Christine's Kobo Book Club discussion

original kobo owners

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenniferdenise) Does anyone else who has an original kobo find that the % read (shown on the bottom of the screen when you put the kobo to sleep) does not show anymore? All it ever says is that my book is 1% read, no matter how far along I am in the book. Anyone know how to fix this?

message 2: by Literary (new)

Literary  Chanteuse Jen wrote: "Does anyone else who has an original kobo find that the % read (shown on the bottom of the screen when you put the kobo to sleep) does not show anymore? All it ever says is that my book is 1% read..."

I have this problem as well. Not sure how to fix it though.

message 3: by Tee (new)

Tee (Zally) | 20 comments Mine was going well, apart from the chapter skipping, very annoying, have started a new book a few days ago...the chapters are not skipping (hooray) BUT yes my kobo shows lm only 1% thou lm nearly finished, hopefully with your next book it might rectify itself, did you do an update a while ago?

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenniferdenise) This has been happening for months now. I've read numerous books and nothing has changed. I pushed the button on the back and nothing happened. I'm kinda frustrated. I know it's a small thing and I shouldn't sweat the small things, but it's driving me crazy!!!

message 5: by Tee (new)

Tee (Zally) | 20 comments Im hearing you and totally understand the frustration, lm nearly finished my current book, will let you know if my next book continues the same, will probably go back to chapter skipping and the % will be fixed....so annoying, let us know how you go and good luck.

message 6: by Lynnette (new)

Lynnette (coppermoon) | 22 comments Have you tried going to http://www.mobileread.com/forums , they have threads on there about all the different readers. Maybe they have one that pertains to your particular problem.

message 7: by Tee (new)

Tee (Zally) | 20 comments Lynnette wrote: "Have you tried going to http://www.mobileread.com/forums , they have threads on there about all the different readers. Maybe they have one that pertains to your particular problem."

Wow thanks Lynette :)

message 8: by Tee (new)

Tee (Zally) | 20 comments Hi Jen, just wanted to let you know l have started a new book and my Kobo has gone back to showing the correct % as l read thru my book but has restarted skipping chapters *sigh* any luck on your end?

message 9: by Angela (new)

Angela | 14 comments My Kobo Wifi is showing 1% read as well now. It's doing a couple of wierd things actually!

message 10: by Tee (new)

Tee (Zally) | 20 comments Angela wrote: "My Kobo Wifi is showing 1% read as well now. It's doing a couple of wierd things actually!"

Hi Angela
Mine is now back to 1%, has also started showing the cover of another book instead of the one lm reading, how long have you had your Kobo?

message 11: by Angela (new)

Angela | 14 comments Hi Tee, I've had it about 16 months(ish). I loaded another book and the one I'm reading then disappeared off my "I'm reading" page even though I'm only about half way through it (I think!). I found the book again in the book list, it said it was "unread" yet opened at the correct place. Most peculiar!! I'm hoping the next update will correct these bugs!

message 12: by Lynnette (new)

Lynnette (coppermoon) | 22 comments My brother also has the Kobo readers, he told me that he experienced the same problems with both the original and the touch. I have the wifi and actually have never had those issues,either that or I just never noticed. :-) But your best bet is to consult mobile read, the kobo people actually monitor the threads and will answer them fairly quickly.