Virtual Writers discussion

Dystopian > Authors Seeking Reviewers

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Virtual (new)

Virtual | 435 comments Mod
Please add your details here.

message 2: by M. P. (new)

M. P. Ness (m_p_ness) | 12 comments Michael Ness (Michael_P_Ness) | 1 comments Greetings!
:)
New to the group!

My debut publication is in the realm of online Serial fiction.

"White Leaves" (E.L.F. series #1) is released one chapter at a time, bi-weekly/weekly @ www.JukePopSerials.com

Urban/Dystopian/Contemporary Fantasy

Shannon Hunter is a misanthropic heiress to a natural resource company(Hunter Industrial, H.I.)
She joins the existing eco-terrorist organization, Earth Liberation Front (E.L.F.) based in the Pacific Northwest to rebel against her father.
Naturally, she isn't the best advocate for mankind's survival.
But when she is captured by the FBI, she discovers the true supernatural protectors of the earth(elves) are fed up with our wanton wasting of the world, and what they're planning to do about it.
She must reconnect with her humanity in order to discover the secrets of the White Leaves, and end more than just a war mankind cannot hope to win -but a catastrophe not even the Elves can escape.

White Leaves is in the vein of H. Bates's classic, The Day the Earth Stood Still, only fantasy, far more epic, darker, less forgiving, and with much more action.

(I'm currently writing the sequel, Blighted Leaves, with plot enough for the series to continue for some time.)

It is free to read, +vote, etc.

I bite my nails nervously a lot just writing it, so I'd love to get genuine feedback/critique/reviews/and of course, readers and +Voters.
:)

You can find White Leaves @ http://www.jukepopserials.com/home/re... alongside many other great stories/writers.

E.L.F. is Currently released up to Chapter 12 as of today...and sits in 7th overall place in voter response.

Excerpts are available in 'my writing' here on my Goodreads profile.
You may find me on Facebook(Michael Ness), twitter (@Michael_P_Ness), or even email me directly @ darkelfblack@yahoo.com

message 3: by Virtual (new)

Virtual | 435 comments Mod
Thanks for sharing, Michael. Dystopian fiction happens to be my favourite genre.

message 4: by Arun (new)

Arun Ellis | 11 comments Hi - I'd just like to introduce my book Corpalism by Arun D. Ellis it's a contemporary effort based on our current dystopian world - oh yeah and it's only 77p - hope you get time to check it out - cheers Arun
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corpalism-ebo...
http://www.amazon.com/Corpalism-ebook...

The blurb -
Corpalism is a dark and exciting exploration of a dystopian world – describing a cold and callous future wrought by unchecked corporate greed.

The book is in five parts; the timeline moves back and forth 20 years, using inter connected characters and storylines. Situational humour serves to lighten the mood and the characters range from the cynically evil, through the surprisingly likeable to the positively evangelical.

The first part is a fast-paced thriller that moves in a believable way between fact and fiction, the second part plunges the unsuspecting reader into the strange world of socialite and singer, Delores Grey whilst the third has several characters in a pub arguing various topics from various points of view; the reader being left to decide which is valid. Part four brings all the threads together and the final part is set 20 years in the past and shows how the world came to its ultimate conclusion.

A unique experience – a page turner with a message