Old Irish Wisdom Attributed to Aldfrith of Northumbria: An Edition of Briathra Flainn Fhina Maic Ossu Old Irish Wisdom Attributed to Aldfrith of Northumbria discussion

Bad OCR

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seán (new) - added it

Seán Ó Séaghdha A quick glance shows this is yet another bad OCR available at the Internet Archive. I really don't understand why they make e-book versions available with no quality control.

If you're going there, read one of the graphical editions, e.g. read online, pdf or dejavu.

J. Sebastian I don't understand, Seán. Why is it bad? My book was published in 1999, and it's beautiful. I'm glad I have the actual book––I much prefer them to reading on screen––but is there something wrong with the reprint editions?

message 3: by Seán (new) - added it

Seán Ó Séaghdha J. Sebastian wrote: "I don't understand, Seán. Why is it bad? My book was published in 1999, and it's beautiful. I'm glad I have the actual book––I much prefer them to reading on screen––but is there something wrong wi..."

If you read my comment (from four years ago!) carefully you’d see I was referring to the e-pub version. A lot of these records get here because the Internet Archive provides scanned versions and add them to their Open Library website. I’m guessing that this record has been changed to refer to the 1999 print edition since I made that comment. Goodreads (and Open Library) are pretty sloppy about keeping editions consistent.

J. Sebastian Thanks. I understand now; this explains why I found the post incomprehensible.