Science and Inquiry discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Club 2012 > November 2012 Book Club Nominations

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Rubenstein | 900 comments Mod
It's time to start thinking about what book you'd like to read for November 2012. Make your nominations in comments below. Please be sure to use the "add book/author link" just above the comment box.

Don't hesitate to nominate something that has been nominated before.

By the way, we recommend that you do not nominate something that is too new. It can take months for new releases to become available in libraries, as e-books, and in other countries. Keep in mind that our membership is varied.

Nominations will be closed on September 27.

message 2: by eHawk (new)

eHawk This is definitely "lighter" fare, but I've had this one on my shelf for a while and I'd love to do a group read:
Chasing Chiles: Hot Spots Along the Pepper Trail

message 4: by Jaye (new)

Jaye  | 12 comments Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!
Has this one been read before?
I've been meaning to read it and I think it may be in the house !

message 5: by Betsy, co-mod (new)

Betsy | 1705 comments Mod
Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman! is in our bookshelves, but it doesn't appear that we have read it as a group.

message 6: by Paul (new)

Paul  Perry (pezski) | 40 comments I'll go for Creation: Darwin, His Daughter & Human Evolution (originally published as Annie's Box).

Having recently seen the wonderful movie based on this I bought the book straight away. As much biography as science writing, but still appropriate perhaps.

message 7: by Betty (new)

Betty Ho (bettyho) The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins. It was one of the Oct nominees. I'd love to give it another shot.

message 8: by AER (last edited Oct 19, 2012 05:36PM) (new)

AER (bioacoustics) | 10 comments EDIT

message 10: by Betsy, co-mod (new)

How Children Succeed looks interesting but it was just published in September 2012. Be sure to check availability before you vote for it.

message 11: by Betsy, co-mod (new)

Nominations are closed for this month. You can vote on which book you'd like to read at the following poll:

http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/72...

Voting will close on October 3.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.