The Filipino Group discussion

Pride and Prejudice
This topic is about Pride and Prejudice
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > [Group Events] F2F Ten: Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - October 20, Saturday, 3-6pm, Starbucks - The Grove @ Pasig

Comments Showing 1-50 of 207 (207 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by DC (last edited Oct 12, 2012 06:22PM) (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments Hello! Welcome to the event thread for October 2012’s face-to-face discussion of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice :)

Check out the online discussion thread here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

Event invite here: http://www.goodreads.com/event/show/7...

Details regarding the face-to-face (F2F) discussion
Date: October 20, 2012 (Saturday)
Time: 3-6pm

>>> [Post with simple directions on HOW TO GET THERE / Directions]
>>> [Post with photos & maps on HOW TO GET THERE / Directions]
>>> [Post regarding meet-up for mass transport (commute & carpool)]

>>> [Post with photo of venue]
>>> [Post with confirmed attendees + the food they'll be bringing for the potluck]
>>> [Post with reminder about the potluck]

Map-The Grove

Activities

I have a number of activities lined up, but I need your help to make sure they’re feasible xD I’ll post them little by little, and maybe you can help me with your comments? :)

>> Group screening the movie/tv series [link to post] - This seems to be a GO! Check out this thread for further details.
>> Potluck teatime goodies [link to post] - This is a GO! If you're coming with us and would want to bring food for the potluck, confirm with us the goodies you're to bring on this thread via comment! [link to food-to-bring list]
>> Pre-F2F Tea Tasting {Not an actual part of the F2F discussion, but we're going to enjoy some tea (English breakfast) before the actual discussion!} [link to post]
>> Guest participation: Five-word ode to a woman [link to post]

p&pcover3

Alternate Cover: TFG F2F10

Sheila (archiveangel) | 107 comments Love the poster: )

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments Go DC!!

Love from your wingwoman *cue Wind Beneath My Wings* chos

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments So excited for this :) I'll update the homepage once I get access to a proper computer. :)

message 5: by Mae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mae (jamaeca) | 330 comments Looking good, DC! And the poster is awesome. :)

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments will surely attend this :)

Maria (mariasm) | 2441 comments Sana lang mashadong girly-girly ung discussion :/

Maria Ella (mariaellabetos) | 1351 comments 17 summer dresses? hahahaha. Ang cute ng poster! :D

message 9: by Monique (new) - added it

Monique (attymonique) | 2126 comments Nice poster, DC! Don't forget my reserved invite ha? :D

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments Maria Ella wrote: "17 summer dresses? hahahaha. Ang cute ng poster! :D"

Oo nga noh. DC, bakit 17? Alam mo bang lucky number ko yan :") Kinilig ako (HAHA ANG FEELER)

Sobrang di talaga ako excited dito. Halata noh? HAHA

Veronica | 734 comments Nice poster DC! Kaya lang, sa tingin mo, ma-enganyo kaya ang mga boys natin magbasa? Haha :D

Aldrin (fullybooked) | 223 comments Ang ganda ng poster! Mas meengganyo ako kung mas magiging kamukha pa ni Keira Knightley yung cover girl. Hehe.

message 13: by Tina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Bwahaha Aldrin!

Pwede rin kaya magka-Darcy version ng poster? Haha. Colin Firth, please? :D

message 14: by DC (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments Salamat sa lahat ng nag-like ng poster! Hahaha!

Maria at Ronnie, ayoko rin siyang masyadong girly na usapan. Okey naman na storyteller si Austen, bagaman may love sa usapan. Overall look on 1800s England siya (kaya ayoko rin ng masyadong lovey dovey na diskusyon - nang may mga isyung pwedeng namnamin) :)

Aldrin (fullybooked) | 223 comments Oo nga dapat may Darcy version din na parang GQ para fair. Haha. :p

message 16: by DC (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments Hmmm, alternate cover ba? Kaso may kasama xD

Alternate Cover: TFG F2F10

Check ko pa kung may Darcy lang :P

Louize (thepagewalker) | 1830 comments DC wrote: "Hmmm, alternate cover ba? Kaso may kasama xD

Check ko pa kung may Darcy lang :P"

NICE!

message 18: by Lynai (new) - added it

Lynai | 1188 comments Hi DC!

I love the poster and the alternative poster! Parang kinilig din ako haha! Sayang, I'll be in Manila the week after you hold the F2F, but I will try my best to be active on the online discussions na lang. :)

message 19: by Monique (new) - added it

Monique (attymonique) | 2126 comments Wooot! Parang Mars vs. Venus ang dating ng alternative poster, haha! Nice one. ;)

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments OMG parang Trese na colored version. Gandaaaaaa

message 21: by Phoebe (new) - added it

Phoebe Andamo (phoibee) | 149 comments It's one of favorite books. The posters are so lovely.
I'm new in the group so I want to attend. :)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments Ang tarooooshi! Wala na akong masabi! :D

message 23: by Tina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Hi Phoebe! You're very welcome to attend. :) We'll send the invite once the venue is finalized.

message 24: by rose (new)

rose (rose_pz) | 2 comments Hi! i love the two posters! i read the book so many times and loved the movies. Can i join you on October 20? Im a newbie. sana may totoong poster din sa event. hahaha!

message 25: by Tina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments mandell-a wrote: "Hi! i love the two posters! i read the book so many times and loved the movies. Can i join you on October 20? Im a newbie. sana may totoong poster din sa event. hahaha!"

Hey mandell-a: yes, you can! newbies are always welcome. :)

DC: Ngayon pa lang bentang benta na yung F2F mo. :D Yay!

message 26: by Pau (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pau (pau_b) | 23 comments Ang cool ng posters!!! I love them!!! <3 I hope the venue is somewhere near me as I suppose it'll happen in the morning. I am not a morning person lol (I might wake up for Mr. Darcy, and half of Pemberly).

message 27: by Reev (new)

Reev Robledo (reevrobledo) | 128 comments Btw, the invitations DC gave away during the F2F for P&P was truly a labor of love. Nice touch. You should post the pics here. :) Now we know who to ask for wedding invites and giveaways. :P

message 28: by Phoebe (last edited Sep 24, 2012 04:56AM) (new) - added it

Phoebe Andamo (phoibee) | 149 comments Tina wrote: "Hi Phoebe! You're very welcome to attend. :) We'll send the invite once the venue is finalized."

yay~ (excited) thanks :)

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments Reev wrote: "Btw, the invitations DC gave away during the F2F for P&P was truly a labor of love. Nice touch. You should post the pics here. :) Now we know who to ask for wedding invites and giveaways. :P"

That's true! (Though I haven't opened mine yet, because the wax looks so pretty!)

Bennard | 730 comments Ang cool ng posters, DC!:)

message 31: by DC (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments Hello to all the newbies and not-so-newbies :D Again, thank you for liking the posters n.nb

Lynai wrote: "Sayang, I'll be in Manila the week after you hold the F2F, but I will try my best to be active on the online discu..."
> Salamat, Lynai. Congrats on your new position, btw! Hahaha! #latewellwish

mandell-a wrote: "sana may totoong poster din sa event. hahaha!"
> Hahaha, hindi ko naisip ito ah! Pwede! Tapos i-drop-from-an-airplane ko lang para spread the word talaga xD

Tina wrote: "DC: Ngayon pa lang bentang benta na yung F2F mo. :D Yay! "
> Sabi nga ni Aaron, mataas daw expectation niyo sa'kin, haha! Hope I can deliver xD

Pau wrote: "I hope the venue is somewhere near me as I suppose it'll happen in the morning. I am not a morning person lol"
> The face-to-face discussion is slated for 3-6pm, so teatime! :D

message 32: by DC (last edited Sep 24, 2012 09:28PM) (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments Salamat Reev! :) Here's a photo, by the way (along with the other paraphernalia):

Prepped up and good to go

(view spoiler)

message 33: by Pau (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pau (pau_b) | 23 comments YAY! TEATIME!!!!

message 34: by DC (new) - added it

DC (disguisedcyclone) | 437 comments Hello! As I have mentioned in the first post, I will be placing forth activity ideas I have on this thread. (If you have activity ideas yourself, please let me know!)

Here's my first idea:

[ACTIVITY: GROUP SCREENING OF PRIDE AND PREJUDICE]

Guys, what do you think of watching the 1995 BBC TV series and 2005 movie of Pride and Prejudice together? We could watch "together" an episode or two every Wed starting Oct 3 (that's my noted "day of rest" in the online discussion reading plan), then watch the rest during the days pre-F2F. We post a time (probably even have a chatroom up), and just comment galore while we watch "together". (Synchronized playing, ACTIVATE!) Maybe even have livestream or voice chat (although this seems more complicated).

OR, if the schedule's too tight, we could at least facilitate a group-watching of the 2005 movie on October 19, Friday night. Online movie group date! :D

Of course, I could already hear the ARRRRs of the pirates around, as I'm not sure it's easy to procure original copies of these. Your thoughts? :)

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments Yoho yoho! I have digital copies of the BBC adaptation (DVD naman for 2005) if anyone needs :D I'm game!

message 36: by Pau (last edited Sep 24, 2012 05:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pau (pau_b) | 23 comments DC wrote: "(w)e could at least facilitate a group-watching of the 2005 movie on October 19, Friday night. Online movie group date! :D
"

*WANTS*

message 37: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia (triciuhhh) | 1752 comments ANG AWESOME LANG, DC! I'll definitely attend! Sana malapit lang para after work lipad na ako sa discussion :P

message 38: by Phoebe (last edited Sep 24, 2012 09:24AM) (new) - added it

Phoebe Andamo (phoibee) | 149 comments DC wrote: "(By the way, I still have... THREE! invites left. Want one? I could reserve you one if you're quick enough t..."

What should I do to have one? :D
I'm so excited for all of these activities.

Biena (The Library Mistress) | 447 comments I'd love to go. I'd definitely get someone to go on duty for me this day. Please please. What do I do to get an invite?

message 40: by Mae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mae (jamaeca) | 330 comments The group screening idea sounds great, DC! I'd definitely be up for that. :)

message 41: by Aaron Vincent (last edited Sep 24, 2012 06:30AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments Love the poster!

The BBC adaptation group screening sounds good. I'm willing to participate. (Alexa and I sorta do this during Doctor Who livestreams. It's fun pero gusto matry marami participant! hehe) Maybe we can do it via skype forum if everyone has a skype account. Can we schedule it at night? Maybe before or after dinnertime? (Seryoso, I love the idea.)

message 42: by Tina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tina (tinamats) | 2665 comments Google+ hangout? Haha if anyone is still there, anyway?

I love the idea btw. I'm on night shift next month, so I don't know if I can do any video conferences, but I can definitely Skype. Haha. Then we can post the logs here or something. :D

DC: I have the same wax seal thing, but of course, with the letter T. :D I can't bear to use it just yet. Hee. (And no reasons to use it, anyway)

Angus (angusmiranda) | 4337 comments Biena, just show up on the venue and then say hi and hello. :)

Go ako diyan sa group screening. Now, where should I get a copy? FYI, don't suggest downloading anywhere because our dear discussion leader has an advocacy against pirates. :D

message 44: by Reev (new)

Reev Robledo (reevrobledo) | 128 comments If there was a venue where we could all watch together, okay ba yun sa inyo? Or do you guys prefer kanya kanyang nood na lang?

message 45: by Mae (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mae (jamaeca) | 330 comments Although it's a bit more distracting (since you have to keep one eye on the video and the other on the chat/forum), I think the simultaneous online viewing/chatroom idea that DC proposed might be more feasible. But then again if people are game naman, I guess fun din to actually get together and watch. Still, doing it online might encourage more people to participate and maybe even join the actual F2F later on. /2cents

Maria Ella (mariaellabetos) | 1351 comments aw. i'm on forever night shift. skype kaya? make it weekend. please? salamat nang marami.

makakatulong po kayo sa bampirang accountant promise. :)

message 47: by Tricia (new) - added it

Tricia (triciuhhh) | 1752 comments Skype! :)

message 48: by Cary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cary (forestercary) | 1370 comments love the poster!!

message 49: by Alexa (last edited Sep 24, 2012 06:42PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alexa (codenameblue) | 935 comments Or DC! If you know how to livestream it from your computer, pwede rin! I watch Doctor Who livestream every week and there's a chat room at the side (when the viewers don't watch it full screen) where people can talk and stuff. For people who don't want that, you can just click the option for full screen :>

Aaron Vincent (aaronvincent) | 2053 comments Siguro we can try week 1 muna with simultaneous viewing + skype forum. Wait lang, 6 55-minute episodes siya so pano hahatiin kung October 3 magstart? 2 episodes per week?

« previous 1 3 4 5
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.