Coursera Friends discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jute (new)

Jute | 139 comments Mod
Hmm I messed up where this post initially went/.

message 2: by Xiri (new)

Xiri | 187 comments Mod
Finally up to this. I'm seriously curious if a tiny part of my country's history will be mentioned, too :)

message 3: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 88 comments Mod
Anyone else feeling this is very American-centric? The first section felt to me like it was "and this is what happened before America" and rather rushed, but that could easily be because of the large spread of the course. My biggest niggle so far has been over the splodging of three continents together and an apparent assumption that they were One... I'm enjoying the oriental stuff as it's an area I know very little about. I think that now I'd like to do a course on that solely...

message 4: by Xiri (new)

Xiri | 187 comments Mod
Well, it's global, to show how they're interconnected, but yeah... Too little info for my taste.

message 5: by Jute (new)

Jute | 139 comments Mod
I almost feel like they are compensating for World History being so Eurocentric in past years. I personally have felt that Europe so far has been kind of skimped on with so much concentration being on Asia, the Middle East and the Americas.

message 6: by Xiri (new)

Xiri | 187 comments Mod
Jute wrote: "I almost feel like they are compensating for World History being so Eurocentric in past years. I personally have felt that Europe so far has been kind of skimped on with so much concentration bein..."

Yup. Not a huge problem though if one is "already" familiar with the history of the region.

message 7: by Mark (new)

Mark Valenzuela | 1 comments I would love to participate in a history project. I'm currently working at dissertation service.