One Million Pages Per Lifetime discussion

Archive 1.0 > September Readathon

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) Hello wonderful people!

Our Sept. RAT was supposed to be from today until the 28th. Since half the day is already gone, I'll move it to the 24th thru the 30th.

Get those books ready, and let us know how your reading is going in this topic! :)

message 2: by Mad Scientist (new)

Mad Scientist (madscientist) | 1119 comments I didn't realize we were doing readathons now.

Must of started when I was in China.

message 3: by Jennifer (last edited Sep 24, 2012 12:24PM) (new)

Jennifer (ace_librarian) I totally need this! I have been neglecting reading for catching up on Vampire Diaries haha!

GOALS!

Read 1000 pages
Finish current audiobook (currently on disc 2 of 7 of Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5) by Ally Carter )

Book List: The Encyclopedia of Me by Karen Rivers The Awakening and The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2) by L.J. Smith The Fury and Dark Reunion (The Vampire Diaries, #3-4) by L.J. Smith

Monday
The Mysterious Benedict Society (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #1) by Trenton Lee Stewart pages 112-162 (50 pages)

Audiobook Progress: Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5) by Ally Carter Disc 2-

message 4: by Vera (new)

Vera (verareads) | 123 comments Sounds good. I need it too to get my library books finished.

message 5: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I am so in! I am so far behind on reading this month. I am going for 4 books.

message 6: by Mad Scientist (new)

Mad Scientist (madscientist) | 1119 comments I have a pile of library books as well!

message 7: by Lori (new)

Lori Goldstein I too like Mad Scientist have a pile of library books to get through. Also 3 E-books with one being nearly 550 pages.

So think I will set a goal of at least 1/3 of my mega E-Book and at least 2 library books to finish.

message 8: by Margot (new)

Margot (margot-livingtoreadfantasy) | 32 comments I am going for 3-4 books. I really haven't read at all lately. Damn you, homework & school & life in general!

message 9: by Mad Scientist (new)

Mad Scientist (madscientist) | 1119 comments I have Carnival of Souls too! Legend is really good and it is a fast paced read! I have three of Philippa Ballantine's other books to read for review!

message 10: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (shorty_320) | 138 comments I have a stack of 9+ library books, plus more waiting for me to pick them up at the library, and I'd like to read a good portion of them.

message 11: by Mad Scientist (new)

Mad Scientist (madscientist) | 1119 comments It is different. I didn't like it right away. But I did warm up to it. I read the ARC so I can only imagine how much better the real book is. I like how the ink is different!

message 12: by Mad Scientist (new)

Mad Scientist (madscientist) | 1119 comments So, easily pleased.

message 13: by Mad Scientist (new)

Mad Scientist (madscientist) | 1119 comments Oh, the first day! That was fast! I will be finishing Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole . And starting The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle .

message 14: by ★Meghan★ (last edited Sep 26, 2012 01:28PM) (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I am reading Summer on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #6) by Debbie Macomber . I am hoping to possibly finish it today. I am already 1/2 way through it.

Some of my possible books:

Finish:
Summer on Blossom Street (118-285) DONE
Graceling (10-?)
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (1??-?)
Water for Elephants (

Continue:
Eragon
Steve Jobs
New Moon

Start:
???

message 15: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Sarajayne wrote: "Sooo, first day of the RaT and I've got such a busy day planned ugh. Hopefully I'll be able to get at least a couple hours of reading in today, but we'll see. I'll be starting with [bookcover:Phoen..."

Let me know how Pheonix Rising is. I just got it as an audiobook on a $4.95 sale.

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (ace_librarian) Well I finished The Vampire Diaries season 3 last night, just in time to focus on reading this week! Good timing! =)

message 17: by Mad Scientist (new)

Mad Scientist (madscientist) | 1119 comments Finished book 1 Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole 5 stars!

message 18: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (shorty_320) | 138 comments So far I've finished two books:

the last 256 pages of Catch of the Day by Kristan Higgins and all of Fables, Vol. 17 Inherit the Wind by Bill Willingham .

Just started Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6) by Meg Cabot . So far so good!

message 19: by Mad Scientist (new)

Mad Scientist (madscientist) | 1119 comments I'm really loving The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle . Whoever thought of putting Amish and vampires was a genius!

message 20: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments I finished my first book! Summer on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #6) by Debbie Macomber it was just what i needed to get out of my reading rut

message 21: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Sarajayne wrote: "Got my first book done, Phoenix Rising. A high five star rating from me :)"

I am glad to here this book was great! I am excited to get around to it.

I am sorry you aren't doing well with this RaT. I know exactly how you feel. This happens to me all the time.

message 22: by Mad Scientist (last edited Sep 26, 2012 06:07PM) (new)

Mad Scientist (madscientist) | 1119 comments Finished book 1 Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole 5 stars! (356 pages)
Finished book 2 The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle 4 stars. (320 pages)

The Hallowed Ones was really good! Loved it!

message 23: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (shorty_320) | 138 comments Finished Princess in Training (The Princess Diaries, #6) by Meg Cabot and Eruption (Storm Runners, #3) by Roland Smith , bringing the total to 4 read.

Today, I started Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr and The Black Circle (39 Clues, #5) by Patrick Carman .

Hoping to get a few more read before the week is out!

message 24: by Mad Scientist (new)

Mad Scientist (madscientist) | 1119 comments It was just too nice outside today. In Wisconsin we take our warm days when we can. I was outside most of the time chatting my g'ma and was knitting.

message 25: by Renae (last edited Sep 27, 2012 09:16PM) (new)

Renae (romanticparvenu) | 154 comments Whoops! Forgot to make a post!

Progress:
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta; finished 9/24
Heartless by Gail Carriger; finished 9/26
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein; finished 9/27
East of Eden by John Steinbeck; finished 9/27
Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey; DNF (108 pages)

Books Finished: 4
Pages Read: 1,856

message 26: by Mad Scientist (new)

Mad Scientist (madscientist) | 1119 comments I like Gail Carriger!!

message 27: by Renae (new)

Renae (romanticparvenu) | 154 comments Mad Scientist wrote: "I like Gail Carriger!!"

Me too!

message 28: by Mad Scientist (new)

Mad Scientist (madscientist) | 1119 comments Oh, poop. this nice weather is killing my readathon get it on!

message 29: by Mad Scientist (new)

Mad Scientist (madscientist) | 1119 comments I'm so happy for you!

message 30: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 1455 comments Great job Sarajayne! I usually do most of my reading during the week also. However with how busy it has been that hasn't happened much lately. :( (I worked multiple 12 hour shifts this week with no break.) I haven't even finished my second book this week. I should probably get to reading it... as it is really for a team challenge.

message 31: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya LadyWings (zladywings) From the looks of it everyone really did some awesome reading! Sad to say, I completely forgot about the RAT after I got offline. :/ Have got to get online more lol

message 32: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (shorty_320) | 138 comments Since I last posted, I finished four more and half of two others:

Finished:
The Black Circle (39 Clues, #5) by Patrick Carman , Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2) by Ally Carter Party Princess (The Princess Diaries, #7) by Meg Cabot , and Bone, Vol. 8 Treasure Hunters by Jeff Smith .

Got halfway through Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr (which I have to admit, I'm not impressed by) and Come Closer, Roger, There's a Mosquito on Your Nose by Bill Amend

So I think that makes 8 books finished, and 2 started but not finished.