Ask Tess Gerritsen - September 23, 2012 discussion

Standalone novels

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annieb (new)

Annieb | 1 comments Hi Tess,

I was wondering if you are considering writing another standalone novel? Back to the 'female Michael Crichton' days, as per some of your early reviewers. I've been a fan since you started writing mainstream fiction. The scene where she looked in her son's eyes in Bloodstream was frightening and memorable! I loved Gravity and I also loved the Bone Garden and although I've read every Rizzoli and Isle novel (I'm currently reading Last to Die - it's wonderful and hard to put down!!) I still have a hope that you write something different in between. Thanks!

message 2: by Tess (new)

Tess Gerritsen | 72 comments I would love to write another stand-alone like GRAVITY. But I must be perfectly frank: that book did not sell well. It was a huge disappointment to both me and my publisher, because everyone thought it was my strongest book. It just didn't appeal to the public, which isn't really into densely scientific books. I truly hoped that Michael Crichton's audience would find GRAVITY and would embrace me as a science thriller author, but alas, it's tough for a female writer to reach that audience.

I wish it weren't so!

message 3: by onarock (new)

onarock Tess wrote: "I would love to write another stand-alone like GRAVITY. But I must be perfectly frank: that book did not sell well. It was a huge disappointment to both me and my publisher, because everyone thou..."

now i have to go and buy this book to .....

k

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 3 comments The Bone Garden is my favorite Stand-Alone :-) Stephen King praises Gravity and recommends it when he was giving advice in his book On Writing.
On Writing by Stephen King