YA Book Club discussion

Welcome!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Hey!!! So, my name is Cassie and I'm 13. I love to read, and hope you'll enjoy being in this club as much as me!

message 2: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Barbara wrote: "Hi Cassie! Thanks for the invite. :) I spend a lot of time at my blog and not so much at Goodreads but hopefully I can contribute something."

Well thank you for joining! You can always contribute something, :)

message 3: by B (new)

B I'm 13 too! And LOVE reading!

message 4: by Candace (new)

Candace (readingfool1993) | 4 comments Hi! My name is Candace (duh lol!) I love to read and meeting people who have the same obsessions as I do :D

message 5: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Candace wrote: "Hi! My name is Candace (duh lol!) I love to read and meeting people who have the same obsessions as I do :D"

Hi Candace! Sorry for the late welcome, but I'm happy you joined!

Addy wrote: "I'm 13 too! And LOVE reading!"

Lol I'm 14 now, and sorry for the late welcome. (:

message 6: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) Hello!

message 7: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Bridgett wrote: "Hello!"

Hello!! (:

message 8: by Ash (new)

Ash (wonderlandsreader) Hey my name is Ashtyn but you can call me Ash! I'm 16 and some of my favorite books are The Lux series, TMI, TID, Harry Potter, The Poison Princess, and The Sweet Trilogy!

message 9: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) Ashtyn wrote: "Hey my name is Ashtyn but you can call me Ash! I'm 16 and some of my favorite books are The Lux series, TMI, TID, Harry Potter, The Poison Princess, and The Sweet Trilogy!"

Welcome Ash! I am not sure what TMI and TID are? I might need to look into some of these series you have mentioned!

message 10: by Nele (new)

Nele | 3 comments Hi! :)
I know I'm a little late introducing myself but I've been pretty busy lately...
My name is Nele, I'm 17 years old and I'm from Germany. :)

message 11: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) Nele wrote: "Hi! :)
I know I'm a little late introducing myself but I've been pretty busy lately...
My name is Nele, I'm 17 years old and I'm from Germany. :)"

Better late than never! Welcome Nele!

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 58 comments Bridget, TMI Is the mortal instruments and TID is the infernal devices

message 13: by Ethan (new)

Ethan | 66 comments Guys I just realized that I forgot to put a welcome post, even after I did a buddy read with Bridgett, oh well! Better late than never right?

Anyways, my name is Ethan and i'm Canadian eh! I've been with Goodreads for just about a year and this is the first time that I've been part if any kind of club on this social network, and so far I am loving it (thanks Cassie for the invite!). My favourite books are Harry Potter, The Mortal Instruments/The Infernal Devices, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Divergent and Insurgent, The Percy Jackson series, The Kane Chronicles, The Heroes of Olympus series, (although I have yet to read The Mark of Athena!) The Chaos Walking Trilogy, Cinder and Scarlet, the Gone series, and last but not least, the Heist Society series by Ally Carter! Sorry for the long list guys! I READ A LOT!

message 14: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Ethan wrote: "Guys I just realized that I forgot to put a welcome post, even after I did a buddy read with Bridgett, oh well! Better late than never right?

Anyways, my name is Ethan and i'm Canadian eh! I've ..."

Haha my one year mark is in July! So happy I have discovered this website, gives me a chance to meet new people and to discover new books!

message 15: by Ethan (new)

Ethan | 66 comments Yeah I had no Idea the book community was this big! Best social networking site ever!

message 16: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh (pharlap98) | 24 comments Hi I'm Ashleigh :-) I absolutely love the mortal instruments/ Infernal devices and the declaration trilogy :-) My birthday is March 17th st Patrick's day which is kinda ironic as I'm Irish :-p

message 17: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Ashleigh wrote: "Hi I'm Ashleigh :-) I absolutely love the mortal instruments/ Infernal devices and the declaration trilogy :-) My birthday is March 17th st Patrick's day which is kinda ironic as I'm Irish :-p"

Haha my birthday is on January 1st, New Years baby (:

message 18: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh (pharlap98) | 24 comments Cassie - Hahaha lucky you !!

message 19: by Jeffry (new)

Jeffry | 1 comments Hi my name Jeffry, I'm from Connecticut. I love action, adventure or stories with a twist at the end. I'm looking forward to this group and I can't wait to meet you guys :)

message 20: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Jeffry wrote: "Hi my name Jeffry, I'm from Connecticut. I love action, adventure or stories with a twist at the end. I'm looking forward to this group and I can't wait to meet you guys :)"

Hey Jeffry! I'm happy you joined. (:

message 21: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) welcome jeffry! great to have you here

message 22: by Little Bee (new)

Little Bee (littlebeesreads) Hi Aya! Welcome :)

message 23: by Riya (new)

Riya Hey! I'm Riya and I'm a high schooler. I read pretty much anything fantasy, sci-fi, action/adventure, or 'classic'. Other than that I'm open to suggestions but those are my main ones! I love The Book Thief, Divergent, and so many more books!!!!!!!

message 24: by Cassie (new)

Cassie Riya wrote: "Hey! I'm Riya and I'm a high schooler. I read pretty much anything fantasy, sci-fi, action/adventure, or 'classic'. Other than that I'm open to suggestions but those are my main ones! I love The Bo..."

Welcome Riya! (:

Liliya wrote: "HEY! my name is liliya and I'm 14 this year :) some of my favorite series are TMI, TID, the hunger games, Divergent, the selection, the fifth wave and delirium :p"

Welcome Liliya! (:

Saru (Queen of Bookland) (sarulovesbooks) Hi! I'm Saru! I love YA books of all kinds, and my favorite reads so far in 2013 have been The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. :)

Anna (Unquenchable Reads) (unquenchablereads) Hi I'm Anna. I like most types of books.

Saru (Queen of Bookland) (sarulovesbooks) Riya wrote: "Anna wrote: "Hi I'm Anna. I like most types of books."

Hey Anna!!!"

I don't get a hi? *Pouts*.

message 28: by Riya (new)

Riya Hey Saru- I still need to read Mortal Instruments!!!!

message 29: by Riya (new)

Riya Hey Anna- so glad your joining such awesome clubs :D

Saru (Queen of Bookland) (sarulovesbooks) Riya wrote: "Hey Saru- I still need to read Mortal Instruments!!!!"

Hi! And you should! They're AMAZING.

message 31: by Riya (new)

Riya Saru (Queen of Bookland) wrote: "Riya wrote: "Hey Saru- I still need to read Mortal Instruments!!!!"

Hi! And you should! They're AMAZING."

I've heard! :)

Saru (Queen of Bookland) (sarulovesbooks) Riya wrote: "Saru (Queen of Bookland) wrote: "Riya wrote: "Hey Saru- I still need to read Mortal Instruments!!!!"

I've heard! :)"

Well actually, from what I've seen, most people either strongly dislike or like these books. I am a proud member of the latter.

message 33: by Riya (new)

Riya Saru (Queen of Bookland) wrote: "Riya wrote: "Saru (Queen of Bookland) wrote: "Riya wrote: "Hey Saru- I still need to read Mortal Instruments!!!!"

I've heard! :)"

Well actually, from what I..."

That's funny because I've seriously heard amazing review after amazing review after amazing review!

Saru (Queen of Bookland) (sarulovesbooks) Riya wrote: "Saru (Queen of Bookland) wrote: "Riya wrote: "Saru (Queen of Bookland) wrote: "Riya wrote: "Hey Saru- I still need to read Mortal Instruments!!!!"

I've heard..."

Well, if you read the very first review for this book, it's SUPER negative.

message 35: by Riya (new)

Riya Saru (Queen of Bookland) wrote: "Riya wrote: "Saru (Queen of Bookland) wrote: "Riya wrote: "Saru (Queen of Bookland) wrote: "Riya wrote: "Hey Saru- I still need to read Mortal Instruments!!!!"

Hi! And you should! They're AMAZING...."

Interesting- I'm still going to read it though!!! :D

Saru (Queen of Bookland) (sarulovesbooks) Haha good! :D

message 37: by Sorel (new)

Sorel Drever Hi just joined your group and it is wonderful. My name is Sorel and I am 16 plus I just really like books and am up to read anything but I do love any dystopian books, Harry Potter and series!

message 38: by Riya (new)

Riya Welcome Sorel!! If you like dystopian books you should join http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/6... (a YA Dystopian Book Club)

Anyways- nice!! You seem to have good taste, and if you want any recommendations just ask :)

message 39: by Sorel (new)

Sorel Drever Thankyou so much!

message 40: by Riya (new)

Riya No problem- just glad you joined :)

message 41: by Jana (new)

Jana (jana713) | 14 comments Just joined your group! Hey :) I'm Jana, I'm 17 from the U.S of A :) and new to goodreads but I love reading especially TMI, ID, PJO etc. Can't wait to meet all of you.

Saru (Queen of Bookland) (sarulovesbooks) TMI!:)

message 43: by Jana (new)

Jana (jana713) | 14 comments Saru (Queen of Bookland)- I'm assuming you read them too :)??? Omg those books...

Saru (Queen of Bookland) (sarulovesbooks) Yes of course! And I LOVE THEM.

message 45: by Riya (new)

Riya PJO :D

Saru (Queen of Bookland) (sarulovesbooks) I love PJO too!:)

message 47: by Riya (new)

Riya So awesome!!

Saru (Queen of Bookland) (sarulovesbooks) IT IS!

message 49: by Riya (new)

Riya My sister and I are SO OBSESSED together!!! :D

message 50: by mop (new)

mop (yikesmontana) | 48 comments Hey...:)
I love to read :)
My favs are: The Maze Runner, TMI/TID/TDA (Yes, I already know that i'll love the dark artifacts,) The Hunger Games, Percy Jackson/Heros of Olympus, Angelfall, Angel, Divergent, basically any book you give me :D

« previous 1