YA Dystopian discussion

What Did Ya Think? > The Hunger Games Trilogy

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccatheawesomeone) | 123 comments Mod
This thread will likely contain spoilers of The Hunger Games, if there is a spoiler from the last two books, I suggest you hide it! Thank you!

Discuss HG here!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

It was a good trilogy and I enjoyed reading all three THG books. :)

message 3: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (skyseeds) My favourite was Mockingjay.

message 4: by Becca (new)

I loved it! Did you know The Hunger Games is on the banned book list because it is considered 'satanic' and it encourages broken familoes or something like that. Being banned for violence I understand, but satanic?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Becca wrote: "I loved it! Did you know The Hunger Games is on the banned book list because it is considered 'satanic' and it encourages broken familoes or something like that. Being banned for violence I under..."

It's certainly violent, but not satanic...not to me, anyway.

message 6: by Becca (new)

I did not like Mockingjay. To me, it left me on edge, and I left the series feeling incomplete. Half the time Katniss is either drugged and/or delusional, wuich really pulls out of the story.

message 7: by Becca (new)

O guess it is satanic in that the Capitol is cruel. But other than that, not really.

message 8: by Gigi (new)

Gigi S. (triv_s) | 16 comments The Hunger Games I am obsessed with, I enjoyed Catching Fire and I hated Mockingjay. For me, it definitely went downhill but then I did have three years or something to wait for the last book. I read the Hunger Games before Catching Fire was even out >.<

message 9: by Gigi (new)

Gigi S. (triv_s) | 16 comments It says occult/satanic so maybe they mean like...the obssesion with killing is like an occult/cult? I don't know. It's stupid. Books shouldn't be banned