YA Dystopian discussion

Recommendations, Anyone? > Whats This Topic?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccatheawesomeone) | 123 comments Mod
Y'all are probably wondering what this topic is about.

Well, I'll tell you.

Have you ever read a book and thought, "This book is great! I want to read a book exactly like it!" Then you would post the book here, and people who have had similar thoughts of the book will suggest books that are similar that they also enjoyed. THESE BOOKS DO NOT HAVE TO BE DYSTOPIAN, BUT THEY DO HAVE TO BE YA OR YOUNG ADULT APPROPRIATE!!

Thank you!

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 69 comments Lol!! For the sake of not repeating the whole list I wrote in the other thread, I'm just going to refer everyone to the "whatcha reading?" Thread ;)

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 69 comments GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!! The sequel to Shatter Me, Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi , and the third book in the Birthmarked trilogy, Promised (Birthmarked, #3) by Caragh M. O'Brien , just came out TODAY!! :)

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 69 comments What's everyone reading these days? I'm almost done with Ready Player One. I have kinda mixed feelings about it...

message 6: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Farmer | 1 comments Just finished a great dystopian book called Illumini. Couldn't put this one down and finished in two days. Very strong message with lots of action. An indie book that had some flaws but the story made up for it. Highly recommend it.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 69 comments Thanks Jonathan! Ill check it out :)

message 8: by Saachi (new)

Saachi | 7 comments Amy wrote: "GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!! The sequel to Shatter Me, Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi, and the third book in the Birthmarked trilogy, Promised (Birthmarked, #3) by Caragh M. O'Brien, just came out TODAY!! :)"

yeah, but i can't find a single library close to me that carries Destroy me :(

message 9: by Saachi (new)

Saachi | 7 comments Amy wrote: "What's everyone reading these days? I'm almost done with Ready Player One. I have kinda mixed feelings about it..."

I really love Delirium by Lauren Oliver and Article 5 by Kristen Simmons... I just finishes Article 5, and can't wait for the sequel

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy (aimzees02) | 69 comments Read both, love both. Oh, and Destroy Me is apparently not the sequel... It's the same story told by the captain (boo). If you liked those, you might like The Moon Dwellers. The first book is kinda meh, but the second book makes it allll worth it!!

message 11: by Saachi (new)

Saachi | 7 comments Destroy Me is #1.5 and is from Warner's POV. Unravel Me is the sequel, and I can't wait for it!