Pick-a-Shelf discussion

Book Reviews & Quotes > If they gave a Pulitzer for quotes, you could win by listing yours here.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyn (Readinghearts) (last edited Sep 23, 2012 11:12AM) (new)

Lyn (Readinghearts) (lsmeadows) | 2801 comments Mod
No, you won't get a prize for listing a quote, but you will earn the undying gratitude of your fellow readers. Give us a glimpse of what your Pulitzer winning book is all about. Who knows, you may inspire someone to read it!

P.S. The old rule was to pick a quote from page 46. If that doesn't seem to be a good choice, a quote from anywhere in the book will do!

message 2: by Coralie (new)

Coralie | 1588 comments from The Bell Jar

As I watched, he dragged himself slowly out of the neck-deep sea. Against the khaki-colored sand and the green shore wavelets, his body was bisected for a moment, like a white worm. Then it crawled completely out of the green and on to the khaki and lost itself among dozens and dozens of other worms that were wriggling or lolling about between the sea and the sky.

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan | 3405 comments Mod
from Laughing Boy:

"What have you done? The American Chief will put you in jail."
"No; it is all right. That man' -- he gestured toward the butte -- "I did not hurt him much; besides, he is a Pah-Ute. He took this horse from my brother last year. He is bad, that one. He lives up beyond Oljeto. I saw him at the dance. Now I have something, to come with you. He was a bad shot, look."
He showed her proudly a long, shallow scratch on his forearm.
"And the belt?" She pointed to the silver at his waist.
"I do not know from whom he stole that. It is a pretty good belt."

message 4: by Mindy (new)

Mindy | 87 comments from The Road

"Query: How does the never to be differ from what never was?"

message 5: by Mindy (new)

Mindy | 87 comments from The Road

"People were always getting ready for tomorrow. I didnt believe in that. Tomorrow wasnt getting ready for them. It didnt even know they were there."

message 6: by LynnB (new)

LynnB | 1601 comments from Lonesome Dove

"It's too bad nobody in town ain't dead," Augustus remarked. "This group has the makings of a first-rate funeral party. What about you, Wanz? Let's play cards."