Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES > Books that Make You Laugh

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments We have talked about books that make us cry. So why not discuss about the ones that make us laugh?

So, tell us what are the books that tickle your funny bone?

message 2: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I am not sure if anyone here loves reading parody. I know some of you might not be happy it makes fun of your favorite book. but I love parody.

Nightlight A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon & The Hunger Pains A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon are very funny. A bit silly, but that's the point of parody.

message 3: by Em (last edited Sep 23, 2012 07:34PM) (new)

Em (emziyy) | 37 comments All the books by Rick Riordan crak me up....
The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus, #2) by Rick Riordan The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1) by Rick Riordan
Also The Twits by Roald Dahl and George's Marvelous Medicine by Roald Dahl are one of my favourites that I have read like a hundred times and always end up laughing :D

message 4: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I must get me some those :) I can use some good laugh every now and then.

message 5: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
TIP: Don't read this in public because the whole time you will look like a person just randomly laughing the entire time! This book was hilarious! I loved Jesse's style of writing!

message 6: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccatheawesomeone) | 49 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I am not sure if anyone here loves reading parody. I know some of you might not be happy it makes fun of your favorite book. but I love parody.

Nightlight A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon & [bookcove..."

I aggree; Nightlight is hysterical. I haven't read The Hunger Pains yet, though it looks good.

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
TIP: Don't read this in public because the whole time you will look like a person just randomly laughing the entire time! This book was hilarious..."

I haven't bought the book yet. I've been thinking of reading it for so long. I love the cover!

message 8: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Becca wrote: "Gisbelle wrote: "I am not sure if anyone here loves reading parody. I know some of you might not be happy it makes fun of your favorite book. but I love parody.

[bookcover:Nightlight: A Parody|663..."

The Hunger Pains is even more hilarious than Nightlight. I laughed like crazy the whole way through the book.

message 9: by Angel / YA rules!/ (last edited Sep 25, 2012 08:25PM) (new)

Angel / YA rules!/ | 123 comments Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1) by Tara Sivec , from cover to cover...

message 10: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1) by Tara Sivec, from cover to cover... "

hahaha... look at the monkey description

I have to read it then!

Angel / YA rules!/ | 123 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Angel / YA rules!/ wrote: "Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1) by Tara Sivec, from cover to cover... "

hahaha... look at the monkey

I have to read it then!"

It's an adult book but I love the way the author told the story. I hope you enjoy it as well.

message 12: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I don't mind adult book so yes, it goes to my list to read next month! I could use some laugh now!

Angel / YA rules!/ | 123 comments Gisbelle wrote: "I don't mind adult book so yes, it goes to my list to read next month! I could use some laugh now!"

Perfect! I hope you get that much needed laugh. =)

message 14: by Carly (new)

Carly Fries | 59 comments The confessions of Georgia Nicholson books were hilarious.

message 15: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Hmmm.... I wonder why....?

message 16: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments @Sarajayne ~ I love reading Parody. They are hilarious. I listen to The Hunger Pains A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon audiobook and I laughed like an idiot. And Nightlight is way better than Twilight :P

Fat Vampire A Never Coming of Age Story by Adam Rex
:D ...I think you deleted a space btw Vampire: & A Never...

I came across that book once. I think I might read it when I need some laugh then :D

message 17: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I've never read a parody, I was wondering, should I?

message 18: by Gisbelle (last edited Oct 23, 2012 07:06AM) (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Parody is nice... in a silly kind of way. I have read a few and so far I like them all, except Alice in Zombieland by Nickolas Cook ... too much blood and too many deaths that when I read it, I kinda smelt the blood....but Sarajayne might like it though :)

As for the Fat Vampire, I am going to get it for my device :D The cover looks pretty darn good :)

message 19: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick Tim and George :D LMAO

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare "Dumbledore vs. Magnus Bane" who will win? :))))) seriously?!

Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen the chicken thing. :P

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick ... Patch :D

Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry, #2) by Simone Elkeles ... Cachorro!

message 20: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Beatrice wrote: "My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick Tim and George :D LMAO

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare "Dumbledore vs. Magnus Bane" who will win? :))))) seriously?!

Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen the chicke..."

George is hilarious :)

message 21: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) I can't help smiling while reading it. George made me laugh like crazy :))

message 22: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6) by Sophie Kinsella (view spoiler)

message 23: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Me too. I want to hug him so much :)

message 24: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) He has a curious mind and very smart.

message 25: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Robichaud (trobes7x) | 1650 comments Seven Deadly Sins Settling the Argument Between Born Bad and Damaged Good by Corey Taylor
I doubt anyone will know this book. But I love him and I was literally just cracking up the whole time.
Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler
Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler
My Horizontal Life A Collection of One-Night Stands by Chelsea Handler
Oh man I love her, her life is hilarious.

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare
City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare
City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare
City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare
I know they arnt in order, but i was debating on whether to add them all or not haha i love how witty everyone is in this book

message 26: by Alice (new)

Alice (alice20) Tayla wrote: "Seven Deadly Sins Settling the Argument Between Born Bad and Damaged Good by Corey Taylor
I doubt anyone will know this book. But I love him and I was literally just cracking up the whole tim..."

Haha. Definitely the Mortal Instruments. Jace is hilarious!

And also, the Percy Jackson series.

message 27: by Janna (new)

Janna Marie (jannamarie) | 640 comments Many books have made me laugh, but...

Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park made me laugh A LOT!

message 28: by Kamila (new)

Kamila Burdziak | 1 comments this book and yours comments make me crazy... :)
thanks your all and this book for hours laughing ;)
have a nice day ;)

message 29: by Gabs (new)

Gabs Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1) by Jeff Kinney This book is awesome!

message 30: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments G.K. wrote: "Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1) by Jeff Kinney This book is awesome!"

Yes indeed :) Loved it :)

message 31: by Amasa (new)

Amasa | 7 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11... This book was so funny.Despite the cover it was actually funny!The characters in this book was so crazy!!!!!

message 32: by Sami (new)

Sami | 889 comments Masci wrote: "http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11... This book was so funny.Despite the cover it was actually funny!The characters in this book was so crazy!!!!!"

:D Talk about how we can't judge a book by its cover!

message 33: by Sami (new)

Sami | 889 comments This book had me giggling like a loon on the train today

Just Like Heaven (Smythe-Smith Quartet #1) by Julia Quinn

There are others but I can't think of them just now
I definitely have to try Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews soon though

message 34: by Trinity (new)

Trinity  (tsundokuproblem) description

message 35: by Waverly (new)

Waverly Spirit Walk (Walk, #1-2) by Richie Tankersley Cusick
Spirit Walk is actually two books, Walk of the Spirits and Shadow Mirror and Miranda's friends are SO funny! I let my friend borrow this book and when she gave it back she said she was laughing out loud and smiling on almost every page. Love it! :)

message 36: by Mybookishreads (new)

Mybookishreads | 46 comments Janna wrote: "Many books have made me laugh, but...

Flat-Out Love by Jessica Parkmade me laugh A LOT!"

I LOVE THIS BOOK! IT MADE ME LAUGH SOOOO HARD!
But it also made me cry..

message 37: by Niámh (new)

Niámh | 192 comments this series is really funny Skulduggery Pleasant (Skulduggery Pleasant, #1) by Derek Landy

message 38: by Becky (new)

Becky (booklovingcoffeeaddict) | 5093 comments I actually think the Middle School books by James Patterson are HYSTERICAL. Middle School The Worst Years of My Life (Midde School, #1) by James Patterson Middle School Get Me Out of Here! (Middle School, #2) by James Patterson and i think there may be one more out.. I read them before my kids and they are really funny.

message 39: by Georgia (new)

Georgia | 108 comments The immortal instruments series
City of Bones
City of Ashes
City of Glass
City of Fallen Angels
City of Lost Souls
(they have also made me cry... A LOT)
“Jesus!" Luke exclaimed.
"Actually, it's just me," said Simon. "Although I've been told the resemblance is startling.”

And the infernal devices series
Clockwork Angel
Clockwork Prince
Clockwork Princess
(they have also made me cry too... A LOT)

“Remember when you tried to convince me to feed a poultry pie to the mallards in the park to see if you could breed a race of cannibal ducks?"

"They ate it too," Will reminisced. "Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck.”

message 40: by Coleen (new)

Coleen | 108 comments All the Percy Jackson and the Olympian Books. Rick sure does have a good sense of humor. Which becomes one of Percy's good traits. :)

message 41: by Emily (new)

message 42: by Allie (new)

Allie I love when a book can make me laugh :)

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1) by Ally Carter Actually the WHOLE Gallagher Girls Series makes me laugh a lot :)

Search for Senna (Everworld, #1) by Katherine Applegate Actually the WHOLE Everworld Series makes me laugh a lot. I think that maybe I've never laughed more.

Finding Cassie Crazy by Jaclyn Moriarty Becoming Bindy MacKenzie by Jaclyn Moriarty Dreaming of Amelia (Ashbury/Brookfield, #4) by Jaclyn Moriarty I just love the Ashbury High novels. Just the first one ( Feeling Sorry for Celia (Ashbury/Brookfield, #1) by Jaclyn Moriarty ) wasn't so good. But the others are hilarious!