Critter Room Readers discussion

Introductions

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura de Leon (laura_de_leon) | 3 comments I don't know what the idea was with starting this group, so I thought I'd introduce myself as a reader, and see if anyone wants to chat about books.

I'm Laura, and I'm a voracious, eclectic reader. I read 12-15 books a month, spanning a wide variety of genres. I mostly (but not entirely) read fiction, and that includes mysteries, romance, science fiction, fantasy, young adult, literary fiction, general fiction, and I'm sure there is more.

I also split my reading between audiobooks, my Nook and good old paper books. I'm curious whether anyone else here listens to audiobooks.

In other book related activities, I run two local book clubs and I have a (somewhat neglected) book blog at http://blog.imbookingit.com/

I'm always interested in adding more Goodreads friends, so feel free to send a friend request.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 4 comments Mod
I'm Sandra. While I don't do as much pleasure reading as I'd like, it has increased a bit thanks to ereaders. I'd like to think my tastes are varied, but lately I've mostly been leaning to historical fiction; especially surrounding the Age of Sail. My favorite authors are WEB Griffin, Diana Gabaldon and Marion Zummer Bradley.

message 3: by Joie (new)

Joie (hellojoie) | 2 comments Hi all--I'm Joie. I just started a Clinical Psychology PhD program, so unfortunately I'm not getting to do nearly as much pleasure reading as I would like! :) Like you, Sandra, having a Kindle has definitely helped me read more! Laura, I briefly had an Audible account, but until recently I had no commute and thus, no real opportunity to try out audiobooks. I've been thinking of giving them a try now, though!

I have broad reading interests, although in the past I read almost exclusively fiction; I also enjoy some fantasy (in fact, I've been slowly making my way through LOTR the first time). Lately I've become a huge fan of memoirs and short stories, which are genres I never got into much until recently. And of course, I do a fair amount of reading related to psychology, both for school and for pleasure!

And given how we all came to be in this group, it seems appropriate to also mention that I have one kitty named Fritz--you can see him in my current (and painfully outdated) Goodreads photo. Here's a better pic of him.

In addition to being a bookworm, I'm also a musician/songwriter, Internet junkie, and fan of video games! :)

message 4: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (sgkarr) | 1 comments I'm Suzanne. My goodreads goal is 60 books this year. I read plots of mysteries, but read other stuff as well. I am currently reading The Beach House by James Patterson. I also do needlework. There are just not enough hours in the day!!!!!!

message 5: by Mia (new)

Mia | 7 comments Hi, I'm Mia. Laura may remember me as Mew.