Virtual Writers discussion

Author Services > Publishers

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Virtual (new)

Virtual | 435 comments Mod
If you are a publisher, or if you are seeking one, please post here.

message 2: by Jesse (last edited Nov 08, 2012 12:17AM) (new)

Jesse Kimmel-Freeman (jesse_kimmel-freeman) | 4 comments Skypirate Productions, LLC is now seeking all genres for submission. They're also looking for short stories for their anthologies. More info on their site:

www.skypirateproductions.com

message 3: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Taylor (KerryT2012) | 56 comments Please send me more details

message 4: by December (new)

December House (decemberhouse) | 1 comments We're a newly launched digital first publisher currently open for submissions.

Our full submission guidelines are on our website here http://www.decemberhouse.net/submissi...

message 5: by Gary (new)

Gary Markwick (garymarkwick) | 5 comments Hi my name is Gary Markwick,
and I am from England and have written a self help book called "Now it Begins" and am looking for a new publishing company. Please let me know if you are interested in this genre. My website for the book is
http://www.garymarkwick.com My email is
gary@palmistryinhand.com

Thank you so much
Best wishes
Gary

message 6: by Sharmini (new)

Sharmini Jesudas (sharjesu) For any publishers looking for a hidden gem,

Might I suggest a book that I found in the Amazon bargain bin

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A4FO160/

Dream Caster by Najeev Raj Nadarajah

It's a definite ★★★★★ novel

I read it about 2 months ago when it was just released, and I'm surprised to see a book this good not doing well in terms of sales.

If you're in search of a hidden gem, I thought maybe you can take a look at this one.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I am currently seeking a publisher for finding my novel, Killer Rumors, a home. The genre of my novel is mystery and thriller. A synopsis of my novel can always be found in my profile. Thank you for your time. Wishing you all the best!

Antonello Fiore
Author of, Killer Rumors Killer Rumors (Frank Rinelli, #1) by Antonello Fiore

message 8: by Mindy (new)

Mindy (Boyer) Larson | 2 comments Good Afternoon,
My name is Mindy Larson. I am the self published author of This Morning I Woke Up Dead. This Morning I Woke Up Dead I am seeking a publisher in hopes of increasing my exposure and sales, however things are going quite well and I've had some success going at it alone. I am humbled, honored, and very proud of my novel, as it has received a lot of great reviews and positive remarks! I'd be happy to send out an epub file, or PDF file, or an actual hardback copy of the book if anyone is interested. Thanks for your time and consideration, I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Mindy Larson

message 9: by G.Franklin (new)

G.Franklin Prue (gfranklinprue) | 2 comments Hi! Mindy,

I am Writer, G. Franklin Prue, if you don't hear from a publisher-their lost, because you could teach them a thing or two.

message 10: by G.Franklin (new)

G.Franklin Prue (gfranklinprue) | 2 comments G. wrote: "Hi! Mindy,

I am Writer, G. Franklin Prue, if you don't hear from a publisher-their lost, because you could teach them a thing or two."

G. wrote: "Hi! Mindy,

I am Writer, G. Franklin Prue, if you don't hear from a publisher-their lost, because you could teach them a thing or two."

Antonello wrote: "I am currently seeking a publisher for finding my novel, Killer Rumors, a home. The genre of my novel is mystery and thriller. A synopsis of my novel can always be found in my profile. Thank you fo..."

Dear Mr. Antonello
Don't forget Create/Space&Amazon relationship...

message 11: by Mindy (new)

Mindy (Boyer) Larson | 2 comments G. wrote: "Hi! Mindy,

Hey G!

Thanks so much! No responses yet. Keeping my fingers crossed! How are things going with you??

message 12: by Khara (new)

Khara Robinson | 15 comments Hello,

I am a self published author and would love to get published. I need help spreading the word and getting my book out there to th public. Here is the link to my book: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_sab...

message 13: by E.J. (new)

E.J. Jackson (elainejenny) | 2 comments I wonder if anyone here has had experience of Authorhouse? I made an initial enquiry some months ago when I was thinking that I might self-publish (book is still a WiP) and have had umpteen emails and phone calls from them since, and feel a little harrassed... I'd be interested to hear other people's experience with them, since at the moment it feels like 'hard sell' and that is a big turn-off for me... but perhaps I'm wrong. I don't want to write them off if I do go the self-publish route, if they provide a good service. Recommendation goes a long way...

message 14: by Khara (new)

Khara Robinson | 15 comments Thank you so much for the insight. This buisness is very hard to break into. I started with the Amazon self punlishing also because the other self publishing houses cost a lot of money. so, hopefully with a lot of hard work and perserverance things will work out.

message 15: by Khara (new)

Khara Robinson | 15 comments I did the the same with Authorhouse. They called and emailed me all the time. I had to finally tell them I'm not in a financial postion to come aboard at this time, but if anything should change I would let them know. Haven't heard from them since. Hope that helps.

message 16: by Toni (new)

Toni Seger | 25 comments This is an interview I did with Virtual Writers about my satiric trilogy which is available on Amazon.

http://authoressentials.virtualwriter...

BTW, it's good to see an original ebook publisher ready to take more of a risk for less commercial fiction. I'm going to look into that.

message 17: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Lohr | 5 comments Hello Fellow Authors!

My publisher, Cressen Books, LLC, is currently accepting manuscript submissions for all genres except poetry and non-fiction. Submission information as well as information about the company can be found on their website - www.cressenbooks.com.

You can also check out their Facebook page.

message 18: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) | 3 comments Call for writers! We're looking for stories featuring marginalized characters; people of color, LGBTQIA, disabled, etc.

This is an open call for an anthology of short romantic fiction which takes place in a super hero universe; at least one of the love interests has to be a superhero or villain. Any story containing copyrighted characters is not permitted (Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Psylocke, etc.) but fanfiction which has been edited to be a stand-alone story with original characters is acceptable. All gender pairings, sub-genre, and content rating are accepted for this book, but the main theme has to be romance. The word limit is a 15,000 word maximum with no minimum word count.

$30 for accepted stories and $100 for accepted cover art.

For more details check out the publisher's call page

message 19: by April (new)

April  | 1 comments Hi I'm looking for a publisher to publish a few chapters of my book. I need a cheap publisher or a free publisher. I am on food stamps and I don't work much so I don't have a lot of money. I hope someone can help me!!! Thank YOU!

message 20: by Golden Fleece (new)

Golden Fleece Press | 1 comments Golden Fleece Press is a charity focused and friendly publisher, aimed at telling diverse, exemplary stories across all genres.

We are currently open for submissions for our bi-yearly journals:

Wee Tales-- Beginning this Oct with Vol 1: HalloWeen Tales. This journal is aimed at 7 to 12 year old readers. We are looking for short stories (1 to 5k), poetry, puzzles, and artwork.

Refractions-- Beginning this Nov, is aimed at young adults. We are looking for short stories, essays, artwork, and poetry.

We are also accepting queries for novels, non-fiction, and serials.

Visit us as http://goldenfleecepress.com for submission guidelines and the latest news.

message 21: by Christy (new)

Christy Stewart (christyleighstewart) | 3 comments This is an open call for "No Place for Us"; an anthology of short romantic fiction which takes place in a post-apocalyptic world. Any story containing copyrighted characters is not permitted, but fanfic which has been edited to be a stand-alone story with original characters is acceptable. All gender pairings, sub-genre, and content rating are accepted for this book, but the main theme has to be romance. The word limit is a 15,000 word maximum with no minimum word count.

Dystopia is arguably the most socially critical genre of fiction and despite a resurgence of popularity we have seen very little depictions of marginalized people; that's why our latest project at GMP is a post-apocalyptic anthology. We're looking for stories about people that we see too little of: People of color, disabled people, and LGBTQIA+ peoples.

Authors will retain the copyright to their work, receive $30.00USD for accepted works, and receive a free paperback copy of the book upon publication. Authors from all over the world and from any age group (under the age of 18 is accepted) are invited to submit their stories. The submission deadline is January 31, 2015.

Please email all submissions in Word format to submissions@goodmourningpublishing.com. Feel free to email any questions to the same address.

message 22: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Annett (danielle-annett) | 3 comments Anthology collection is open to submissions.

The Midnight Hour: A Kick Butt Heroine Anthology
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, Dystopian (romance not necessary)
Theme: Kick butt heroines (no damsels)
Spots Available: 10
New Content Required? No but preferred. Strongly encouraged to use an existing character from a currently released series while providing new content to pull in current readership.
Age Range: New Adult to Adult.
Word count: 30k – 50k
Targeted Release date: May 2018 (stories will need to be submitted no later than April 1, 2018)
Buy-in: $300 total. $50 non refundable deposit due at time of acceptance. Remainder is due by February 15th 2018
Purpose of the boxed set:
We will aim for USA Today, so everyone must be willing to pitch in with promo efforts and really put in the leg work. You will also have the chance to network with other authors, reach new readers and have FUN. The intention with this set is to remain WIDE for the entire experience.
Other important info:
All stories should have a HEA or HFN ending (no cliffhangers). The stories must be professionally edited.
The Anthology will be listed at $0.99 for the pre-order period and during release week. After that the price will go up to 3.99 for the duration of the set terms.
This set will NOT be in KU at any point.
Royalties are split evenly among authors less a 10% management fee.
If you are interested in contributing to the set, complete the following google form: https://docs.google.com/…/1FAIpQLSeU6...
Sign ups will remain open through June 15th 2017. Final spots will be selected and filled by the end of June 2017.

Black Robot Publishing (blackrobotpublishing) | 1 comments Calling all writers!

Black Robot Publishing LTD is now accepting submissions for fantasy novel, fiction novel and graphic novels!

Please contact us on blackrobotpublishing@yahoo.com for more info.

Thanks.

Best regards.

Black Robot Publishing LTD.

Facebook: @blackrobotpublishing

Instagram: @blackrobotpublishing

Linkedin: Black Robot Publishing

message 24: by Grasshopper (new)

Grasshopper Bot (daisyking) | 11 comments All new authors are invited to join our group that promotes authors. We manage author brands on Twitter, Facebook & Goodreads. Help us help you manage your brand. We offer a complete range of services to authors from editing, printing, marketing, promotion. A one stop experience not to be missed.
https://www.goodreads.com/group/invit...

The Writer's Workout (writersworkout) | 1 comments The Writer's Workout has a new quarterly literary journal, Waywords and we are open for submissions!

Check out our theme (heritage) and tribute (service workers) for our next issue and send us your fiction, poetry, or creative nonfiction stories!

Find more info here: writersworkout.net/waywords

message 26: by Grasshopper (new)

Grasshopper Bot (daisyking) | 11 comments 🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

🌼We have been publishing the works of our group members for the past 3 years.
https://www.amazon.com/Collected-Work...
Do mark it to read and review. Free audiobook codes available on request.

🌼Be a part of our amazing journey this year.
Send your short story submission to our annual competition.
https://www.goodreads.com/event/show/...

🌼 #Free Step by step guide to making your Audiobook. Consultation services offered on request.

🌼Special #Discount for our Group Members for our #BrandManagement services
Get featured on our Twitter Facebook & Instagram pages
#Audiobook consultation #AdvertisingCampaign #Animatedbookcovers #BookPromotion @Facebook @Goodreads @Twitter. Details provided on request.
Email: 2000daisyking2000@gmail.com

🌼This March we feature the authors:
E.S. Hazard
Andrea Officer
Terry James

🌼 Best Wishes
Moderators
New Authors

🌼 Author Brand Management, Book promotion, Reviewing, Book cover design/animation/Author interviews & Publishing services available.

pic.twitter.com/7M3ARjmeGB
https://www.facebook.com/2000NewAuthors/
Instagram handle: goodreads_new_authors
🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

message 27: by Grasshopper (new)

Grasshopper Bot (daisyking) | 11 comments Attention Poets & Poetry Lovers
Publish your original work with
Goodreads New Authors
in 2023. Send your poems (multiple entries accepted) by 31.12.22 to 2000daisyking2000@gmail.com

Theme:
Jan-Feb: New Year/Love
Mar-Apr: Mothers day/War
May- Jun: Spring/Seasons
July-Aug: Summer/Seasons
Sept-Oct: School/Children
Nov-Dec: Halloween/Christmas

Our previous publications include:
The Golden Years
Goodreads Best Poems 2020Goodreads Best Short Stories 2019
Goodreads Best Short Stories 2021