Spencer Hill Press discussion

General > News

Comments (showing 1-50 of 76) (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kayleigh {K-Books} (last edited Sep 23, 2012 10:49AM) (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) Spencer Hill Press News.

Spencer Hill Press have now added three new imprints to their company. Originally SHP was a small publisher for Young-Adult Paranormal books.
Now there will be Spence City, dealing with Adult Urban Fantasy title and Spencer Hill Contemporary, which will deal with Young-Adult Contemporary titles.

Spence City will launch by the end of the year. Spencer Hill Contemp will launch January 2013 so information including upcoming titles will be coming soon.

message 2: by Maghon (new)

Maghon Thomas | 14 comments fantastic :)

message 3: by Taherah (new)

Taherah Awesomeness!!!

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) I've very excited about these new imprints. It's going to be awesome.

Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews (LissaSmithReads) Will they do cover releases for the group?

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) I do all the cover reveals for Spencer Hill Press on my blog so I will be posting them in the group.

message 8: by Vanya D. (new)

Vanya D.  (Vanya_Drum) | 2 comments How do we contact them for review copies?

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) Vanya visit their website www.site.spencerhillpress.com and there's a reviewers section

Karla(Book Addict) (KarlaBookAddict) | 16 comments I can´t wait for Spence City i love love love Urban Fantasy!!!!!

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) New Cover and Blurb Reveal coming this friday.

message 12: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) | 20 comments It sounds awesome, too.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) I know. I so want to request it =)

message 14: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) | 20 comments I already did, LOL.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) I just did. I couldn't when the email came through coz I was on my phone

message 16: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) | 20 comments coolio. I think I have Amarok on its way to me soon, too. :D

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) :o
I never got my request for Amarok in :( I can't wait to read it buying it as soon as it's released.

message 18: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) | 20 comments :o\ I can send if you want, when I'm done with it.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) Nah it's okay I'll be buying it as soon as it comes out and it's not that long till the release date now =)

message 20: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) | 20 comments OCD Kay {K-Books} wrote: "Nah it's okay I'll be buying it as soon as it comes out and it's not that long till the release date now =)"

K. :D

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) Nothing can wipe the grin off my face right now!

message 22: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) | 20 comments Awesomesauce. Do you have to sign up separately to do cover reveals for the imprints, Kay? or will I auto get sent them as I'm signed up anyway?

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) I think you have to sign-up seperately. My guess would be to contact them and ask on their website www.spencecity.com

message 24: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Belfield (JABelfield) | 20 comments Cool. I'll check it out. :D

message 25: by Maghon (new)

Maghon Thomas | 14 comments CONGRATS KAY!!! :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) Thanks Mags

message 27: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisaamowitz) | 21 comments Lisa Amowitz's VISION, the first in The Finder series, in which a young man discovers that an ability to read the objects he touches is linked to his migraines; when a murder rocks his sleepy town, he must use his newfound gift to track the killer and discovers a shocking truth connected to his own troubled past, plus a sequel, to Vikki Ciaffone at Spencer Hill Press, by Victoria Marini at Gelfman Schneider.

message 28: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisaamowitz) | 21 comments Oh-- and I thought it's worth mentioning--I designed the covers for the first two releases for Spence City. I know that they are actively seeking bloggers to help with their reveals, so let me know and I will put you in touch with their Marketing Director, Jennifer Allis Provost, who is also the author of their first release, COPPER GIRLS.

message 29: by Marni (last edited Oct 28, 2012 03:32PM) (new)

Marni (WonderWmn999) Lisa wrote: "Oh-- and I thought it's worth mentioning--I designed the covers for the first two releases for Spence City. I know that they are actively seeking bloggers to help with their reveals, so let me know..."

I had contacted SHP and they put me on the list for reveals, but I'm not sure if that covers Spence City too. My blog is Word to Dreams... http://wordtodreams.blogspot.com/

message 30: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisaamowitz) | 21 comments I think if you ask, they will put you on for that.

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) Any news when the cover reveals will be?

message 32: by Vic (new)

Vic Caswell (viccaswell) | 6 comments forgive me if i missed it, but i couldn't find this elsewhere.
shp is having a vote to decide which cover they want to use for Keshia Swaim's BLOOD BOUND. i believe voting will be open until thursday of this week. sense you folks are the true blue shp fans, it'd be awesome to hear what you prefer. i don't know anyways to html things in here, so here's the link to my blog post about the contest/reveal
http://viccaswell.blogspot.com/2012/1...

message 33: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisaamowitz) | 21 comments The EXTRACTED cover reveal is this Friday. It's my cover design and I am SUPER excited about this book!

I will be posting on my blog

http://lisa-amowitzya.blogspot.com/

and on my Facebook cover design page

http://www.facebook.com/LisaAmowitzCo...

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) I will be sending out a message on tomorrow with it on. It's beautiful. Love it.

message 35: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisaamowitz) | 21 comments Cool! I'm also going to be posting a video on its development which will show the back cover as well. It will be on my Facebook cover design page. Email me, Kay, at mommatoo@optonline.net if you want the Youtube link to the video.

Lisa

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) Oohh I will Lisa coz I'm posting on my blog too =)

message 37: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisaamowitz) | 21 comments send away. I sent the link to Kate but I'm not sure if she'll be forwarding it to other bloggers or not, so you may have an exclusive. :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) Woop!
I'll email you now =)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) New Spencer Hill Press Book Announced.

USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L Armentrout, author of Covenant and Lux Series, will be releasing FRIGID, a New Adult Contemporary book in Winter 2013. This is the first NA book for the new imprint, Spencer Hill Contemporary. This book will be published under J. Lynn

You can find out what Jen has to say about it Here

Info
USA Today bestselling author Jennifer Armentrout writing as J. Lynn’s FRIGID, in which two lifelong friends, a guitar-strumming bad boy and a cautious bookworm, find themselves snowed in together over winter break and can no longer ignore the red-hot chemistry between them, that can melt snow but may also destroy their friendship, to Kate Kaynak and Patricia Riley at Spencerhill Press, for publication in Winter 2013, by Kevan Lyon at Marsal Lyon Literary Agency (World English).
Foreign: Taryn Fagerness Agency

Frigid is a New Adult novel, meaning it falls in-between YA and Adult, and it’s under my pen name J. Lynn, The characters are in college and their names are Sydney Young and Kyler Quinn.

How excited am I?!?! I mean JLA is my favourite author of all time I am crazy obsessed with her books. I am sooooo excited for this book. It is going to be so freaking awesome.

message 40: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Ficklin (Author_Sherry) | 9 comments Extracted by Tyler H. Jolley

It's cover release day! I'm so excited! Thanks so much everyone who helped us show it off! And big hugs to Lisa for the awesomeness!

message 41: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisaamowitz) | 21 comments Hi all! I'm pretty sure most of you have seen the cover I did for Sherry's awesome book, but just in case you didn't go here:

http://www.facebook.com/LisaAmowitzCo...

I'm going to post the original image of the cover hottie. (he's already got quite a fan club).

message 42: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisaamowitz) | 21 comments Hey guys, just wanted to share this..
I'm an auction item on KidLit cares for Hurricane Sandy relief..

http://joannelevy.com/2012/11/16/auct...

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) UK Arc Share group check your emails =)

message 44: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Miller (KimberlyAnnMiller) | 32 comments Hey all! It's here! Today starts the Six Month Countdown to the release of Triangles! Check out my blog for an introduction by Autumn Taylor, the main character, and a chance to win a gift card! Hope you enjoy it!

http://writersbytheshore.blogspot.com...

message 45: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) Kimberly wrote: "Hey all! It's here! Today starts the Six Month Countdown to the release of Triangles! Check out my blog for an introduction by Autumn Taylor, the main character, and a chance to win a gift card! Ho..."

Exciting! It's so close. :)

message 46: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Miller (KimberlyAnnMiller) | 32 comments Yet so far away....

message 47: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) Kimberly wrote: "Yet so far away...."

Closer than mine. :(

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) Michelle isn't yours coming out in June as well?

message 49: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Pickett (Michelle-Pickett) Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Michelle isn't yours coming out in June as well?"

Yes, but I thought Kimmy's came out in May? Maybe not. There are so many new releases it's hard to keep up with everyone! :)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (Kayley_12) hahaha I know so many awesome books to look forward to. I can't wait to PODs and Triangles =D

« previous 1