Teen Writers - Contests and Tips and More! discussion

Inspiration > Christian Inspiration

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

Grace (fictionaladventures) | 896 comments Mod
This is the topic for those of us who love and worship God our Savior. Post some inspirational Bible verses to brighten someone's day or maybe even help them through a tough situation. Who knows? You might post a verse that turns out to be exactly what the next person needed to hear.

Also, you don't have to just post Bible verses. You can post inspirational stories where Christ has worked in your life or in someone elses, you can post prayer requests - really anything goes in this topic!

message 2: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 2 Corinthians 4:17

I love this one 'cause I am one of those people who can really feel broken down about almost anything. This says that these troubles we go through on earth won't matter in the future - they'll even seem "light and momentary"! And they are WORTH IT. Everything we go through has a purpose in our lives, I promise you. It is "achieving for us an eternal glory." One that will make our troubles seem like nothing in comparison.

message 3: by ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (last edited Sep 22, 2012 09:08PM) (new)

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (Taggerung) | 174 comments I asked Jesus once, "How much do you love me?" He looked at me with love in His eyes, saying "This much." Then He stretched out his arms and died.

message 4: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

Whoa, where'd you get that from?

message 5: by ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (last edited Sep 22, 2012 09:25PM) (new)

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (Taggerung) | 174 comments I found it on some random sheet once! It really hits you how much how He loves you doesn't it?

message 6: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

Yeah, it's crazy. I just finished reading Psalms and Proverbs, and I'm thinking about going back and reading Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John again 'cause the last time I read those I don't think I was old enough to understand how much it really meant. This time, maybe I'll see it differently. A new perspective, you know?

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (Taggerung) | 174 comments Totally. I should do that myself. :)

message 8: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

"God understands our prayers even when we can't find the words to say them." Author Unknown

message 9: by Rosie (new)

Rosie Whatcott | 13 comments I'm so glad God is a part of my life. It just helps shape everything into perspective for me. One quote I really like is "life isn't about trying to find shelter in a storm; it's about learning to dance in the rain." I feel like all God wants for all of us is just to be happy and enjoy things. Sometimes I think we worry too much :)

message 10: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

I couldn't have said it better myself Rosie :) thank you so much for posting that. I certainly worry too much myself

message 11: by Rosie (new)

Rosie Whatcott | 13 comments Ya, worry eats up so much of my days with school and all that sometimes it amazes me how often I forget to take in the little things. I'm really grateful for times when God allows for me to get "bored" just so that I can slow down and relax, you know? :D

message 12: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

Absolutely. A great thing to do when you're worrying is TRUST. That word is overused so we don't know the weight of it anymore, but it's HUGE. Trust that God has everything covered. We need only to be still

message 13: by Rosie (new)

Rosie Whatcott | 13 comments thanks, that really helps. My Da (dad) always tells me that everyone always has something going on and I think thats downright true. Everyone is dealing with a trial and we never know what it is so we really shouldn't judge and we should help in whatever way we can. Even if we don't know it. Something as simple as a smile can be the world to someone different at a certain time, in a certain place, in a certain circumstance. Which just goes to show God perfectly times everything :D It's amazing. So thanks again for commenting back. I want to trust God and I can always do better :)

message 14: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

I'll be praying for you , Rosie, and for your walk with Him. Everything really does happen for a reason, be sure to remember that :)

message 15: by Rosie (new)

Rosie Whatcott | 13 comments thanks :)

message 16: by Grace, Head Moderator (new)

If you need some inspiration or you just need to feel loved (whether you're Christian or not), click here: http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3.... I've posted a mix of things in the devotionals I read with bits of my own thoughts. Hopefully something about one (or more) of these will bring you hope. (Comments ON the link, not here. Please and thank you)