Hades (Halo, #2) Hades discussion

sorry, but HADES SUCKS

Comments Showing 1-50 of 72 (72 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Maggie (new)

Maggie I would like for everyone to tell me how much this book stinks! Thanks, this is gonna be rad

Georgia Sheldon Well done you've just appalled a load of people by saying that. I think Hades is really good so please explain to me whhy u so obviously hate it.

fabby it did seem like that for me too i wanted to love it so i keep reading but no such luck

Melanie It wasn't toooo bad...

fabby by adding the too bad u have acknowledge it wasn't what this series had us expecting the truth is they banked on the popularity that little effort was put in to it

Kasey I liked it!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 7: by XXK (new) - rated it 4 stars

XXK How does it stink? I mean she gets kidnapped, sent to hell and nearly burnt!!! What more could you wish for?

Georgia Sheldon I really enjoyed the books. I think they have a beautiful story-line and include strong main characters and plot-lines. And if you really don't like a book then put that in the review but don't start a discussion about it! You may hurt both the writers and the fans feelings.

Snarglepuff I really loved the first one,but I think this one was defenitely a let down.

Angela Georgia wrote: "I really enjoyed the books. I think they have a beautiful story-line and include strong main characters and plot-lines. And if you really don't like a book then put that in the review but don't sta..."

Amen!

Georgia Sheldon awwwwww thankz x ^_^

Angela You welcome. I know this because I write book, and people just give me a hard time.

Georgia Sheldon yeh, people need to be less harse and more positive.

Angela Mmmm.
I mean a little brutally honest is fine so you can do better. But suck and your book need to be burn is way over the line.

Georgia Sheldon yeh i know, ii'd written a book and someone sed it needed improving then i would take it in stride but saying it sucks and that it hould be burnt and stuff is way out of line. It would have probably made me cry if it was my book!

Jamie Georgia wrote: "I really enjoyed the books. I think they have a beautiful story-line and include strong main characters and plot-lines. And if you really don't like a book then put that in the review but don't sta..."

I totally agree with you !!! I loved this book and i can't wait for the next one, to see what she said to the proposal xavier made !!! And i can't understand why people hate this book, so much happened. And then when i finished i just wanted more :)
I LOVE THIS SERIES !!!

fabby what's funny about this its that i preordered hades and pay the full price for the hardback book and i dint love it enough to keep it i donate it to my library but i decided i was done with this series and on my birthday as a present my friend gave me heaven as a present of course i said i love it but sadly enough it went to my library unread

Angela Fabiola wrote: "what's funny about this its that i preordered hades and pay the full price for the hardback book and i dint love it enough to keep it i donate it to my library but i decided i was done with this se..."

I don't really care if the book is good or not. I love reading and love book dearly. I would never donate any of them. You could say I'm hoarding them ;D Man, I would be piss and hurt if I find out if I gave my friend a gift and they donate them, unread. But hey, as long they don't find out. lol

message 19: by Shav (new) - rated it 2 stars

Shav I was really excited to read Hades because I just Loved Halo, but i was very disappointed, but I hope that Heaven is better

message 20: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Georgia wrote: "Well done you've just appalled a load of people by saying that. I think Hades is really good so please explain to me whhy u so obviously hate it."
well, let me just say that i dont personaly have a problem with this seiris; i am a christian and this seems fine. my friend, however hates this and wanted me to put this on my goodreads account. i dont want to offend anyboby butim sorry if i do!thanks 4 your input

message 21: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Georgia wrote: "yeh i know, ii'd written a book and someone sed it needed improving then i would take it in stride but saying it sucks and that it hould be burnt and stuff is way out of line. It would have probabl..."yeah thats pretty harsh

message 22: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Snarglepuff wrote: "I really loved the first one,but I think this one was defenitely a let down."

the only real problem i had with it is that how the heck do you trick some one into getting into your motercycle?who is that stupid? but any way ...

message 23: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Fabiola wrote: "what's funny about this its that i preordered hades and pay the full price for the hardback book and i dint love it enough to keep it i donate it to my library but i decided i was done with this se..."

sad, but pretty ironic, dont you think?;)

message 24: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Shavony wrote: "I was really excited to read Hades because I just Loved Halo, but i was very disappointed, but I hope that Heaven is better"
maybe. nobody seems to like hades, anyway

message 25: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Georgia wrote: "I really enjoyed the books. I think they have a beautiful story-line and include strong main characters and plot-lines. And if you really don't like a book then put that in the review but don't sta..."

also if the writer is reading this discussion, i guess i want to apologize; i mean i could never finish my own book so i cant very well criticize yours, can i? while people can dislike whatever the heck they want to, i dont want to be extremely rude about it.

Angela "Nobody like Hades?" First you Hate this book (which is fine) but don't speak for other.

message 27: by Shav (new) - rated it 2 stars

Shav Maggie wrote: "Shavony wrote: "I was really excited to read Hades because I just Loved Halo, but i was very disappointed, but I hope that Heaven is better"
maybe. nobody seems to like hades, anyway"

yep, guess you're right

message 28: by Iris (new) - rated it 5 stars

Iris Well, actually for me Hades is the book that I liked the most from the three.

Angela Iris wrote: "Well, actually for me Hades is the book that I liked the most from the three."

I agree

Georgia Sheldon Maggie wrote: "Georgia wrote: "Well done you've just appalled a load of people by saying that. I think Hades is really good so please explain to me whhy u so obviously hate it."
well, let me just say that i dont ..."

thanks Maggie for explaining that to me, now i understand where you're coming from. Please could you tell your friend about the comments though so she can see that she should give it another chance.

message 31: by Dion (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dion Guys, if you think this is bad then try the next one. I loved this one, but the ending of the next one is so..blech

message 32: by Shav (new) - rated it 2 stars

Shav Chlo wrote: "Guys, if you think this is bad then try the next one. I loved this one, but the ending of the next one is so..blech"

Do you recommend that Heaven is better?

message 33: by Dion (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dion Shavony wrote:Do you recommend that Heaven is better?"

Depends on what you didn't like about Hades. I read hades a while ago and liked it. I liked Heaven too, but I just didn't click with it, you know?

message 34: by Yanery (last edited Oct 12, 2012 04:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yanery "the only real problem i had with it is that how the heck do you trick some one into getting onto your motorcycle?"

Agreed

message 35: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Georgia wrote: "Maggie wrote: "Georgia wrote: "Well done you've just appalled a load of people by saying that. I think Hades is really good so please explain to me whhy u so obviously hate it."
well, let me just s..."

sure shes an atheist anyway so this probably went agianst her beliefs.thank you for understanding! it seems most people really love these books-i must say i got a different idea from all the comments on the hades page! yeesh, some people were actually violent about them!hateful too...:(

ciara Atanda this book was not better than the last on but it was not tht bad either

message 37: by Constance (last edited Oct 19, 2012 01:15PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Constance Georgia wrote: "Well done you've just appalled a load of people by saying that. I think Hades is really good so please explain to me whhy u so obviously hate it."

Even though I'm not the writer of this post, I hate Hades because Bethany spent the whole freaking book complaining about "Oh Xavier, come save me from this horrible demon!!!1`1!!" when Jake wasn't even that horrible. Like at the end with the whole "Let's have sex" gimmick. I mean, really? Actually selling her soul to Jake would've been more captivating.
Gabe was unrealistic as an angel, and Xav doesn't act like a normal teenage boy, really... he acts like what every teenage girl wants a boy to act like, strong and brave and heroic.
Bethany isn't a strong character. She's needy and dependent on Xavier and no one, in my opinion, wants to read about a whiny character. She doesn't go through struggle. Maybe actually losing her soul to Jake at the end would count as struggle but being without Xavier and whining is not.
That is my honest opinion... can someone tell me is Heaven is better? Because after the ending of Hades I just wanted to cry.
Adornetto (still love her last name) has a good grip on writing. She just doesn't have a good grip on characters.

Angela Lukia wrote: "Georgia wrote: "Well done you've just appalled a load of people by saying that. I think Hades is really good so please explain to me whhy u so obviously hate it."

Even though I'm not the writer of..."

No. I like Hades better, heaven is lacking a lots of plot.

Constance Angela wrote: No. I like Hades better, heaven is lacking a lots of plot.

...sigh. Thanks.

Janelle Mel wrote: "Sounds bad but i think out of all the characters i liked Jake the most, and he was the bad guy."

ugh, agree! between him, gabriel, and xavier (why all the boys?) they had the most character devotion, or best descriptive personalities i guess.

Janelle Maggie wrote: "Georgia wrote: "Maggie wrote: "Georgia wrote: "Well done you've just appalled a load of people by saying that. I think Hades is really good so please explain to me whhy u so obviously hate it."
wel..."

heh, you have no idea...i went to the halo page and i thought they were an angry mob or something with very descriptive language about how much they hated it. personally i found it a little cheesy at times, but overall all 3 books were good. (cept for heaven, that was just crazy, but i was a lil upset with the ending when gabe and ivy weren't there.)
oh, 1 more thing. my heart goes out to gabriel in book three. he really made the ultimate sacrifice. i love you gabe!!

message 42: by Dion (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dion Janelle wrote: "Maggie wrote: "Georgia wrote: "Maggie wrote: "Georgia wrote: "Well done you've just appalled a load of people by saying that. I think Hades is really good so please explain to me whhy u so obviousl..."

oh yeah! I agree 100 % :)

Sarah Agreed. I hated it. I wouldn't say it sucked. But i did despise it and i don't think i was able to carry on to the third book. I couldn't get into any characters. I read that along time ago and barely remembers any parts of that book/series. Sorry, can't list the stuff i hated.

message 44: by Janelle (last edited Oct 23, 2012 03:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Janelle Sarah wrote: "Agreed. I hated it. I wouldn't say it sucked. But i did despise it and i don't think i was able to carry on to the third book. I couldn't get into any characters. I read that along time ago and bar..."

try the third book, please just end it. it's ridiculous but it's better just to finish it. (wait didn't you like gabriel? what the heck??)
anyways, just try to read the last book. try. i think the first book was bark, and the second was burnt barf, but the third was a whirlwind of crazy, with a certain someone dying, trying to kill himself and being possessed, and another certain someone gaining human emotions while losing a certain pair of wings and comes close to punching a mortal in the face (not like that certain mortal didn't deserve it) and finally that person also battles it out with a certain devil....
just sayin

message 45: by Georgia (last edited Oct 23, 2012 07:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Georgia Sheldon Mel wrote: "I don't understand how an angle plays ouija board, aren't they supposed to give out a good aura to affect peoples choices for the better?"

Ouija boards are just used to contact people in the spirit realm, most people make the mistake of thinking that their bad just because they accidentedly attract bad spirits. They can be used to contact loved ones that have recently died as well. If you believe in that stuff, which i do. If you use one then u should use white candles and be completely serious or something bad might happen.

Hannah Hades was an amazing book i think, the ending was really annoying, i just wanted to know what happens next.

Melody AMPv lack of action i think, but i wanted to know what happens to Beth next

Petra Youssef Georgia wrote: "Well done you've just appalled a load of people by saying that. I think Hades is really good so please explain to me whhy u so obviously hate it."

Its one of my favourite series its breaking my heart to see people rating it low and hating on it. Guys you need to have an open mind! this is cruel! no one should rate books like this!

Mariana I actually liked it because she got to spend more time with Jake. But I was mad when Jake died in the end. It was a real letdown.

Petra Youssef One of my favourite series so disappointed by how many low ratings it got :( so suprised too!

« previous 1