Virtual Writers discussion

Literary Fiction > Authors Seeking Reviewers

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Virtual (new)

Virtual | 435 comments Mod
Please add your details here.

message 2: by Barbara (last edited Sep 23, 2012 05:34PM) (new)

Barbara Abate looking for readers of Literary Fiction to review my newly released novel Asleep Without Dreaming http://www.goodreads.com/search?utf8=...

"Fourteen year old Willa Burkett has been waiting her whole life to leave Hoosick Falls, a nowhere place that fails to hold even a single good memory. But, when a series of vengeful incidents stir Willa's mother Stella to impulsively pack-up and go, it is only to find themselves stranded in yet another ugly, near extinct town, only now, with a broken down car and no ready way out. Unable to move on until an alternate plan shows itself, they accept a job working for Omega Pearl Bodie, proprietress of the Moonglow motel?a long forgotten, steadily decaying relic, where mostly nothing happens, except now, when everything does. It is here in this place of desperate loneliness and restless boredom that Willa will have her world rocked to the core in ways she doesn't immediately comprehend understand. The craziness of the life she's left behind all but eclipsed by the dark turn of the here and now, as Willa attempts to keep one step ahead of the ever-twisting whims of a mother prone to keeping secrets and telling lies, a murderous arsonist returned to the scene of his earlier crimes to dole out revenge one fiery victim at a time, and Jesse Truman. An unknowable boy with indigo eyes that Omega Pearl has hired as handyman at the Moonglow, who Willa longs to save, if only she understood what it is he needs saving from."

I would be most happy to send a PDF of my novel to interested reviewers, accompanied by my sincere thanks and appreciation :-D

http://www.barbaraforteabate.com

message 3: by Rowena (new)

Rowena (outofprintwriting) Searching for Von Honningsbergs by Rowena Wiseman

Hi everyone
I've just published my debut novel on Screwpulp (an innovative publishing platform with a unique crowd-driven pricing model - if you haven't seen what they are doing - check them out!)

Anyway, I would love to have some readers to rate and review on Goodreads. There are some sample chapters you can read via my Goodreads page, before you commit to anything. See if you like it! (And I'm happy to send PDF, epub or mobil file to anyone who is interested)

Searching for Von Honningsbergs is a quirky satire of the world of art. When Lawson is sent overseas to retrieve three paintings for a Kurt Von Honningsberg exhibition he meets a range of unlikely characters, has a thorny love affair, faces a death threat and wrestles with the true value of art.

Searching for Von Honningsbergs was longlisted for the Australian Vogel Award in 2007.

I look forward to hearing from any kind-hearted readers out there with an interest in art and have a quirky sense of humour!

Best wishes

Rowena

message 4: by Marc (new)

Marc Nash (sulci) | 29 comments I write highly literary stories with unconventional narrative structures. Here's my latest collection if anyone fancies a read and review. Thanks

marc

Long Stories Short by Marc Nash
Long Stories Short