YA Dystopian discussion

Recommendations, Anyone? > Hunger Games

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccatheawesomeone) | 123 comments Mod
I just finished The Hunger Games series, what should I read next?

*Okay, this is just an example of how you would post a new topic suggesting books. Plus, tons of people have read the Hunger Games and don't know what to read next.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 69 comments Ummmmm.... I'd go Birthmarked or Wither (if you can manage to figure out how your nook works ;)

message 3: by Becca (new)

lol. Its more like how not to spend my boyfriend's credit card to buy books for the NOOK I hardly know how to use...

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 69 comments Ahhhhh.... Fair enough ;) they don't have it at your library?

message 5: by Becca (new)

No. My lobrary is super small. I also checked at the BN and they didn't have it either. I was royally ticked because I had taken an hour and a half drive for nothing..

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

got a kindle get on the book store if not long wait in the libery, but a great book (birthmark) and ive haven't read wither gets sounds great

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 69 comments Becca wrote: "No. My lobrary is super small. I also checked at the BN and they didn't have it either. I was royally ticked because I had taken an hour and a half drive for nothing.."

Booooo hate it. Wish I could lend it! Stupid kindle... >=(

message 8: by Becca (new)

Well... there is such a thing as online shipping...

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 69 comments You should just buy a kindle ;) then use your own credit card. The books are like $5 cheaper too :)

message 10: by Becca (new)

Hmmm.... Yes, but I think my boyfriend hasgrown to expect his credit card maxed out. He has a surprised look on his face when I tell him I haven't bought any books this month. Why break tradition?

message 11: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 69 comments Ha! In that case just get it on your nook!!! :)

message 12: by Becca (new)

I should. I sense a spending spree!

message 13: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 69 comments Oh snap... I just realized I finished by book last night... What should I read????

message 14: by Becca (new)

I don't know... There might be a topic about that or something...*cough*

message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 69 comments LOL apparently this is that topic... We just got sidetracked ;) do you have access to my to-read list? Have you read and liked any of those?

message 16: by Becca (new)

None that I have read. But most are on my to-read list... What did you finish reading?

(I remember where I saw your last name, when I was sending out group messages! I don't think everyone can see it though, I can't see it anywhere else.)

message 17: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 69 comments Just finished reading Outpost - sequel to Enclave... Which is funny cause in YA Awesomeness Jonathan just gave a review of Enclave :) Jazzy gave Cinder 5 stars... I might audition that one next!!

message 18: by Becca (new)

Ooh... Isn't Cinderella in cyborg-form in that book?

message 19: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 69 comments I think so.... And there's something about a queen... The trailer for the book is up on the teen book lovers group. Or at least it was...

message 20: by Becca (new)

Hmm... I'll have to find that.