English for Academic Success discussion

The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset (The Hunger Games, #1-3)
This topic is about The Hunger Games Trilogy Boxset
49 views
The Hunger Games trilogy > Describe how Panem is a dystopia. Discuss any book in this series that you have read.

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Poquette (darcylapp) | 34 comments Mod
Comment by Friday, 9/28 with 3+ sentences.


message 2: by Javi (new)

Javi González (goodreadscomjavigonzalez) | 5 comments You can tell Panem is a dystopia in the hunger games by seeing how poor is distric 12, how hard is and was katniss life, while in the capitol they enjoy seeing the tributes die. You also can tell it's a dystopia by the fact that tributes kill eachother to survive and to have food for their district...


message 3: by Xao Kong (new)

Xao Kong (xkyang21) | 9 comments Well Panem is a dystopia, because most of all the districts in Panem are struggling agaisnt hunger. In order to have more to eat for your family. You have to go in an arena and fight to the death. The only place in Panem that enjoys watching the Hunger Games is the Captiol. All the districts has to watch it, even though they hated it.


message 4: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Poquette (darcylapp) | 34 comments Mod
Javi wrote: "You can tell Panem is a dystopia in the hunger games by seeing how poor is distric 12, how hard is and was katniss life, while in the capitol they enjoy seeing the tributes die. You also can tell i..."

And the fact that no one can take a stand against these injustices shows how much control the government has and how interested President Snow and his people are in keeping most of the population oppressed and under control.


message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy Poquette (darcylapp) | 34 comments Mod
Xao wrote: "Well Panem is a dystopia, because most of all the districts in Panem are struggling agaisnt hunger. In order to have more to eat for your family. You have to go in an arena and fight to the death. ..."

Life is so horrible that some residents, including Katniss, don't want to have children. Do you think (given the ending of Mockingjay) things will be okay for Katniss throughout her entire life?


message 6: by Xao Kong (new)

Xao Kong (xkyang21) | 9 comments Darcy wrote: "Xao wrote: "Well Panem is a dystopia, because most of all the districts in Panem are struggling agaisnt hunger. In order to have more to eat for your family. You have to go in an arena and fight to..."

I think yes she'll be able to have kids and lived a happy life.


message 7: by Tito (new)

Tito Covarrubias | 3 comments You can tell Panem is a dystopia because they are control by the government and are forced to watch the hunger game whether they like it or not


back to top