Spencer Hill Press discussion

PODs (PODs, #1)
This topic is about PODs
Spencer Hill Press > PODs by Michelle K Pickett

Comments (showing 1-24 of 24) (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) PODs by Michelle K Pickett

PODs by Michelle K. Pickett

Seventeen-year-old Eva is a chosen one. Chosen to live, while others meet a swift and painful death from an incurable virus so lethal, a person is dead within days of symptoms emerging. In the POD system, a series of underground habitats built by the government, she waits with the other chosen for the deadly virus to claim those above. Separated from family and friends, it’s in the PODs she meets David. And while true love might not conquer all, it’s a balm for the broken soul.

After a year, scientists believe the population has died, and without living hosts, so has the virus. That’s the theory, anyway. But when the PODs are opened, survivors find the surface holds a vicious secret. The virus mutated, infecting those left top-side and creating... monsters.

Eva and David hide from the infected in the abandoned PODs. Together they try to build a life--a new beginning. But the infected follow and are relentless in their attacks. Leaving Eva and David to fight for survival, and pray for a cure.

To Be Released: June 4, 2013

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) Four months from today PODs releases! Check out my blog for a short teaser and some music that inspired me.

www.michelle-pickett.com/blog

Happy Reading,
Michelle :)

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) Three months and counting...

Check out my BLOG for a short PODs teaser and music that inspired the scene!

Tyler Jolley | 9 comments Michelle wrote: "Three months and counting...

Check out my BLOG for a short PODs teaser and music that inspired the scene!

Michelle :)"

Very exciting Michelle. Let me know if you need me to post anything on the release day.

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) Thank you very much, Tyler. That goes the same for me. My blog is open anytime you'd like to post. :)

Michelle

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) Since the release date of PODs is rapidly approaching I'm going to start sharing a few more teasers and information about the book. Today I'm sharing the playlist that inspired some of the scenes and over all feel of parts of the book, characters and myself while writing.

If there's something you want to know...ask and I might share. :)

Find the playlist on my facebook page: www.facebook.com/michellepickettauthor

message 7: by Michelle (last edited Mar 10, 2013 09:30AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) So excited! I received my bound proof of PODs in the mail. It's such a surreal feeling to actually hold the book in my hands after so many months of waiting.

Check out my first Vlog showing PODs and meet my son, Evan. He wanted to help me make the video because PODs will be released on his birthday. (check out his headset...way cool!)

You can see the vlog on:

www.facebook.com/michellepickettauthor
or
www.michelle-pickett.com

~~Michelle :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) EEP! I cannot wait to read it :)

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "EEP! I cannot wait to read it :)"

Thanks, Kayleigh! I can't believe how beautiful Kate and the whole SHP team has made it look. It's way more than I expected! I'm still staring at it. LOL. Kate found this great Biohazard sign and...well, I'll wait and let everyone see for themselves. It just looks so awesome.

PODs

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) Well I am getting an arc so hopefully I don't have to wait long :)

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Well I am getting an arc so hopefully I don't have to wait long :)"

Are you?! I'm so glad! Let me know what you think of the layout. I think they did a great job. I can't stop telling Kate how much I like it. I'm sure she's thinking "yeah, yeah, yeah, tell me something I don't know..." :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) I am. I automatically get all SHP ARCs. I'm like a crazy obsessed fan ;)

I will definitely let you know what I think of it :)

Tyler Jolley | 9 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "I am. I automatically get all SHP ARCs. I'm like a crazy obsessed fan ;) <-- lol, Kayleigh all of the SHP authors think you're awesome. We love and appreciate your support!

I will definitely let you know what I think of it :)"

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) Aww thanks Tyler... I love you too :)
Hope all you authors I'm gonna be bugging you all for interviews since I am going to do blog features for every single one of SHPs releases.

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) PODs releases two months from today! The closer it gets to the release day the faster times seems to fly. Here's my two month teaser blog post, including a song from the PODs playlist:

Two Month Countdown to PODs Release!

The PODs open June 4th!

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) Today is PODs Teaser Tuesday on my blog. Check it out and enter the giveaway for a signed copy of the book. Two ways to enter...two ways to win!

Go Here!

The Virus attacks six weeks from today...are you ready?

message 17: by Michelle (last edited Apr 30, 2013 11:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) Woke up late Saturday night/early Sunday morning to the sound of my phone signaling that I had a direct tweet. I couldn't go back to sleep after I read it...

The Tweet That Put A Goofy Grin On My Face.

Author, PODs available June 4th
Milayna available March 11, 2014
The Infected, a PODs novel available November 2014

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) Woo woo!
Gah my copy cannot get here fast enough!

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) I was blitzed by Lexie at Poisoned rationality. Check out the interview and say hi!

BEA Blitz Interview with Michelle Pickett

I cannot wait to meet Lexie at BEA!

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) I was blitzed by Lexie at Poisoned rationality. Check out the interview and say hi!

BEA Blitz Interview with Michelle Pickett

I cannot wait to meet Lexie at BEA!

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) PODs releases one month from today! Totally unbelievable. Check out my blog for a short teaser and another song from the playlist:

PODs Countdown!

Don't forget to enter the giveaways, there are two, while you're there!

PODs by Michelle K. Pickett Milayna by Michelle K. Pickett

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) It's less than three weeks until the release of PODs! Today is "Teaser Tuesday." Check out my blog for a sneak peek inside PODs...

Check out the teaser!

PODs by Michelle K. Pickett Milayna by Michelle K. Pickett

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) Gosh is it that soon already? I need to hurry up and read. My arc

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) The Curvy Writer Book Club on Goodreads is currently reading and discussing PODs!

Check it out:
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/9...

Author, PODs, June 4, 2013
Milayna, March 13, 2014
The Infected, a PODs novel, November 2014