Fire(Based on the book By Kristin Cashore) discussion

RP > Caves

Comments Showing 1-50 of 120 (120 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Don't mistake this for some ramshackle dwelling. Where the resistance hides out, this network of caves is well equipped with rooms and food storage. RP.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Luke was in the cave trying to decide how to escape his sister's watchful eye

message 3: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Nyla walked in with Sky trailing behind her. "Hi there Luke. How are you doing this morning?" she smiled.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

"Good" Luke said

message 5: by Giulia (new)

Giulia "That's nice to here. Sky? Want to say hi to Luke?" Nyla looked behind her and her daughter popped up. "Hi." she said sweetly, stepping out of her mother's shadow. "Say Luke, do you know where April is? I have to talk to her?" Nyla asked.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hi Sky. She's back there" Luke said pointing to the back of the cave.

message 7: by Giulia (new)

Giulia "Thanks. Sky, why don't you stay here?" Nyla walked to the back to find April.

Sky skipped up to Luke and sat down next to him. "Someone is coming Luke. Mammy doesn't know it yet because she's not focused but people are coming." she said quite lightly.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"Who's coming? And how do you know they're coming?" Luke asked

April was in the back

message 9: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Nyla smiled as she came up to April. "Good morning dear. Everything alright?"

"I see them sometimes," Sky looked down at her legs before looking up at him perkily, changing the subjects "monsters and gracelings. I saw one man and two women."

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yeah" April said

"And they're coming here?" Luke asked

message 11: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Nyla's smile faded a bit "Listen, I have something to talk to you about."

Sky nodded "Any day now. I don't think they mean us harm but that's what I thought about the last group too..."

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Luke made a face. "I don't really want another one of the last groups again."

"What do we need to talk about?" April asked

message 13: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Nyla looked around and wrung her hands. "Well, you see, it's about Sky. Her grace hasn't set in yet and she seems quite disturbed by certain things and people. I don't know what she's trying to tell me. I was wondering if you could lend some advice."

Sky nodded. "Don't worry. These won't be anything like the last. One will be..." she stopped, looking out of the cave, her eyes far away "a monster man with white blonde hair, a monster girl with ocean blue hair and a graceling girl with brown and amber eyes. They will come and help us. I am sure." she said playfully as she sat down on a rock at the mouth of the cave.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well, try listening harder. She's only seven, so her vocabulary isn't as big as ours. If she's hearing things and seeing things, then she probably knows what she's talking about"

"Um, How do you know all that?" Luke asked

message 15: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Nyla nodded and looked back at Sky who was talking to Luke. "Your brother seems to make her happy. I'm glad she finally found someone her age to be young with. All this trouble is no fun for the children."

Sky's smile widened "I see them, you know, sometimes. They talk to me. Tell me everything is going to be alright."

message 16: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Nyla nodded and looked back at Sky who was talking to Luke. "Your brother seems to make her happy. I'm glad she finally found someone her age to be young with. All this trouble is no fun for the children."

Sky's smile widened "I see them, you know, sometimes. They talk to me. Tell me everything is going to be alright."

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

"It's not fun for anyone." April said

"Who talks to you?" Luke asked

message 18: by Giulia (last edited Sep 28, 2012 04:05AM) (new)

Giulia Nyla agreed as she pressed her lips together. "I was going to go hunting later. We're ridiculously low on supplies as no one is an expert trap maker here. I think we need a miracle."

Sky looked up thinking. She then turned back over to him. "So the other day, I found a book by the stream. A book!" she changed the topic quickly.

Kyara whistled as she made her way up to the caves. "Helloooooo?" she yelled, her voice echoing off the rocks.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

"That's great." Luke said

"Wha—more people" April said when she heard Kyara

message 20: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Nyla spun quickly to April. "Get the weapons. Be prepared." she ordered as she rushed back out. "In the back children. Go back now." she pushed Sky and Luke into the tunnels and caves as she prepared to face up to whoever appeared.

Caleb raised an eyebrow. "Are we supposed to greet them like that?"

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Apil obliged and Grabbed the weapons while Luke and Sky were pushed into the tunnels

"Who knows?" Raine said

message 22: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Nyla looked out of the cave and spotted the troop. "False alarm! It's Kyara and...company." she called back in.

Kyara waved up. "Nyla!"

Caleb looked up as well and waved.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

April smiled and put the weapons down going to the entrance of the cave.

Raine didn't wave, but that was normal for her.

message 24: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Kyara pulled herself over the cave lip and greeted Nyla with a large hug. "It's been so long!" she cried, squeezing her friend before stepping back. "This is Raine and this is Caleb. The infamous monster captain." she introduced them and smiled as Caleb stepped forwards to shake hands with a grinning Nyla.
"The others are in the back. April?" Nyla called.

message 25: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 29, 2012 05:25AM) (new)

"I'm here." April said "Luke and Sky are still in the back though

message 26: by Giulia (new)

Giulia "You remember Kyara. These are Caleb and Raine." she introduced them both.

Sky peered out and grinned. "Told you so."

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

"Hi Kyara" April said smiling. "Hi, Caleb and Raine, I'm April."

Luke shook his head, "I don't get how you knew, but ok"

message 28: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Caleb shook April's hand, smiling broadly. "I never expected to see the resistance was so well equipped with our kinds."
Kyara smiled when she noticed the children. "Gracious! Is that Luke and Sky? They've grown! They probably don't remember me." she waved over at the kids.
Nyla called them out and Sky ran up to hug Kyara. "I knew you'd come!" she cried. Nyla's eyes widened but she didn't say anything.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well you should've." April said not rudely.

Luke smiled when he saw Kyara and waved back

message 30: by Giulia (new)

Giulia "Glad there is." he winked, laughing at the eccentricity of the children.
Kyara scuffed up Sky's hair. "Nice to see you both too. So where can we let them rest? They're tired."
Nyla looked at April. "Are you willing to lead them?"

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

"Yeah sure"

((Wait lead them where?))

message 32: by Giulia (new)

Giulia (To their own cave section room thingy I guess, where they can stay. Gotta go btw)

message 33: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 29, 2012 10:05AM) (new)

"Come on you two" April said motioning for Sky and Luke to follow her

Luke followed, but waved bye to Kyara, Caleb, and Raine first

Raine smiled and waved bye to Luke

message 34: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Sky followed April as she led them back.

Nyla turned to them both. "April will join us with my husband. We'll discuss the tactics and resources available." Nyla explained. Kyara and Caleb nodded.

message 35: by [deleted user] (last edited Sep 29, 2012 10:16AM) (new)

April stopped when they got to the back room.

message 36: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Sky walked in and smiled. "Thanks April. Mother needs you now."

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

April nodded not even asking how she knew that. She was strange that wat. "Night you two" she said

message 38: by Giulia (new)

Giulia "Niiiiiiiight!" Sky giggled as she curled into the blankets.

The others were already assembled in the largest hall with the makeshift table and seats. Marcus joined them.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

April entered the room a moment later

message 40: by Giulia (new)

Giulia "April. We were just about to start on the weapons inventory. What do you have for us?" Nyla pulled out April's usual stool.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

April sat down and thought for a moment. "Well we definately have a lot of weapons."

message 42: by Giulia (new)

Giulia "I think the arrow count is low though." Marcus commented. "And as for food, it's much too low to survive for much longer. We're not hunters."

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

April nodded in agreement. "We have enough bows and not enough arrows."

"I can help you hunt." Raine said suddenly

message 44: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Caleb nodded. "She's good. We all can hunt."
Nyla grinned "That's perfect. You don't mind if you go now? When the light's still up?"

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Raine shook her head. "No I don't mind. And I can also teach you how to make arrows."

message 46: by Giulia (new)

Giulia "That would be amazing, thank you. April, would you like to join them?" Nyla asked, beaming at the new hope.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

"Sure." April said

message 48: by Giulia (new)

Giulia Caleb and Kyara stood. "Looks like we're going hunting." he shrugged and they grabbed their weapons.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Raine grabbed hercweapon

April followed

message 50: by Giulia (new)

Giulia ((to the forest?))

« previous 1 3