Review Group discussion

General discussion > Proceeds go to charity

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jay (new)

Jay Howard (jay_howard) New member Erin has prompted me to start this thread. Please add good books you have come across where some proportion of the proceeds go to charity. Add the link for the book and details of the charity and what percentage they will get.

message 2: by Jay (new)

Jay Howard (jay_howard) 100% of proceeds go to Pancreatic Cancer Research

Vic's Big Walk: From SW France to NW England

This is a diary of Vic's walk which he timed to finish in his home town of Blackpool on his 70th birthday. I can only hope when I'm that age I still have enough fire in my belly to be prepared to go balls out to help others the way Vic did. Even when given a coffee or meal along the way, he put what it would have cost into the pot.

I thoroughly enjoyed this diary. The thought of reading a diary may not appeal, but this is a wonderfully idiosyncratic work, with snippets about the walk, about the trials and tribulations faced, about the places he passes through and the people he meets. Great stuff, and I felt at the end that I'd really got to know the author. I'd have paid for the book, never mind helping a charity too.

message 3: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1703 comments Mod
Wisdom of Our Mothers - some proceeds go to domestic abuse shelters, etc:

Wisdom of Our Mothers

And American Blue: Real Stories By Real Cops - proceeds go to National Law Enforcement Memorial, but it's not on Goodreads. Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/American-Blue-R...

I have stories in both of them :)

message 4: by Jay (new)

Jay Howard (jay_howard) Wisdom looks very interesting, Kathy, but there's no cheap Kindle version so I'll have to see how my finances are doing at the end of the month.

message 5: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1703 comments Mod
Yeah, I think it's just paperback - I should have mentioned that. And "American Blue", by the way, is not for the faint of heart. There's some upsetting stuff in there.