Book Loving Kiwis discussion

The Sweet Second Life of Darrell Kincaid
Archives > The Sweet Second Life of Darrell Kincaid

Comments (showing 1-31 of 31) (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie (last edited Oct 04, 2012 07:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angie (Seren-Lucy) | 1147 comments Use this thread to discuss The Sweet Second Life of Darrell Kincaid by Catherine Robertson.

If you intend to read this book during October/November, please leave a message below.

Participating:
LaVerne
Sharlene
Ann
Kathleen

Angie (Seren-Lucy) | 1147 comments I read this book a couple of weeks ago and loved the humour and fun. I definitely recommend it. I'm looking forward to reading Catherine's latest book, The Not So Perfect Life of Mo Lawrence in the near future.

Kathleen Dixon (kiwikathleen) | 1404 comments Put me down for this, please Angie. I've reserved a copy at the library.

Darkpool | 997 comments I'll sign up for this one, but again, it may take me a while to get to it - I've feel as if I'm running 2 months behind!

Catherine Robertson | 56 comments Thanks so much for picking my book! I'm off to the Frankfurt Book Fair on Friday - yes, VERY lucky me - so depending on how well I master German hotel internet, I'll be checking into the group. Have a great October everyone, Catherine

message 6: by Sweetp-1 (new)

Sweetp-1 | 402 comments Possibly me. I will have to interloan a copy though, so will see how I go. No kindle option?

Catherine Robertson | 56 comments Sweetp-1 wrote: "Possibly me. I will have to interloan a copy though, so will see how I go. No kindle option?"

Yes, it is on Kindle - via Amazon.com, or Amazon.co.uk (US prob best price??). It's not a cheap e-book, sorry, but still cheaper than print

message 8: by Sweetp-1 (new)

Sweetp-1 | 402 comments I did look for it last night but for some reason i didnt find, see it now :) Thanks.

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather | 42 comments Unsure at this stage if I will read this book - It sounds too much like my life.

Sharlene (sharlenesays) | 510 comments Mod
Sign me up for this one please. I too am a few months behind so I've got a lot of catching up. Might try with this one.

message 11: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann | 11 comments I just ordered it for my kindle. So please put me down for this one.

Kathleen Dixon (kiwikathleen) | 1404 comments I just started reading this - absolutely loving it so far!

Angie (Seren-Lucy) | 1147 comments Kathleen wrote: "I just started reading this - absolutely loving it so far!"

Sorry, I had missed your name off the list at the top somehow. You're there now!
Enjoy. It's a great read.

message 14: by Kathleen (last edited Oct 14, 2012 03:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kathleen Dixon (kiwikathleen) | 1404 comments I really enjoyed this! It's now the 2nd of the 2 NZ-authored chick-lit that I've read and enjoyed this year. (My review)

Catherine Robertson | 56 comments Kathleen wrote: "I really enjoyed this! It's now the 2nd of the 2 NZ-authored chick-lit that I've read and enjoyed this year. (My review)"
Thanks so much Kathleen! I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review (specially such a nice one :)
Catherine

I've picked this up to start today. going to enjoy an hour or so in the sunshine.

Catherine Robertson | 56 comments Sharlene wrote: "I've picked this up to start today. going to enjoy an hour or so in the sunshine."
I hope you like it, Sharlene!

Thanks Catherine. I am loving it so far. Up to chapter 12 where the younger brother Marcus is making his moves & might seem like a better fit personality wise for Darrell but I'm hoping she doesn't fall for the witty charm & gives Mr Perfect a chance.

message 19: by LaVerne (new) - added it

LaVerne Clark (LaVerneClark) | 195 comments Arghh - I'm not going to get to read this this month. Will keep it for over Christmas - what a treat! :)

message 20: by Catherine (last edited Nov 12, 2012 10:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Catherine Robertson | 56 comments Sharlene wrote: "Thanks Catherine. I am loving it so far. Up to chapter 12 where the younger brother Marcus is making his moves & might seem like a better fit personality wise for Darrell but I'm hoping she doesn't..."
Ha! Thanks so much. I won't give you any spoilers, tho :)

Returned book today & must say I really enjoyed reading this one. I wasn't bogged down by all the characters. Each personality was so different but they were all brought together really well. As mentioned earlier, a fun romantic comedy, indeed.

Catherine Robertson | 56 comments Sharlene wrote: "Returned book today & must say I really enjoyed reading this one. I wasn't bogged down by all the characters. Each personality was so different but they were all brought together really well. As me..."
Thank you, Sharlene. Much appreciated!

Darkpool | 997 comments Just collected this for the library today :-) (along with the Hunger Games on DVD. The Librarian was most jealous about the DVD when I checked it out - she's still on the waiting list apparently!)

Kathleen Dixon (kiwikathleen) | 1404 comments Darkpool wrote: "Just collected this for the library today :-) (along with the Hunger Games on DVD. The Librarian was most jealous about the DVD when I checked it out - she's still on the waiting list apparently!)"

Irrelevant to this thread, but I watched The Hunger Games with my daughter and son-in-law last Friday. They saw it at the movies, and then Miriam won the DVD on a facebook competition. Enjoyed it, though I'm not feeling the need to read the book.

Darkpool | 997 comments Started this book about 15 minutes ago, and all I have to say is 'WOOHOO!! Someone else eats digestives with cheese...."

OK, so that's not actually all I've had to say. There have been at least a few snorts, and a "phwoar" at the mention of Daniel Craig, tho that's probably more due to the fact I went to Skyfall last night.

Just making a coffee, then I'm going back for more :-)

Catherine Robertson | 56 comments Darkpool wrote: "Started this book about 15 minutes ago, and all I have to say is 'WOOHOO!! Someone else eats digestives with cheese...."

OK, so that's not actually all I've had to say. There have been at least a..."

And it has to be digestives and cheese and butter for me :)
Catherine

Darkpool | 997 comments "I wasn't sure if I saw it as hilarious, or as an event that would have the same effect on the universe as dividing by zero"
Loved this line!! Totally ROTF, and only partially because I tell my students that it is division by zero that causes black holes.
And what a hoot Marcus is. *grin*

Darkpool | 997 comments So Catherine, did you cast your book in your head while you were writing it?

Catherine Robertson | 56 comments Darkpool wrote: "So Catherine, did you cast your book in your head while you were writing it?"
I didn't! I think it's because I'm afraid I'll start making my characters like ones played by the actors I'm picturing. The only character I related to an actor was Big Man who I always saw looking like the British actor (now dead), Michael Attwell, who played lots of bit parts, mainly heavies, in various films/TV programmes. I saw him first in Turtle's Progress, which was almost a precursor to Minder (showing my age), and his last part before he died was Derek the Doorman in Hotel Babylon. But he's the only actor I ever 'cast'. Any suggestions?

Darkpool | 997 comments I've just googled Michael Atwell - he looks perfect. And no, no particular suggestions! Except if I did have to cast your book I'd want to find room for Karl Urban somewhere....

This book is FREE on iBooks Store today. Not sure how long it will be available for.