Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)
This topic is about Kiss of Snow
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived: Series Reads > Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling #10), Start Date: October 25, 2012

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments

Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh

Goodreads Synopsis:

Since her defection from the PsyNet and into the SnowDancer wolf pack, Sienna Lauren has had one weakness: "Hawke." Alpha and dangerous, he lost the woman who would've been his mate long ago. Now he walks alone. But Sienna stirs his primal heart, even as he tells himself she is far too young to handle the wild fury of the wolf. Yet as they strip away each other's secrets, a deadly enemy is striking at everything the pack holds dear...but Sienna's darkest secret may savage the pack that is her home-and the alpha who is its heartbeat.

✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀

It's Hawke and Sienna!! Join us for book 10 in this amazing series. Ask some questions, post some questions, just lurk and see what we think of this. Be warned! Expect spoilers!

message 2: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Will this catch us up to the end of the series so far?

message 3: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Yes, only the newest one left after this.

message 4: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I guess I can read some of the in-between shorts. I actually had a few from the library and let them lapse w/o reading them...I was so busy.

Lauren (laurenjberman) Yay! This is the one I'm most looking forward to.

message 6: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Me too, Lauren. Unless she writes kaleb's book.

Sunny☼ (sunny2) Susan, I have read this and the newest one Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh . This one is by far the best of the two. Relax and enjoy every word. Tangle to me and many others who reviewed was just that a Tangle of too many plot lines and all psy related. I loved Kiss of Snow however...Ahhhhh

message 8: by ~Megan~ (last edited Sep 24, 2012 01:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

~Megan~ (megadee) Kiss of Snow is phenomenal! It has a pretty amazing secondary romance as well, which is just icing on the Sienna/Hawke cake!

Lina | 5563 comments I'm going to re-read this one with you all so I'll be ready for the last read of the series.

message 10: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments This book is amazing , It's EPIC woow I can't say enough I loved loved loved it! I'll do a re-read with you

message 11: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Y'all are killing me! I'm anxious to get to this one and I still have to read the one before it LOL

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments **hee hee** I don't know why I'm laughing - they're killing me, too!

Ren Puspita (renpuspita) Since I'd read this one, I'll lurking :)

And second what ShoSho said!

Lauren (laurenjberman) You're killing me three! I'm starting Play of Passion but want to read this one more.

~Megan~ (megadee) Don't worry, Play of Passion is pretty excellent in its own right!

Lauren (laurenjberman) I just couldn't help myself and HAD to read this. All I can say is OMG!!!

message 17: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Lauren!! Don't tell me that! I'm dying to read this :)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Sowwy!
It had to be said, lol!

message 19: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Can we move this forward? Please!

message 20: by Lina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lina | 5563 comments yes please!

message 21: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments That's fine with me. When do we want to start?

message 22: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Tomorrow? :D

message 23: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Ok maybe friday? After the next song is called?

message 24: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Friday is good for me!

message 25: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments good for me too

message 26: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Cool! Friday it is!

message 27: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments have you started reading?

message 28: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments No, I'm finishing books for other challenges before I start it. I'll probably start tomorrow night.

message 29: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Started this today. Finally I'll find out what are X-Psy and how is Ms. Singh going to work around Hawke's dead mate.

message 30: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Loved the midnight dance...

message 31: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Yaaay finally you've started reading.

message 32: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'm starting this right now!

message 33: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Do y'all think walker and Lara will get a book? Or did I see them together somewhere? Maybe in NS's website where she has short stories?

message 34: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "Do y'all think walker and Lara will get a book? Or did I see them together somewhere? Maybe in NS's website where she has short stories?"

I hope so!

message 35: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I'm feeling disappointed in the X ability. We've been led on to believe it's this super dangerous thing and when Sienna talks about it my reaction was: That's it?! Anybody else feel the same?

Quick quiestion: Do we know how old Hawke is?

message 36: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Yes! So far it's that she can go up in flames and then synergy? WTH is that?

As for Hawke's age, I'm guessing around 35ish. He's a few years older than Indy and wasn't she almost 30?

message 37: by Gisela, Moderator (last edited Oct 16, 2012 09:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I'm starting to get pissed. I've enjoyed the book so far but why, (why?!) did Ms. Singh have to go down the "I'm too dangerous/unstable and therefore will die" path again? We've seen with every single psy heroine in the series, then they're miraculously saved by the mating bonds or whatever.
Why doesn't anybody think: "hmm everything we know about psy is about the psy in silence. But not all psy went silent. How did they survive?"
If the psy are so smart why can't they find a way for them to deal with emotions in a way that won't put others at risk?

message 38: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "Yes! So far it's that she can go up in flames and then synergy? WTH is that?

As for Hawke's age, I'm guessing around 35ish. He's a few years older than Indy and wasn't she almost 30?"

He is 33 34 . He is 13 years older, is it too much in your opinion ? I think it's fine , they suit each other perfectly and the age difference is not important!

message 39: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Considering what Sienna's been through and how mature she is, I don't think it really is an issue.

message 40: by Lina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lina | 5563 comments Nope, don't think the age difference is too significant.

message 41: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Just finished. I think this one is one of the better books in the series.

message 42: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I haven't gotten my notifications :(

No, I don't think the age difference is too much. Sienna doesn't act like a typical 19 year old.

I'm about 70% done and I love that we're watching them fall in love. They're getting to know each other and it sweet. I just about died when they played strip poker and he told her liked making out with her. Very swoon worthy :)

message 43: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm reading all Hawk and sienna's parts. I'm at 42% now. It's so good :-)

message 44: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments I'm so glad Sienna just called him out the fact that he never really mated with Rissa and that she thinks he's scared. I agree with her. It makes me sad to think she's willing to play second to a ghost of a five year old girl just so she can be with him.

message 45: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Susan (susayq) wrote: "I'm so glad Sienna just called him out the fact that he never really mated with Rissa and that she thinks he's scared. I agree with her. It makes me sad to think she's willing to play second to a g..."

I think it's sad too but it speaks to the depth of her love for him. I also like that they're honest with each other and that Sienna is alpha enough in her own right to stand up to him.

Lauren (laurenjberman) The tension between Hawke and Sienna was so intense I didn't even notice the age difference. Also, she is very mature given everything she has gone through.

I thought her ability was pretty cool but that is in retrospect after finishing the book. It may not seem that incredible while the story is building but the climax is excellent. I particularly liked the resolution - what was it called - the filter, the plug. It escapes me at this precise moment :0)

message 47: by Gisela, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments The valve

message 48: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments Yeah. Her ability during battle was something not to be taken lightly. I love that it missed the pack.

message 49: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments It was really intense , the part that we didn't know if she has hurt anyone from the pack or not.

Lauren (laurenjberman) Thanks Gisela - I had a brain freeze.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.