Ask C.L. Parker ANYTHING discussion

The Supernova Saga, general questions

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by C.L. (new)

C.L. Parker (clparker) | 11 comments Mod
This is where you can post questions about the entire saga.

message 2: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sdylion) | 1 comments How did you come up with the name of the series and book titles.

message 3: by C.L. (new)

Sandy wrote: "How did you come up with the name of the series and book titles."

Hi Sandy! Thanks for the question!

I actually knew the name of the series and the first book before I wrote the first word. LOL! I know, kind of backwards, but everything happens for a reason ;)

As for how I came up with them ... I hate to give a non-answer, but the truth of the matter is that Supernova was just there.

With Cataclysm, it was sort of all hell breaking loose for our beloved characters, Dominic in particular. And the result of what happened there was the "catalyst" of the series.

The title of Nexus was suggested by a co-worker of mine, and it was perfect! Nexus is a connection or link among a group or series. Since this was Tori's story, the daughter of Kerrigan and Dominic and the reason they were destined to be together, the title made sense.

Obviously, I love the titles of all three. They had to be meaningful, powerful. I think they are ;)

message 4: by Autumn (new)

Autumn (agentsofromance) C.L.,

Did you have any reservations about ending Nexus the way that you did? It took me a while to digest, but thought it was quite brave...

message 5: by C.L. (new)

Autumn wrote: "C.L.,

Did you have any reservations about ending Nexus the way that you did? It took me a while to digest, but thought it was quite brave..."

Hi Autumn!

I had no reservations whatsoever about how Nexus ended. I have always maintained that I write what I see, and that was what I saw.

I've heard from others that they thought it was brave, but I've yet to hear any negative feedback on it. I think the ending was a healthy balance that ripped emotions out of us - I say us because it did the same to me - and then slammed them back in. I have yet to go back and read over that part since I wrote it. I really dreaded edits because I knew I'd have to go there, but miraculously ... not a single edit was needed.

Now, if you're talking about the unique "take" on a story we've all been taught since the day we were born ... I still stand by what I saw. It is fiction after all ;)

Thanks for your question!

FLYAS!
~clp~