Gena Showalter Fans discussion

Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Alice in Zombieland
White Rabbit Chronicles > Alice In Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles #1)

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ , Strider's sweetheart (last edited Nov 14, 2012 02:03AM) (new)

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) | 1125 comments Mod
description

She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….

I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish... Yeah, I wish.

message 2: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (lulululu) | 247 comments I've read some really excellent reviews of this. Normally, I'm not into YA but this could be interesting. Anybody read it yet?

Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru | 76 comments I plan to read this in the next few weeks. I've heard great things about it.

message 4: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (lulululu) | 247 comments Me too, it looks fun!

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) | 7 comments I read it and absolutely loved it! Did not disappoint. You can look at my blog if you guys want more info (i did a review on it) but I'm mad the next book doesnt come out till next september!

Kate (ficthoughts) | 3 comments I really enjoyed it too - more than I thought I would.

I was expecting some kind of retelling of the old story - just with some zombies in it. I'm glad that that's not what I got.

Anna (Bananas) How much do Wonderland and zombies have to do with the story? It sounds like the book is compelling enough even if it's not a real mash-up.

Kate (ficthoughts) | 3 comments Wonderland has nothing at all to do with the story. But there are a lot of zombies.

message 9: by mia (new) - rated it 5 stars

mia (miaowmiaow) | 2 comments This book was really awesome :D I loved even though the tie in with Alice and wonderland was very subtle :)It was different and I liked that it's a novel that you can read without having any prior knowledge about Alice in Wonderland (which is rare but does happen).

message 10: by Paula (last edited Oct 22, 2012 04:45PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Paula HGZ Am I the only crazy person looking for similarities and found that Cole was always wearing hats (hello Mad Hatter) and Frost had BLUE hair (hello Cheshire Cat, at least from the last version of Alice in Wonderland the one directed by Tim Burton)?? Well those are the ones I found, because the little sister was obviously the white rabbit... I though it had some similarities that were really subtle but really cool when you find them:)

Anna (Bananas) That gets me more interested, Paula.

Paula HGZ I really loved it, you should read it :)

message 13: by Anna (Bananas) (last edited Oct 22, 2012 05:17PM) (new) - added it

Anna (Bananas) I'm convinced by everyone :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I read the book and loved it too.

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) | 7 comments I'm happy I'm not the only one that saw the similarities. I can't wait for the next one!!!

Michelle (brokenchell) | 2 comments I read it too and I loved it, and I totally agree with Paula, I was just gonna post the same thoughts :-) only thing I didn't like was book two doesn't come out for a year lol

message 17: by Maya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Maya | 1 comments I love it and I'm not much into YA - too much teen drama - but this book was amazing and can't wait to read more. The male hero was yummy :)

Michelle (brokenchell) | 2 comments I have to second what Corey said I am also not a YA but I loved this book its one of my favorites of all time

Amanda I liked this book, I thought it was a fun read with a different take on Zombies. I loved the character Cole.

Emiri Tachibana (spiritflight) | 3 comments Even though this had nothing to do with wonderland, I think it has a lot going for it. I read a lot of books and some of them are frankly very bad. This had a whole new take on zombies that I found fascinating and absolutely loved.

Kinsey (goodreadscomsunset3446) | 7 comments Emiri wrote: "Even though this had nothing to do with wonderland, I think it has a lot going for it. I read a lot of books and some of them are frankly very bad. This had a whole new take on zombies that I found..."

Actually this book used more like similes and other comparisons. The rabbit cloud for example. And Cole and his hats for another.

message 22: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 89 comments Question for you all. I'm not a fan of zombies. At all. Do you think this is something I'd enjoy?

Kristina | 1 comments want to read but library doesnt have =(

Heather  book whore & shifter slut extrordinaire I admit to not reading Alice In Wonderland but adored Zombieland! And like most of you are sad Through the Zombie Glass is so far away!

I read & enjoyed the AH series - even the 2 YA - so I had high hopes for this book. It absolutely did not disappoint!

Megan Resnik (snugglewumps) I got the book expecting an Alice in wonderland theme. It wasn't that at all. The book is quite amazing in my opinion. I was hooked. It didn't take me long to read at all. I can't wait to continue the series!!

message 26: by Brenna (new) - added it

Brenna | 1 comments I loved this book!!! It was amazing!!!

FaeryMeganChase Brenna wrote: "I loved this book!!! It was amazing!!!"

I agree, it was awesome!

Ami-In-Zombieland | 3 comments Omg I love this books sooo much <3 I already read the first and the second part <3 I dream of Cole Holland ♥

Ami-In-Zombieland | 3 comments Anyone to talk with how fantastic Cole is?

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 63 comments Ami-In-Zombieland wrote: "Anyone to talk with how fantastic Cole is?"

Cole really is all kinds of fantastically hot! I hope you get to read the next book soon Ami.

Ami-In-Zombieland | 3 comments Shannon wrote: "Ami-In-Zombieland wrote: "Anyone to talk with how fantastic Cole is?"

Cole really is all kinds of fantastically hot! I hope you get to read the next book soon Ami."

I've just bought "Queen of the zombie heart" and "A mad zombie party" ♥ But I saw also the book "Kat in Zombieland" is this the next part?

message 32: by Shannon (last edited Jul 07, 2016 10:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 63 comments Ami-In-Zombieland wrote: "Shannon wrote: "Ami-In-Zombieland wrote: "Anyone to talk with how fantastic Cole is?"

Cole really is all kinds of fantastically hot! I hope you get to read the next book soon Ami."

I've just boug..."

Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles, #2) by Gena Showalter is next but there is also a short between books 1 and 2 that's written from Cole's perspective. Get ready to fall more in love with him.

I just finished Kat in Zombieland. Save it to read last because there are spoilers but Kat is freaking awesome. Honestly all of the characters are. I couldn't choose a favorite at gunpoint.... okay well maybe Cole. :-)