The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games question

Book Vs. Movie Review System
Storm Storm Sep 22, 2012 12:47PM
this topic isn't about the hunger games, per say, but more about books and movies ,I was thinking, wouldn't it be cool if there was a feature on goodreads, where you could write a pro's and con's list for books that have been turned into movies, so you can compare the book and movie, how alike they are, and give them each stars?

I went to see movie after reading the book with my brother who haven' read it, and the movie didn't ofer any explonations on what was happening so it was frustraiting siting answering questions all the time. Also after the movie i seen Hunger Games Movie Companion book in the stores. Book are always different to the movies but its good to have both that we have somthing to compare one to the other

Some people don't read as much as others, though, and may find a comparison to a movie they really enjoyed to be helpful when deciding what book to read.

Good idea!!

Storm exactly :D, and thanks :D
Sep 24, 2012 09:15AM · flag

That's a pretty good idea... Maybe with a festure for mistakes in the movie according to the books... I would definately love such a feature...

yeah, good idea. But the books are almost always better than the movies!!!

F 25x33
Line Sooooo true...
Sep 24, 2012 10:21AM · flag

I agree. Books are usually better than the movies. However, occasionally it's helpful to have seen the movie for a better, visual representation of the book's events. One such book/movie comes to mind: "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly". It's a non-fiction account of the author's massive stroke that left him with 'locked-in syndrome'.

I borrowed the movie from the library without knowing that the movie is based on his book. When I saw that information in the closing credits, I read the book, of course. In this case, I was glad to have seen the movie first. The man's condition, struggles, and efforts to communicate had a much greater impact for me through the visual representation of the movie. Granted, I also enjoyed the book, but seeing the movie FIRST gave me a deep, sympathetic understanding of his condition.

I am on the side of always reading the book of any movie based on a book.
I watched the Pelican Brief and then borrowed and read the book, so confusing.
I think that the rule of which comes first, the book or the movie...Definetely the book.
My dad watched The Hunger Games with me, and was totally thrown for a loop and asking questions. Luckily I had read the book so I could explain things better for him.