Virtual Writers discussion

Horror > Authors Seeking Reviewers

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Virtual (new)

Virtual | 435 comments Mod
Please add your details here.

message 2: by L.A. (new)

L.A. Taylor (mrwriterman) | 3 comments Hello, I am an author of 2 novels to date. My first novel - CLIFTON FALLS - is out now on amazon kindle, with my second novel - BEDBUGS (Can you see them?) Due for release in October 2012.
I am looking for reviews for my first novel, so if you like zombie horror, action, romance, with a touch of silly humor, then why not take a look...
I have a website - www.morgueofthedead.webs.com - If you want to check me out.
Get back to me.....
Lee

message 3: by Sherrie (new)

Sherrie Lowe | 4 comments Hi Andrea,
Thank you for the invite to join the group. I currently have five novels and a memoir published which are available as ebooks from amazon and two paperbacks, the other paperbacks are available from www.feedaread.com
I would welcome reviews for any of them, also can you answer a few questions for me please?
How do I have give aways of either the kindle or paperback editions?
How do I promote my books through your group?
How do virtual book tours work and how do I get involved in any armchair promotion? (I have a health problem and getting out is very difficult)
I will have my latest novel coming out within the next couple of months and I want to use whatever methods I can of promoting it, and the others.
I've been on goodreads for almost a year now and still haven't fathomed out how it works! Any advice will be welcome.
Thanks
Sherrie

message 4: by Debra (last edited Sep 25, 2012 10:29AM) (new)

Debra Brown (debrabrown) | 41 comments Sherrie, I recommend that you do a giveaway on Goodreads to help make your books known. You can do that for each book. That was a huge help for me.

Sign into Goodreads, and on the right you should see pics of your book and there you can visit your Author Dashboard. Click that and then on the right of the next page, go to Author Tutorials. That should help you to learn how to do a giveaway on GR- which is the best place to do one. I had hundreds of people add my book to their To Be Read lists. It does mean that you have to send out print copies of your books to the winners, but it is a small investment with good returns. Some of the readers will then rate or review your books here.

You can also join author groups on Facebook, such as Author Central. Authors help each other a lot. I'd suggest my group English Historical Fiction Authors for anyone who is in that genre.

You can do giveaways on your blog, if you have one, but they are not nearly as effective as GR giveaways.

Book tours- you set up with various bloggers to do either a guest post, an interview and/or a giveaway on their blogs. It can be author's blogs or book bloggers.

You can ask book bloggers to read and review your books. Just do a google search for book blogs and on each blog, read their review requirements and contact them if your book fits their preferences. Then you will have to send them a copy or if they accept ecopies, you can do that.

message 5: by Randy (new)

Randy Benivegna | 1 comments Hey, everybody! I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section. There are so many different forums and message boards on this site. If this is in the wrong place, please feel free to delete or move it to another section. I'm here to promote and share my blog, which you can visit at www.shortstoriestragicendings.com

I use this blog to post and share my own short fiction, which you can access at any time and read for free. The stories fall mainly into the horror or science fiction genre, so if that's your thing, you may really enjoy some of my stories. At least, I hope you do.

Please give my writing a chance :) And I'm always looking for feedback, positive or negative. I can endure harsh criticism, as long as it's useful.