2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
This topic is about The Lies of Locke Lamora
ARCHIVE 2012 > Group Buddy Read: The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Buddy Readers can discuss "The Lies of Locke Lamora" here in this thread. Please remember to cover your spoilers. :)

Kelsi (essentiallybooked) | 750 comments This is not a genre I usually read. Very excited for this! Just put it on hold :)

Lisa | 283 comments I'll be joining in for this one. I bought the book a while back and have been planning to read it.

message 4: by Nathaly (new) - added it

Nathaly | 356 comments Really excited about this one. Read some reviews and sounds like it's pretty good.

Lisa | 283 comments I just started this today. I'm really enjoying it so far.

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Starting it today!

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Totally loving this so far. I like how the story alternated between the present and Lamora's past.

I was telling my boyfriend about the book, and he said, "...so is the protagonist a bad guy?" I don't quite know how to answer that yet. I'm about 100 pages in.

Kelsi (essentiallybooked) | 750 comments Just started it!

Toni | 234 comments I just started last night.

message 10: by Kara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments What did you guys think?

mussolet (sovotchka) | 615 comments I just realized that I haven't checked in - but I am reading it one the side. I have to force myself not to jump to my favourite parts though.

I think - and this might be a bit biased ;) - that the interactions between the characters are great. You get to know everyone really well. Also, I love all the thieving - they are doing a lot of it, and the plot gets very complex. I miss that in other books about thieves, when it is mostly just one straightforward burglary. (I don't know what that says about me though.)
Also, I love his way of making the city a character in itself.
Yes. As I said. I love it ;).

message 12: by Toni (new) - rated it 3 stars

Toni | 234 comments I am on page 429 and I am enjoying it. I was reading over my lunch hour at work and did not want to stop. :) This is not the kind of book that I would normally read, so it is a very pleasant surprise and may open up an whole new genre of books for me. Just what I need - a longer TBR list. LOL!!!

message 13: by Kara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments I enjoyed it too! I'm definitely going to read the next one. It got a little long for me, but I still enjoyed it. I really want to know more about Sabetha--I'm totally intrigued.