Pandemonium (Delirium, #2) Pandemonium discussion

Should I kill my friend?

Comments (showing 1-38 of 38) (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cat I got my friend hooked on Delirium. She started reading Pandemonium within the same month and a week later, I asked her if she was done with Pandemonium and she said it was so boring she couldn't even continue to read past the first thrity pages. Furthermore, she hates Alex's guts (for what reason, I do not know) and think Julian is a retard even though she doesn't even know who he is. Um, any comments?

Halle Well I agree that Julian is stupid, my love for Alex withered and died, and Pandemonium was so much less interesting than Delirium that I'm surprised I stayed conscious through the book. So killing her would mean one less sane person in the world.

ღIsabellaღ Nah just wack her with a shovel a few times, she might come to her senses after that.

Diana ❀ ☺ lol, um i found Pandemonium wayy interesting than Delirium... As for your friend, just tell her what happens in the end :)

Ilana i think that people should realize that you sometimes have to get past the first bit of a book to get sucked into the story. although i really enjoyed it form the beginning i think that it's not always the case. make your friend go back and keep reading - :)

i can't wait for the next one to come out - i've been waiting and waiting because i want a happy ending (and i LOVE alex)

Jennifer Maybe she just has no taste in men...er... boys and has no imagination. Let her live, give her cr@p at every opportunity, and introduce her to some hotties. ;)

message 9: by Jeni (new)

Jeni Contemplating friendacide over tastes in books seems to be a bit harsh. I mean, my first thought is "Well, that escalated quickly!"

;^)

Instead of being upset they didn't like it, ask why. Engage in some friendly debate. After all, we choose our friends for their differences as well as the common ground we have with them.

Catherine That happened to my friend too

message 11: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cat I didn't mean I was really going to kill her. And I respect her taste in books. I'm just offended--a lot--because I introduced the book to her after she read Delirium (which she also hated... hmmm...) and she completely blew it off. I asked her why she wasn't reading it and her response was, "I got bored. I need to read another book."
In addition, I'm starting to feel like none of my friends likes the Delirium series because my best friend started reading book about ah, five months ago... and still isn't finished. Maybe she doesn't want to tell me she hates it. And finally, my other best friend won't even touch the book because she has sworn off love (she's like super pessimistic).

Haidi I can understand why she couldn't get into it, I found it really hard for the first 1/4 of the book, the "now" and "then" chapters were pissing me off, but then all became clear and I was hooked.

message 13: by Dara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dara Now, I feel the opposite. I felt Delirium was every bit of a bore as a book could be, and Pandemonium definitely fixed that situation. Also, I could't stand Julian either, though I didn't Alex much. I feel ALL the characters in this book one-dimensional. But I do like the story to the books

Kathryn Lol, not really, well I suppose since I wrote this.

message 15: by Reem (new) - rated it 5 stars

Reem dont kill her just tell her shes a total idiot!

message 16: by Jeni (new)

Jeni There is a very good reason why the field of book genres is so extensive--different people like different things.

I think it's really okay for your friend to not like what you do. Maybe what they like is something you haven't discovered yet. I'd likely ask what their favorite book is and pick it up to see what they like. You might be surprised and find a new type of book to enjoy!

Jessica Crone It's her opinion but in MY opinion I think she needs to rethink her opinion because she obviously has NO taste in books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 18: by Maliha (new)

Maliha nah, you should kill lena's friend :)

message 19: by VG/Allie (new) - added it

VG/Allie ღIsabellaღ wrote: "Nah just wack her with a shovel a few times, she might come to her senses after that."

True. I got my math teacher hooked on the serise and she gave me the assinment to buy it when it came out read it and give it to her to read.
Needless to say we both couldn't put it down and had a very long dissuction during the middle of class about how amazing it was.
We both think Julien is a idout and were jummping w/ joy when Alex came back.

Kaila B Ilana wrote: "i think that people should realize that you sometimes have to get past the first bit of a book to get sucked into the story. although i really enjoyed it form the beginning i think that it's not a..."

i agree with you so much i love alex and i want to see him not pissed off at her and lena and alex together and alex did way more then julian with alex it was about falling inlove not his history and getting out some cell on a mission thats not true love! lena what the hell is your problem..

Kaila B Zarah wrote: "OH MY GOSH
is she serious??
after reading the end of pandemonium , i literally weeped out of frustration of not having requiem ( third book ) and nowthat its out i cant find it
:("

it comes out in march.

message 22: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cat It might help to say my friend is extremely girly and will not stray reading only manga. I'm surprised she even gave Delirium a try, honestly. Plus, I think her fan-girl crush over Mr. Manga Man is ridiculous while she thinks mine over Alex is insane. So... I guess we're even here.

message 23: by Katy (last edited Dec 21, 2012 03:18PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Katy I loved Delirium and hated Pandemonium. The story was not as good, neither was the writing. Julian and Lena felt staged and rushed. I was so hoping that pandemonium would be about Lena going to save Alex because I was so Effin sure they were totally in love with each other. But she gave up. Ugh. And Julian is a big wuss!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess... you don't have to kill her, because honestly Pandemonium wasn't as good as Delirium. (And that's saying alot) Talk to her about it :P

message 25: by Reem (new) - rated it 5 stars

Reem to all the people that think there os gonna be a happy ending with alex and lena(i want that to happen too!), well i got some bad news.
in requiem alex dies.......waaaaaaaaah!!!

message 26: by Maliha (new)

Maliha Reem wrote: "to all the people that think there os gonna be a happy ending with alex and lena(i want that to happen too!), well i got some bad news.
in requiem alex dies.......waaaaaaaaah!!!"

waaaaaaaaaaaaaah?!! do u have an ARC cause you sound pretty sure! well, i was sorta expecting Alex dying so i guess i'm prepared to read that...

message 27: by Sophie (last edited Jan 04, 2013 12:10AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sophie Here is what I would do....

#1 - Talk to her. Try to make her understand how truly wrong she is.

#2 - If she doesn't listen, lock her in a dark, damp room for a week with only a dribble of water and stale bread to eat each day.

#3 - If that doesn't work, leave her in that room 3 weeks longer with only that book to read. (Use force if necessary)

#4 - If she is still unresponsive, THEN you are permitted to kill her.

Lol

Don't worry, I would NEVER do that to someone! If she doesn't like it, live with it :). It's her decision and if she doesn't like it, it is her loss :)

Siobhan It's funny, the girl who recommended Delirium to me said that Pandemonium was hard going and dragged a lot, but I didn't think that as I read it. There were a few predictible moments, but ultimately I think it's set up for a good third part (which I think has been sorely missing in other distopian trilogies, as much as I love books like Hunger Games and Matched ... the third books were too political and weak). I cannot wait to see how Alex handles Julian, Alex does not strike me as the type of guy to take crap from anyone else.

message 29: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cat Reem wrote: "to all the people that think there os gonna be a happy ending with alex and lena(i want that to happen too!), well i got some bad news.
in requiem alex dies.......waaaaaaaaah!!!"

You're kidding, Reem. Alex doesn't freakin' die!!!!

☆♥☆Kotyonok꧁꧂ I'll admit it was boring at some points (i was mostly just hoping Alex would pop in a scene) but Julian isn't that bad. I'd tell her to give it another try because the ENDING. Oh my God, one of the worst cliffhangers ever!.....Not cool Lauren Oliver, but the ending is the only reason im reading the next book.

message 31: by Heather (new) - added it

Heather If Lauren hadn't switched each chapter I would have been really bored. Sometimes details such as being in the woods can be dull, and its almost over done now a days. I know that I try to keep spoilers to a minimum so I really thought Alex was gone. I was like, "The way he "died" wasn't fleshed out but he can't come back from being shot so many times, can he?"

I gasped at the end.

message 32: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cat I accidentally saw the end before I even read the book. (I was stupidly flipping through the pages and it fell open.) The book was SPOILED. :(

message 33: by Reem (new) - rated it 5 stars

Reem i did that with pandemonium! i hated myslef for reading the back....

message 34: by Cat (last edited Jan 19, 2013 04:31PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cat Reem wrote: "i did that with pandemonium! i hated myslef for reading the back...."

Right?

:O My friend is peeking at the convo. Aaaahhh!!!! Tickle attack!!!

CATHERINE OUT.....

Aisha Lariani no just kill Lena and shake your friend until she gets back to her senses.

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 23, 2013 03:40PM) (new)

Maybe.. Nah jks she's just a little messed up. (Jks ;)) Pdm was great! I really loved it it was fun and interesting and I. Hate. Julian. I mean now there's gonna be a love triangle *sigh* another great series turned to crapper over a fussy girl I mean LENA. You. Don't. Love. Julian. You. Love. Alex. If Lena chooses Julian I WILL abandon the series:(

Breanna yes

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it was just the way the beginning of the book was written. I will admit Pandemonium wasn't as great as Delirium, but it still was amazing!! As for your friend... I've said it before, i'll say it again... I always have my pitchforks;p lool jk