Mike (new)

Mike Duron (mike_duron) K.A. wrote: "I'm a Moose Drool fan myself:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/..."

sounds delicious.... :-| :)

message 9: by Mona (last edited Sep 25, 2012 07:44AM) (new)

Mona Karel (monakarel) | 78 comments Moriarty NM produces green chile beer. Nope the beer isn't green, you just get a taste of the heat from the chile. A nice summer drink, not real heavy. This brewery also makes the Alien Amber Ale.
And I just made some almond flour/cheese "nibbles" if you want munchies

message 10: by K.A. (new)

Has this devolved into a beer thread? I'll add Fat Tire for a more daily drink:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/...

And keep the munchies coming! The blue-frosted cake is getting a little old now...

The green chile beer sounds interesting...

message 11: by Jay (new)

Jay Howard (jay_howard) Almonds and cheese - bet those nibbles are gorgeous, Mona. I'll try a couple, please :)

anyone for chocolate cornflakes? Lovely and sticky and crunchy...

message 12: by Mona (new)

Mona Karel (monakarel) | 78 comments they're fabulous, low carb and very satisfying

message 13: by Mike (new)

Mike Duron (mike_duron) I wish we had a 'like' button in these forums...

message 14: by Larry (new)

Larry Garner (larryanimalgarner) | 25 comments My take on rockets at a party.....skritch...fizzzz....swoooooshhhh.."Watchit!"..."Mommeeeeeee!"...."Dammit, Uncle Bobby, quit shooting rockets at the kids!"

message 15: by Samuel (last edited Oct 24, 2012 03:39PM) (new)

Samuel (samuelrchoy) | 52 comments I opened this thread expecting a discussion about whether onomatopoeia (yes I had to use the spell checker to spell "onomatopoeia" correctly) should be used. Instead, I find a discussion on party rockets, ale vs beer, and the hyphenation "Ireland."
Anyway, I seldom drink, so I don't think I can add much to the beer discussion.
Zip! Zoom! Glug! Glug!

message 16: by K.A. (new)

No beer for me tonight. Sitting in a motel room in Carbondale, Colorado, with two dogs, one an experienced moteler and one brand-new at it. There is a Mastiff in the next room over and it is snowing outside. I think we're in for an interesting night.

message 17: by Samuel (new)

Samuel (samuelrchoy) | 52 comments K.A. wrote: "No beer for me tonight. Sitting in a motel room in Carbondale, Colorado, with two dogs, one an experienced moteler and one brand-new at it. There is a Mastiff in the next room over and it is snowin..."

Brrrrr...Having lived in Minnesota for 12 years, I've grown to despise snow. Anyway, in lieu of beer, I hope you have some nice hot cocoa or coffee. Stay safe.

message 18: by Jay (new)

Jay Howard (jay_howard) Get ready for more fireworks - we're nearly up to 100 members now.
Stay warm, everyone, and enjoy the fireworks wherever you are :)
Here in Bridgwater we do things in style, with the biggest carnival in the world for Guy Fawkes' Night. Hundreds of floats, all with hundreds of bulbs, it really is spectacular.
http://www.bridgwatercarnival.org.uk/
Have you ever been squibbing before?

message 19: by Jay (new)

Jay Howard (jay_howard) David has just joined the group and is

MEMBER 100!!!!

Anyone got any more fireworks handy? I'm away up the pub to get some beer. Come join me :)

message 20: by Anne (new)

Anne Carlisle (acarlisle) | 328 comments Jay wrote: "David has just joined the group and is

MEMBER 100!!!!

Anyone got any more fireworks handy? I'm away up the pub to get some beer. Come join me :)"

David, welcome to paradise...I mean hell...I mean, well, you're gonna have a lot of fun here!