Spencer Hill Press discussion

Masters of the Veil (The Veil Trilogy #1)
This topic is about Masters of the Veil
Spencer Hill Press > The Veil Trilogy by Daniel A Cohen

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) The Veil Trilogy by Daniel A Cohen

Masters of the Veil by Daniel Cohen

Life can’t get much better for Sam Lock. Popular, good-looking, and with a future as a professional football player… every guy at Stanton High School wishes he were Sam. That is, until his championship football game, when Sam accidentally links with an ancient source of energy known as the Veil and reveals his potential to become a powerful sorcerer.

Sam’s dreams are crushed as he is whisked off to Atlas Crown, a community of sorcerers who utilize the Veil as a part of everyday life. Once there, he trains beside a mute boy who speaks through music, an eternal sage who is the eyes and ears of the Veil, and a beautiful girl who's pretty sure Sam's an idiot.

As it becomes clear that Sam is meant for power magic—the most feared and misunderstood form of sorcery—people beyond Atlas Crown learn of his dangerous potential. An exiled group of power sorcerers are eager to recruit Sam, believing that he is destined to help them achieve their long-held goal. If they succeed, they could bring about the downfall of not only Atlas Crown… but all of humankind.

Books Available:
#1: Masters of the Veil

Coming Soon:
#2: Children of the Veil Coming 2013

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) I just started the first book in this series this morning. I'm really loving it so far. Anyone read it?

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Pickett (michelle-pickett) I've read it and it's awesome. My eleven-year-old son LOVED it.

Michelle :)
SHP author

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) I am wondering why I haven't read it before now. Loving it so far. I think tonight I'm just gonna be sat reading all night

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) Anyone know if there's been a cover reveal for book 2 yet? I can't find it

message 6: by Vicky (new)

Vicky Freeman | 3 comments this sounds good think i might have to get this one your no good for my bank balance with all your book recommendation kay :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) Who me?!?! *innocently looks around the room*
You should really read it it is incredible so far and ya know it's only like £3 something on Amazon
*whistles innocently*

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) Just in case you guys want to see here is my spoiler free review of Masters of the Veil... it just went live
http://k-booksxo.blogspot.co.uk/2012/...

message 9: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) Want to read this!! Sounds like something I will like :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) It's really good Harshini. I loved it.

message 11: by Maira (new)

Maira | 40 comments can someone post the link to download this book for free. i would realy appriciate the effort.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) Maira, you can't get it for free you have to BUY it

message 13: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate Kaynak (katekaynak) | 5 comments Hi Maira,

Here's the link, so you can get a copy: http://www.amazon.com/Masters-Veil-Tr...

The e-book version is less than $3, so you can support the author without having it break you financially. Authors really do need readers to BUY the books, or they have to get day jobs, and then they can't write as much--or at all--anymore.

message 14: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate Kaynak (katekaynak) | 5 comments And here's the ePub version: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-m...

message 15: by Maira (new)

Maira | 40 comments thank you

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) So upset to find that the second one will not be publishing :'(

message 17: by Maira (new)

Maira | 40 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "So upset to find that the second one will not be publishing :'("

seriously? why not?

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) Kate told me Daniel has just decided not to go forward with publishing the rest of the trilogy at this time. I'm so sad I loved the first one.

message 19: by Karen (new)

Karen Rock (karenrock) | 46 comments What a shame!

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) I know I really loved this one :(

message 21: by Karen (new)

Karen Rock (karenrock) | 46 comments Maybe we can change his mind!!

message 22: by Maira (new)

Maira | 40 comments me too.

message 23: by Kayleigh {K-Books} (last edited Dec 15, 2012 05:12AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) Karen I so wish i could 'like' your comment lol

I hope so.
WE LOVE YOU DAN PLEASE PUBLISH CHILDREN OF THE VEIL!!!!!
lol

message 24: by Karen (new)

Karen Rock (karenrock) | 46 comments Lol- I LIKE your comment too, Kayleigh :-)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) haha thanks =)

message 26: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Pickett (michelle-pickett) Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Kate told me Daniel has just decided not to go forward with publishing the rest of the trilogy at this time. I'm so sad I loved the first one."

What?! NO! THe first book was so good. My son loved it!

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) Michelle I loved it too, I am so upset :(